Swing Trading

For sectors, even the Free version of Trade Ideas is worth looking at:

"Momentum Trading"" is where you get into what's doing well, right? Sure, fine, but for me it's a quick grab and go because they often hit a brick wall! You could use MARA,COIN, BTC, RIOT, HUT8. I am, but I'm using tight stop-losses.

Thank you very much for your response 1nvest, you remind me of a best friend, who would pull me up if they didn't like my dress code or something else about me. I really appreciate you raising your concerns, that was probably one of the most important things i need to work on, mastering one discipline.

The course i went on learned me about lots of indicators, like MACD, candlesticks, in the hope i would have a better understanding of trading but i think this confused things further. The reason for going down swing trading, rather than for instance day trading, was it would allow me to do this part time, without requiring too much effort like day trading requires. The reason i believe for failing at swing trading, is i possibly saw candlesticks like reversal indicators, but the full criteria was not met for that candlestick and i overly complicated things. My strategy was not consistent either. I am going to make a New Years resolution to master Momentum trading, learn everything about this and stop overcomplicating things and apply the knowledge sooner.

What you said in your last post was an eye opener, thanks for being so honest with me. You are more than amazing, you are a wonderful human being. Its difficult when you are new to trading and i apologise again i have made some mistakes, you have rightly raised these concerns and i thank you from the bottom of my heart. I believed learning as much as i could about trading would help, but thats not the case, its made things alot worse.

Can i kindly ask please for the Sector ETF strategy would you use the Aroon strategy please, and what would the Rate of Change need to be please to confirm an uptrend? Regarding Novo Nordisk after a 52 week high is reached, what level of reversal would you buy more of this stock and would you use the Aroon strategy for this please? If you kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me and hopefully set me on the right path and from there i will kindly read up on things to practise my skills.

I have ordered a book on Momentum trading and will read everything i can about this, but most importantly i will practise these strategy's every week in a demo account. Thanks for your support you are a star 1nvest, not many people on a forum would be as amazing as you and i thank you again. Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and i hope your trading strategy helps you achieve massive success. I very much hope you have lots of health, wealth and happiness into 2024. Very best wishes to you and take care.

Can i kindly ask please for the Sector ETF strategy would you use the Aroon strategy please, and what would the Rate of Change need to be please to confirm an uptrend? Regarding Novo Nordisk after a 52 week high is reached, what level of reversal would you buy more of this stock and would you use the Aroon strategy for this please? If you kindly had any thoughts on this i would be forever grateful and thankful it would mean the world to me and hopefully set me on the right path and from there i will kindly read up on things to practise my skills.
Hi Robert, I've just sent a document to you which details one of the momentum strategies I use which is investing in the top performing sectors.
Im happy to go through with you for the first few trades so that you get an idea of how this works, the indicator we need and if we need to amend the risk profile for you. As time progresses, then we can add to the list of strategies such as the individual stocks strategy rather than sector which adds to the returns significantly.
You will in time realise that you dont need a screener. You also dont need any specific software, all charting packages will have the annualised rate of change. You just need a diverse list of assets that are correlated, but not so identical as you lose value over time. In fact the more assets available erodes the strategy significantly so we avoid that mistake.
all the best to you