Day Trading Investing

robertbanking

Hello you wonderful and very kind people. I do hope your day is going well so far.

I have been researching alot into day trading, after experimenting for a while with swing trading. Does anyone kindly know how this differs from swing trading and an example of how day trading works please? Is it similar to swing trading, however the position is usually closed within the day please? I would be grateful for any advice on this please.

Thank you very much for any support you can give. Sending you lots of good wishes.

Hello i do hope you are doing well, if anyone kindly had any thoughts on the above i would be forever grateful. I know you will be very busy but any information would be appreciated please. Thank you very much.

It depends on your train of thought. I'm of the opinion that price acts the same but at different speeds on various time frames. So you can certainly swing trade during the day over the whole of it or even intraday.

Trading is not investing. With investing.. .

“The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.”

Warren Buffett - Letter to Shareholders 1989.

While for day trading market exposure, depending on your strategy, but in general is bad. Day trading is based on technical analysis so you want to trade that price action as long as you can without the risk of the stock or the market throwing a curve ball at you.

For example, which is quite popular in small caps are offerings. These secondary offerings can tank a stock 50%+ as soon as the news pops out. As a trader you want to get in, ride a trend and get out! Also the longer you trade the more fatigued you are. Think about being in a classroom for 2+ hours. It’s hard to take in new info at some point. I personally limit my trading to 3 hours per day.

Today for example I overstayed my welcome and turned a green day into a red one. I was exposing myself to a weak stock and weak market too long and I knew it. Still sometimes we need that reminder.

Good luck on your journey! Keep asking lots of questions.