Price Action Trading

I haven't been around this thread in a while, it looks pretty dead though. How is everyone doing with price action? Anyone want to get this thread going again with me?

Yeah seems like everyone is doing their own thing. You can check out my record here at this link. I just found this site a few months ago that tracks your trades. Its kinda nice to have a record like this. Sometimes there is a glich in the equity chart and only the "1 week" view shows the correct balance.

Simple Swing | Rent a Signal

Here is a chart of the AUDUSD and a pin bar setup that I traded recently, I made some serious money off this pin bar because I let it ride until today.

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 346
Nice job, way to let your profits run! :clap:

Thanks a lot, I probably get 2 or 3 of those price action trades a month where I just let them run and trail my stop up. I have found that trading less is a lot better than trading at the frequency I was when I first started out. It takes a while to learn this, but taking a slower and longer-term view to the markets really is the best way to keep from trading emotionally.

GBPJPY daily chart. Pretty nice pin bar setup occurred last week prior to yesterday's huge explosion higher due to the BOJ intervention...

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 270
I don't like playing the cynic but if you just mention random trades, what use is that going to be to anyone? You need to give all the trades in all the markets you're following so it's interesting and readers like me can see what the strategy is. Also what is a pin bar setup? Surely it's slightly more refined than buying every candle which has that doji shape?

I'd have thought that the price action before the intervention would be telling everyone to go short, which is exactly the reason why the BoJ intervened.

Let's put some flesh on this thread.

I don't like playing the cynic but if you just mention random trades, what use is that going to be to anyone? You need to give all the trades in all the markets you're following so it's interesting and readers like me can see what the strategy is. Also what is a pin bar setup? Surely it's slightly more refined than buying every candle which has that doji shape?

I'd have thought that the price action before the intervention would be telling everyone to go short, which is exactly the reason why the BoJ intervened.

Here you are - should keep you busy for a while.
:)

Jankone M5 thread @ Forex Factory

Yet another moving average crossover system @ Forex Factory

Happy reading (y)

A pin bar setup as I have learned it from Nial Fuller can be found here:

pin bar forex trading strategy

I was just showing a trade I took in the earlier post, I don't intend on making a public journal here, but I see your point..

I addition, try here on James16 thread at FF. It's where Fuller allegedly got the idea for his method except James16 is FREE (There is a private forum but you will not need it at this stage, if ever). Good luck:)

james16 Chart Thread @ Forex Factory

I have been a member of both groups and I think they teach price action differently. There are many advocates of price action on the web, so I don't think we can really say anyone got their ideas from one specific person, price action has been taught since the 1700's when the Japanese rice traders invented candlestick trading. I just think that every educator has their own vibe, whether it's J16 or Nial, and different people connect better with different educators.

Here's my current price action trading setup. Note the simplicity; just candlestick bars and horizontal lines.

Attachments

• f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 398
So what are the lines, and how are you going to trade that, TradingKid09? You're not giving much away here.... pinbars - with or regardless of trend?

So what are the lines, and how are you going to trade that, TradingKid09? You're not giving much away here.... pinbars - with or regardless of trend?

The lines are support and resistance . Sorry, I meant to say "here's my current view of the price action", there wasn't actually setup. I try to always trade with the trend. The EURUSD has since broken lower down from its recent consolidating and trading range support.

On the timeframe I'm looking at, it changes twice a day.

I look at the daily chart mainly, which gives a much clearer view of trend. If your trend is changing twice a day then you probably need to look at higher time frames.

I am wanting to learn more about PA trading. I don't understand what exactly this actually en tales.. I have noticed the course from Nial Fuller but I also found another one by a John Templeton, trading in the buff and he also has a Price action trading course. Has anyone actually tried anything from John Templeton?

Now before anyone goes accusing me of SPAM.... I am merely asking the question as I am looking at buying one or the other.
Also is anyone currently trading using just PA and can help me learn this by recommending journals or certain threads that I could read for free. thanks

I dont know anything about those courses but i only trade price action... now, dont go accusing me of spam because I am not selling anything and the only reason i am telling you is because you have blatantly asked... but, it so happens that i publish all of my trades on a video blog that i have on my website. i have my trading plan published in a video format and all kinds of cool stuff on display for free. nothing there is going to point to a million dollar gains over night but it will show you how i have become consistently profitable trading nothing but disciplined price action...

you should check it out, i think it might answer a bunch of your questions, for free. ive totally treated it like a science experiment...

takeyourprofits.com :innocent: