Day trading strategies!!

HeeraThakur

Anyone interested in talking about different trading strategies that you use that are profitable for you. I'm willing to share mine. Just curious to find how other traders approach the market and possibly find other strategies to add to my toolbox. To all the trolls, don't respond that your not going to give away your "holy grail" strategy! I just want to have a good discussion where we can all profit from the topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. I don't normally trade intra-day but I was interested in this Youtube forex "scalping" strategy - its simple, TA-based, rational, objective, based on longer time-frame trend-following - all things I like. I think it looks good, I'd be happy to see others comment on it -

I'm running a trial of this strategy on a selection of the major forex pairs and results are promising this time. I'm using a simple trailing stop-loss from the entry, and no TP, otherwise I'm following the recipe.

An annoying issue is that I can't see any key to tell me a particular day is going to be a bust. So it either makes money or it loses money but nothing apart from the trade outcomes tells me which it is. I have found that if I have run up a total loss equivalent to 3 x initial trade risk I can rarely trade back to b/e on the day, so better to stop for the day.

Welcome. I don't normally trade intra-day but I was interested in this Youtube forex "scalping" strategy - its simple, TA-based, rational, objective, based on longer time-frame trend-following - all things I like. I think it looks good, I'd be happy to see others comment on it -

Works under trending conditions but is prone to rip saws in flat times , this is the same as the dude from italy Andrew that pops up all over youtube "Absolutely Yes guys". Good start.

I use a Ichimku cloud break on a hour chart , price must be under 50MA short above long , stop other side of cloud 1:1 P&L min or to nearest S&R line

I'm running a trial of this strategy on a selection of the major forex pairs and results are promising this time. I'm using a simple trailing stop-loss from the entry, and no TP, otherwise I'm following the recipe.

An annoying issue is that I can't see any key to tell me a particular day is going to be a bust. So it either makes money or it loses money but nothing apart from the trade outcomes tells me which it is. I have found that if I have run up a total loss equivalent to 3 x initial trade risk I can rarely trade back to b/e on the day, so better to stop for the day.

Try this one

I understand people who don't use any indicators. If you think about it, indicators signals are based on the previous information and indicator predicts trend only using info about previous market situation. That's why indicators may unforeseen unexpected market changes. If you want to make significant profits, you shouldn't rely on typical algorithms. And of course, someone may say that there huge investment funds that use algorithms, but they develop much more complicated mathematical systems and don't share them with others.
True enough.
But even Sup and Res concepts are based on finding areas of interest from previous Highs and Lows.
And candle patterns are looking for future instances of something that happened previously, and you anticipate a similar outcome, whether it be engulfing bars, Pin-bars, etc.
I concede algos are one-step removed from the charts.

Do

U think we ourselves could successfully scalp evey time