Day Trading Firms in the UK

JPtheGuy

2 0
Day Trading Firms in the UK?

Does anybody know of any day trading firms in the UK? i currently trade for a living in New York at a proprietary firm on wall st. and am hoping to move to london later this year.
i'd like to continue trading the NYSE from over there but so far have been unable to find any trading firms at all.

anybody know where i might find one?

Mr. Charts

Legendary member
7,370 1,194
Why do you need a day trading firm? Why not trade from your own office and computers and avoid paying someone else. If you think it's a hard commute into Manhattan in the morning you ain't seen London's version ;-)
I trade NYSE and Nasdaq from home for a living. You only need a DSL line or even a modem.
How can you give up pretzels and KKD's donuts to come here? !!

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
There was a centre in Cannon Street, in the City of London. I believe it was InvestIn Securities, who operated through www.exptrader.co.uk - but looking at their website it appears that the London centre doesn't exist anymore.

In the UK we don't appear to have prop firms, although this seems to be the norm in the US.

fillyerboots

94 0
Try Interactive Brokers, they're a US firm but have offices in London.

NYSE 1 cent per share (0.5 cents >500 shares), fast executions too. Their help desk is in Switzerland but the people in their London office were helpful.

fillyerboots

94 0
All the London daytrading firms offer primarily futures. A high percentage of these guys are ex Liffe locals trading fixed income futures, bunds, bobl, schatz, euribor, sterling and gilts. TFS blackwood have a Nasdaq day trading operation £40K down and 2k a month for the privilige of their company.

Naz

Experienced member
1,391 24
I traded at Investin,visited them at the very start, traded there and did the training until they went back to the US, i still trade an account with them.

Its great working with other like minded people in a scalping environment.However if your style of trading changes then its maybe best to trade somewhere else.

shoee62

4 0
Hi JptheGuy, I have a friend who trades through a firm of ex LIFFE locals, there are around 100 of them in an office. Mostly trade spreads on bonds and index futures, details below.
Think they pay about £1600pm for desk, quotes and trading platform and £1.20 RT tops

Schneider Trading Associates Ltd.
(Clearing through GNI Ltd.)
Jeremy Brown

E-mail: [email protected]

Oliver Schneider

E-mail: [email protected]

One Whittington Avenue
London EC3V 1LE

Tel: +44 (0)20 7664 4200
Fax: +44 (0)20 7664 4333

another one is Kyte Futures, info in Google for them

Last edited:

chesstrader

8 0
It depends. When you work at home and you have a wife or a girlfriend it's very disturbing. People don't think you are working, it's like you are unemployed.
So it could be good to work in an office with other traders

Reagrds

Halo

136 0
Hello.
Mr Yankee, it looks as if through these boards you may even find a few people to start one up with you.

Has anyone got any input on what the benefits/costs are for using one of these trading arcades..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock