Daytrading shares , any experts ?

tar

Legendary member
I am intrested in spreadbetting (daytrading) shares from uk us europe without using much levrage 1:1 or 1:2 only , but i have some questions here :

1- What websites will be helpfull for my trading ?

2- If i were in a trade and breaking news came out , the stock will move heavily like ( BASF ) today it dropped 10 % and more after breaking news , what should i do ? can i protect myself beside putting a graunteed stop loss everytime ( it will cost me higher spread and this will eat my profits if i want to daytrade ) ? Or i should accept such moves as a part of the game ?!

I am intrested in spreadbetting (daytrading) shares from uk us europe without using much levrage 1:1 or 1:2 only , but i have some questions here :

1- What websites will be helpfull for my trading ?

2- If i were in a trade and breaking news came out , the stock will move heavily like ( BASF ) today it dropped 10 % and more after breaking news , what should i do ? can i protect myself beside putting a graunteed stop loss everytime ( it will cost me higher spread and this will eat my profits if i want to daytrade ) ? Or i should accept such moves as a part of the game ?!

There isn't a lot you can do on something like BASF, if you're broker gives a guaranteed stop it may be worth using it, but this doesn't happen too often and if you had a stop it probably would 've triggered at some point, depends on your broker.

You'd be quite unlucky to be in more than a few moves like that every year.

Just a cost of trading i'd guess.

Regarding websites, it depends what stocks you're trading what sites you want.

i read the UK newspaper sites for info on stocks

There isn't a lot you can do on something like BASF, if you're broker gives a guaranteed stop it may be worth using it, but this doesn't happen too often and if you had a stop it probably would 've triggered at some point, depends on your broker.

You'd be quite unlucky to be in more than a few moves like that every year.

Just a cost of trading i'd guess.

Regarding websites, it depends what stocks you're trading what sites you want.

i read the UK newspaper sites for info on stocks

Yah thats what i am thinking ...

Regarding websites i am intrested in UK shares and US stocks , what is you advice ? I want websites to show hot stocks for the day ( unusual move , unusual volume , leaders , laggards ) beside yahoo finance ....

I think you'll struggle for a site showing hot stocks in UK, best bet would be to check for announcements and watch those stocks and look at the biggest risers /fallers then.

I'm sure there's sites in US, try asking in Mr Charts thread, someone there may point you in the right direction