daytradetowin

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you come here to complain about "free advertising" in an area of the board that is meant to discuss commercial Seminars & Tutors.

Interesting that you assumed that it was a complaint. Why? I simply thought it was funny and as JP knows full well (because we have communicated) I am a supporter.

Also, interesting that you feel the need to jump to his defence ( he is more than capable) and who appointed you as a board moderator anyway?

Remarks like yours and the next one are discouraging to say the least.
What you are trying to do is squeezing out free info to save you from paying for it.

just in case there is any confusion that i was trying to squeeze this we gem for free, i was not , and that will be because i realize how the world works, simple fact is that even if this system works for the seller, the chance of it working for a beginner who can't even be bothered to read through T2W and put together a system that they UNDERSTAND and realize the LIMITATIONS,of said system is like giving someone a 20 page booklet on jet fighters then chucking them in the cockpit. Result = in both cases Crash and burn.
Is that discouraging? you bet but its nearer the truth than anything the seller is saying.
the puzzling thing is why do i care? with one born every minute it would be a full time job :cheesy:
cheers bry.

there is not one "truth".....jetfighters and traders are 180 degrees opposite. ..for those who try to find the analogies, comparisons to other endeavors, etc., forget it...it is simply hard work to learn a lifetime career......not a freebie..JP will give you a simple, solid beginning to realtime real life trading......not the final answer only the very most basic entry to the arena...very simply...that is why no lines, no news, no distractions...only candles and price action....now, if you cannot accept the simplicity of that, then you may proceed with a few years of extremely hard work trying to prove that you are smarter than most. Being more intelligent is a disadvantage unless you recognize the trap of thinking it is based on how smart you are. It does not require greater intelligence to succeed intraday eminis. Only greater determination and willingness to sacrifice. JP is giving you a fantastic headstart. Will I buy his stuff. No, I have the same stuff, multiplied. Does it work? Everyday every market...Am I recommending his stuff? Yes. Can you make money with it? Who knows. All mess up the best systems within 99 % ????........ no trading advice intended......or offered..

nice to meet someone who rambles even more than me :) firstly i'v never thought im smarter than most . secondly if you think the kind of person who buy's something they don't understand, to do something they don't understand, because they cant be bothered to read this forum and come up with a couple of ideas from all the great posts,seriously you think that that will save years of hard work? pure lazyness to my mind.

no offense directed to you bfirth......only in general....seriously, i would look at jp'
s free videos and get an understanding of what he is doing. I s he giving the best of what he knows and owns? doubt it, but it is a good solid start....he is with trend, candles, and price action patterns etc. Have a most wonderful day.

I've looked at JP's system and the results are very credible. He uses a similar trading philosophy to myself, which is to take 1-3 points per day and limit the number of trades. Also, I trade the open as well because that's when the market is moving.
I'm going to purchase his setup and code it in TradeStation if possible (I don't use Ninja). It fits in very nicely with my trading style, but uses an entirely different set of criteria for setups.
I was also impressed with his videos which show the automated setups as they trigger.
I'll check back in when I have some results.

Also, there was a good article about John Paul and his system in the product review section of Futures Portal:

Day Trade to Win Product Review
We have received the course by Day Trade to Win Official Site, E mini S&P Futures Day Trading System, Strategy and Automation to see it’s content and the automated services that they offer. Prior to receiving the course, we have asked John Paul, the trader a few questions, and much to our surprise his response was fast. Above all, he did not hype the course or his method, rather said that trading was not easy. No question that he trades, you can tell just from the way he communicates.
The course itself is very interesting; it drives you to become an independent trader, and it covers to a degree all the things you need to start trading the E-Mini S&P.

Commodity Futures Trading News, Articles and Trading Strategies Resources For Traders Day Trade to Win Product Review

I've coded it as a Tradestation strategy/auto-trader. I'm still working on a few tweaks but back-testing does show it's a profitable system. I'm also trying different settings to find the optimal stop/target with the lowest drawdown. FWIW, you can trade this system with a 1:1 risk:reward with about a 56-57% win rate. Not the greatest but still profitable.

Just posting my results for the week, 1 contract on SIM.

3/9/2009 2 $100.00
3/10/2009 2 $100.00
3/11/2009 -5 -$250.00
3/12/2009 2 $100.00
3/13/2009 2 $100.00
Total: +$150

So for the last month, I've netted 17 points, or $850 before comms.

My results were similar, but worse...

There were two losers on 3/11/09 and unfortunately I caught them both. This morning I see you posted a winner. I didn't get filled until it was on the way down and consequently was stopped out. Thank you for posting your results. Amongst all the trashing of this system (most without purchasing), I'm still optimistic about making money with it and would like to form a small community of users.

Good luck trading to all!

I note that mswguitar's were on sim so his sim might fill when no real trader did. Or not.

I too am on sim. My plan is to go live next week, but am feeling a little discouraged with the three losses this week.

My results were similar, but worse...

There were two losers on 3/11/09 and unfortunately I caught them both. This morning I see you posted a winner. I didn't get filled until it was on the way down and consequently was stopped out. Thank you for posting your results. Amongst all the trashing of this system (most without purchasing), I'm still optimistic about making money with it and would like to form a small community of users.

Good luck trading to all!

I forgot to mention that I still traded the March contract yesterday and today. I actually meant to switch to the June contract this morning but forgot. If you were trading the June contract, then your results would have been different, as yesterday had no trade, and todays trade filled you on the way down.

On the March contract, the fill was a definate on both entry and exit (it passed though the entry price and the exit price by 1 tick each). That's not a huge difference but enough to make a difference for today.

As for the 11th, I only take the first trade of the day, win or lose so I missed the 2nd losing trade.

Good point. I traded March yesterday and had a good day, but switched to June this morning and yes I'm sure that made the difference. Thanks for the clarification.

Why not use the continuous contract? Then you don't have to worry about the rollover.

The continous contract works for charting but not for orders (at least not at my brokers). I have to specify which contract I want when placing trades.

Last edited:
I'm on Ninja and had heard that was not available. I will check with their support group to verify. Thanks.

Hi,
On March 11th, if you had 5 points stop, you would've have lost twice. On JP's performance history, it shows that the lost the first long trade with 5 points stop, and profited on the second short trade. However, If you look at the 5 - min chart, after you got filled on the short trade, it shot up 5.75 points. If he had kept the same 5 points stop used on the first long trade, wouldn't he had been stop out here also? If not, that means he moved his stop from 5 to 6 points (broke his own rule)...can anyone else using the system, verify what I am saying? maybe i am missing something here.

Thanks.

I sent an email to John Paul about the same thing. I know he's busy, but he sometimes responds when I have a question and sometimes does not, so we'll see. I do like his system but a support person of 1 is not helpful when you're getting started and I do find that frustrating so perhaps we all can utilize one another.

I agree, there would have been two losers on 3/11/09 unless he went with a 6 point stop in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.