Day trading the FTSE 100..Ascending triangle?

Hello here is one of my analysis as I am still new to it but I spotted this and wanted to know if I am right.... THANKS GUYS !!!!!

Attachments

• Ftse 100 ascending triangle.png
    Ftse 100 ascending triangle.png
    181.9 KB · Views: 663
Hello here is one of my analysis as I am still new to it but I spotted this and wanted to know if I am right.... THANKS GUYS !!!!!

i personally wouldn't have considered that an ascending triangle, but thats just me

Alright, why do you think so? so I can know if I am wrong..

well, an ascending triangle is generally a bullish continuation pattern, it suggests a breakout to the upside..yours doesn't resemble that at all.

are you perhaps thinking of a megaphone pattern? Even then, i'd probably have said no

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 320
This is what I meant.. yeah mine definitely does not look like the one you showed but take a look at this photo....

Attachments

• Broadening-Right-Angled-Ascending-Chart.jpg
    Broadening-Right-Angled-Ascending-Chart.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 490
This is what I meant.. yeah mine definitely does not look like the one you showed but take a look at this photo....

then yes, you meant the megaphone or broadening triangle, which is supposed to look the reverse of a symmetrical triangle
the only problem I had with your initial example, was that there was no real baseline, a clear element of support, and no expansion of the triangle
Not that im an expert and it doesn't mean it can't take any sort of form, but most of the time there are patterns you could be looking for, which aren't that obscure
also, the broadening formation ususally comes at market tops or bottoms and again in your case it would seem as though the top had already come in
just my observation of course

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 404