Day Trading and Your Life.

malaspina

114 1
Taken from my home page:

Many moons ago, in my firsts days of trading I found myself reading many topics about playing the markets, I always found these two; Support and resistance. Nowadays, the internet is full of material about how to trade off support and resistance levels, if fact, many of you know by now a lot about it. BUT, how well we, the general public, can really play those areas of money power. I have an observation that has been seen all over and over again in the trading world, no matter what you trade, oil, gold, corn or stocks, the key is always there and it is called volume.

In the next chart I will leave at your interpretation how volume define those key levels and how we should place our trades around those areas. Please, drop me any ideas based on your interpretation.

Hoggums

2,175 877
It´s all about VOLUME and his friend named “PRICE”.

Yes, that is a clear statement. The market move, yes it does, but it needs gas to move, where do you think that gas come from ?. Well, I can assure you is not coming from retail orders. When the market moves is because the BIG BOYS (Banks, Investment Houses and Big Broker Houses) are buying or selling in huge quantities. All that action creates big volume and you can see that volume very clear in your computer screen. Well, you need a trained eye to detect it, but once you have the practice, you can read the market volume as if you were reading the newspaper. Now, it is your skill as a trader that will help you to make money following the trend that is pushed by big institutional volume.

Please, I BEG YOU, do not be fooled by those GURUS who talk about using magical technical indicators, I have seen novice traders using like 10 indicators at the same time, IT IS CRAZY!!. Please follow my advice, do not do that. You have to keep your trading strategy as simple as possible. Price, Volume, and trend lines is all you need to trade any market.

If you want to learn how to trade and to make money, please follow the advice above, in time you will know that I am writing the truth here.

Until next time.
This is the most uneducated drivel I have read in a long time.

I have seen markets swing wildly on tiny volumes, Markets move when sellers or buyers match the last orders at a particular price and you can no longer get a trade at that price. This can be done on low volumes or high volumes.

Reactions: DionysusToast

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,961 1,497
Sorry guys - but I called 'drivel' on this way back.

Thus far, nothing has been said on here but "I have a website"

DionysusToast

Legendary member
5,961 1,497
What I see here is a chart that over an 8 hour period you have managed to draw 14 horizontal lines.

The chances of a bar with a higher than average volume intersecting one of these lines is obviously high for no reason other than the fact that there's very little chance of any bar not hitting a line.

Why not actually give something substantive on volume analysis.

malaspina

114 1
This is the most uneducated drivel I have read in a long time.

I have seen markets swing wildly on tiny volumes, Markets move when sellers or buyers match the last orders at a particular price and you can no longer get a trade at that price. This can be done on low volumes or high volumes.
Mr. Hoggums, With your opinion your have shown to the public that you are the most uneducated mind on earth.

malaspina

114 1
What I see here is a chart that over an 8 hour period you have managed to draw 14 horizontal lines.

The chances of a bar with a higher than average volume intersecting one of these lines is obviously high for no reason other than the fact that there's very little chance of any bar not hitting a line.

Mr. DionysusToast, please look closer and think a little bit, use your brain.

malaspina

114 1

By the way, Mr. DionysusToast, I know you can do better, but there is something blocking your visual range, open your mind a little, if you do, some day you will be able to understand and trade better. You have to OPEN your mind.

malaspina

114 1
For those who do not believe in volume and price structure relationship, look at the chart below, there are many trading opportunities, of course you can spot those if you have an open mind and you are willing to learn about the real deal behind day trading. Again, price structure and volume analysis is all you need.

Attachments

malaspina

114 1
You have a chart with price and volume on it, you can see the move, it is late for you to enter, it is the open of a trading day, the price goes away from your entry zone, there is no time, the move is too fast, suddenly you can see a tremendous increase of over average volume, you think this is the beginning of a move and it is a good time to enter. Think again, you are wrong.

I have seen this picture over and over again, never enter the market on an explosion of volume, it is too late, the party is almost over. That is one of the reason I say you must study volume and price structure to see what is about to happen, many people have lost hundreds of dollars playing the markets, one thing they have in common, they never look at volume. It takes time to learn how to understand the language of volume, once you do, a world of opportunity opens to you.

Last edited by a moderator: