Has anyone evaluated 'Trading in the Buff'

theodubai

Hi all
I am new to this and looking for some assistance here please.
While searching around i came accross this alternative method of trading using no indicators. First found was 'DaytradetoWin' which i found threads on this site with info which is good reading. Then 'Trading in the Buff' by John Templeton was found sounding very similar. When searching more, the only articles i find are those that have been put up by himself. Their website is Learn Forex Trading With Price Action | Forex Trading Education | Forex Trading System | Trading In The Buffwhich appears more marketing orientated and a bit suss as there are no phone contact details, or addresses only email.

Has anyone actual purchased this package and if so can you pls share your comments.

Thanks

Hi all
I am new to this and looking for some assistance here please.
While searching around i came accross this alternative method of trading using no indicators. First found was 'DaytradetoWin' which i found threads on this site with info which is good reading. Then 'Trading in the Buff' by John Templeton was found sounding very similar. When searching more, the only articles i find are those that have been put up by himself. Their website is Learn Forex Trading With Price Action | Forex Trading Education | Forex Trading System | Trading In The Buffwhich appears more marketing orientated and a bit suss as there are no phone contact details, or addresses only email.

Has anyone actual purchased this package and if so can you pls share your comments.

Thanks
You really don't need to pay anything for learning Forex trading using price action.

There is a 500 page plus thread by Trader_Dante which gives you masses of potential setup information

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/32991-potential-setups-558.html

Charlton

Price action applies to all markets, generally better for longer time frames. So good that your starting in the right place,it took me years to get there. I read every book and looked for every holy grail, and now I trade using mainly trend lines and a couple of patterns.You will also need to get your head round risk/ratio and money management as well.

I have TITB and can honestly say two things about it. First it presents a new and interesting way to find support and resistance. Second, it is disappointing in details. The author reverts to the sickening "trading is an art", "you need to develop a gut feel", lame excuses for not having a clearly defined trading system. Is the creative idea for finding support and resistance worth the $77? Only if you have that artistic gut feel that allows you to magically know when the idea applies and when it does not. I do not have that magic.

I have TITB and can honestly say two things about it. First it presents a new and interesting way to find support and resistance. Second, it is disappointing in details. The author reverts to the sickening "trading is an art", "you need to develop a gut feel", lame excuses for not having a clearly defined trading system. Is the creative idea for finding support and resistance worth the $77? Only if you have that artistic gut feel that allows you to magically know when the idea applies and when it does not. I do not have that magic.

Hi dpc,
It is unfortunate that you do not have the "magic" because I completely disagree with you that he portrays a "lame excuse" atall. In trading there really IS a gut feel. The gut feel comes with experience. He does not state that it is going to be a clearly defined trading system and nor should it be. "mechanical" systems simply do not work or at least the odds are almost always against you. His "buff" setups are powerful sup and res areas and also help keep you aware of the trend and when it starts to change. Re read the ebook and then just apply it to one pair to start with. I recommend the eurusd the buff setups have been working very well recently. Ive noticed more up buffs are just starting to creep in now more than before, if price can break into the 1.43s and stay there then we may have a trend change to the upside. Buffs on the 4hr and day chart are the strongest. Use 1hr all the way down to 15 min if you like, 15 min will have the weakest setups however if you get one on the 15 min and 30 min roughly in the same place then they are stronger! Make sure you practice practice practice and get an eye for spotting 123 setups, once you've achieved that you will start to know which are stronger/more affective than others The actual MM and how you close the trades is up to you. I simply move my stops into a BE position when possible and let the trades run until either my target is hit or a reversal has formed or is forming.
Please fully understand the 123 buff pattern/setup before making a judgement on it, it has helped my trading a great deal.
Kind regards
TFB

Last edited:
Looking at the current 123 buff patterns on the eurusd 4hr chart one of them was broken and another previous strong pattern with its top @ 1.4292 is being challenged again for the 3rd time, current PA indicates a possible turn in price as down buff patterns are being broken more often and new ones start forming on the same time frame (and lower time frames) in the opposite direction, we can expect price to continue rising. I use the res and sup zones to take trades that give me a higher probability of being profitable. Im not sure how much detail I can go in to about the 123 setups without getting a slap on the wrist. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me.
Kind regards
TFB

I did buy this system. One thing conspicuously missing in the manual was discussion of a stop-loss for the breakout strategy. sticks out like a sore thumb, since they discuss it for the other one. Without this, it's impossible to use, since you don't know at what point the pattern is invalidated.

Sent several emails to support about this & never got an answer. Not even an acknowledgement the email had been received. Very rude. Complained to clickbank as a "tech support" trying to get some response & they almost immediately converted it to a refund without ever answering the question.

Too bad, since it's an interesting approach. I was just looking for a straightforward answer to a simple question, which they don't seem to want to provide. System is unusable in its present form. That's all.

I did buy this system. One thing conspicuously missing in the manual was discussion of a stop-loss for the breakout strategy. sticks out like a sore thumb, since they discuss it for the other one. Without this, it's impossible to use, since you don't know at what point the pattern is invalidated.

Sent several emails to support about this & never got an answer. Not even an acknowledgement the email had been received. Very rude. Complained to clickbank as a "tech support" trying to get some response & they almost immediately converted it to a refund without ever answering the question.

Too bad, since it's an interesting approach. I was just looking for a straightforward answer to a simple question, which they don't seem to want to provide. System is unusable in its present form. That's all.

One: you don't have to buy this system, it's for free here:
http://www.tradinginthebuff.com/

Two: the ebook 'Trading in the Buff' is only 42 pages long and how to place your stop loss is described on page 36 ("Stop losses for buys: A close below the Bar No. 1 of the 1-2-3 buy pattern. Stop losses for sells: A close above the Bar No. 1 of the 1-2-3 sell pattern.") Maybe you've missed this part and maybe you're missing the point of this trading strategy all together, in which case you might wanna read some articles of Sam Seiden at the FxStreet website.

Cheers

One: you don't have to buy this system, it's for free here:
http://www.tradinginthebuff.com/

Two: the ebook 'Trading in the Buff' is only 42 pages long and how to place your stop loss is described on page 36 ("Stop losses for buys: A close below the Bar No. 1 of the 1-2-3 buy pattern. Stop losses for sells: A close above the Bar No. 1 of the 1-2-3 sell pattern.") Maybe you've missed this part and maybe you're missing the point of this trading strategy all together, in which case you might wanna read some articles of Sam Seiden at the FxStreet website.

Cheers
I know this thread is some what redundant however the answer you gave in 2015 was not correct. The question posed that you answered was to do with an expected bounce from the top of bar number 1 going either long or short inline with the trend. What was asked and had not been visited in the TITB ebook was where to place a stop if there was a break of the 123 patterns when they did not hold and you have price acceptance beyond bar number 1 either bullish or otherwise. The information and general idea is that price will continue to move in an equally distant duration to the number of horizontal lines on the grid thus giving an idea as to a potential target if price breaks. It should be noted by all who completely read the ebook that there is no real limit suggestions to any bounce from bar 1 should the price retrace to it and then reverse apart from the suggestion "get in on the lower time frame charts and exit on the higher time frame charts"
I feel that his ebook has merit and if used with sense will benefit anyone prepared to learn.