Daytrading US stocks using Stock specfic news...

miti 1000

I've been daytrading uk cfd's very happily for the past 20 years but want to start daytrading US equities as liquidity on the uk order books are becoming a joke with the computerized algos for DMA traders such as myself.

I'd like to employ the same strategy which in the UK involves reading the UK RNS feed at 7am and reading the results and breaking stock news from the same news source throughout the day.

My question is if I wanted to do the same thing for US equities what are the news feeds I would need ? From what I understand there's no one real equivalent of RNS in the US and no one place where all company specific news is released . It seems to be a bit of mishmash from my initial research and news seems to be released from many sources.

If this is correct , what do similar traders, like myself , rely on on in the US to get such timely stock news releases from so they can trade it and be informed throughout the day for any breaking stock specific news.
Many thanks.

I've been daytrading uk cfd's very happily for the past 20 years but want to start daytrading US equities as liquidity on the uk order books are becoming a joke with the computerized algos for DMA traders such as myself.

Presumably you already know about TradeTheNews and why do you think it would be better for US equities given that the algos are probably even more active ?

Presumably you already know about TradeTheNews and why do you think it would be better for US equities given that the algos are probably even more active ?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know about TradetheNews.
I understand your point about there being way more algos in the US and the movements are more violent than over here .The difference here is the underlying liquidity at the bid offer in the uk has become very low so its very hard to get any fills in any size without moving the price substantially . That has made trading harder in the uk.

I read about something like this on the news. I read the news every day. To do this, I use the news service https://news.kisspr.com I like that it has interesting articles from almost all the articles, and they add new articles every day, so you will almost have something to read. There you can find interesting information about the business that should help you. In fact, it really seems to me that the experience of other successful people can in some situations be the key to your problems. I am interested in information technology, so I read a lot of articles about it. Almost every day, there was an article about a group of hackers who broke into a program or an institutional mainframe.

Last edited: