Day Trading and Your Life.

Look what happened after I called the double bottom trade this morning, this was a real time trade. I won´t go into the details of my entry and exit, I just want you to look at the chart to see how volume and price can help you to identify trades before it is too late and how to profit from these clues to enter the market before the party is over. Please look at the chart and take some notes.

double2png.png

Hi DT,

I had an earlier thread that was moved to another section. Anyhow, it had a question about volume that perhaps you can answer. In the US, volume executed in ATS such as dark pools are required to be reported to the Trade Reporting Facility (TRF) within 90 seconds. I have seen estimates of total dark pool volume being somewhere around 10-15% of the total market volume. But on most days, TRF volume is around 30%. So where are the remaining ATS trades coming from?

I'm just an ordinary retail trader trying to absorb all the knowledge and it would really be useful to know where that liquidity is.

Thanks for your help.

PS.: I also had a second question that dealt with different market makers in the US - Citadel, ATD, UBS. Do you know anyone on this forum who may be able to help me with the details? Someone with extensive experience scalping or doing high frequency trading perhaps.

I really don't know the answer - but would be very interested to know what you find.

I almost fall sleep day trading today. What a boring day. This is one aspect of day trading you should consider. Day trading can become very boring. In my case, I do not over trade, I only make from one to two trades a day, that is all I do, most of the time I only make one trade a day, but sometimes, like today, I don´t do anything during all day. I know, this is easier said than done, but it is the best you can do if you do not see a good price structure to trade with a good edge, I prefer to get bored and keep my money. Some people scalp and try to make a profit from very small moves but that is not me. Remember, this is my personal experience that I am sharing with you, some people may have a different opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I am writing today to wish all the forum a happy Christmas, I wish the best for you and your families.

I won´t be trading again until the volume on NQ gets back to normal levels. Anyway, this is a good time off the markets.

Family united best time ever.

Take care.

Here is another example of price structure... (taken from my homepage).

2010-10-29-tos_charts.png

are you taking the pyss ?
you're trying to claim that volumes of 3 or 4 thousand lots per 5 minute slot have any significance ????

This has to be one of the worst, most abysmal threads I have ever read !

are you taking the pyss ?
you're trying to claim that volumes of 3 or 4 thousand lots per 5 minute slot have any significance ????

This has to be one of the worst, most abysmal threads I have ever read !

Yes, 5 minute slot have a lot of significance if you know what you are doing. It is funny how certain people don´t want to let the gerenal public to know the real deal behind short term trading.

I wish you happy holidays.

Take care.

Hey Malaspina,

Since my last post to your thread I have put some research into the topic of volume and I have to say I probably won't trade without it again! Before, I told you that I couldn't see any logic in volume it seemed to be random but at this point in my learning curve I can say it doesn't look random to me anymore! And it helped me to improve my strategy that I was using before. The reason why people are probably a little bit hostily against you is because you show a lot of charts (which is very good) without the background information, where to look for, why do that kind of thing occur, that way people don't know where to look for on your charts!

But keep up the good job because if you know the advantage of using volume and the price spreads in your trading a whole new world opens up!!!

Happy holidays!

Hey Malaspina,

Since my last post to your thread I have put some research into the topic of volume and I have to say I probably won't trade without it again! Before, I told you that I couldn't see any logic in volume it seemed to be random but at this point in my learning curve I can say it doesn't look random to me anymore! And it helped me to improve my strategy that I was using before. The reason why people are probably a little bit hostily against you is because you show a lot of charts (which is very good) without the background information, where to look for, why do that kind of thing occur, that way people don't know where to look for on your charts!

But keep up the good job because if you know the advantage of using volume and the price spreads in your trading a whole new world opens up!!!

Happy holidays!

Hi EmotionIsTheBigEvel,

Yes, volume and price show a whole new world to your trading if you know how to use it and what to look for, once you learn how to understand their language you won’t use any indicators anymore and your trading will become simpler and easier.

I do not like to show in my charts the whole deal because I want people to research, I just send them clues and this will spark ideas in peoples minds and they will learn doing. In this way they will never forget how useful volume and price are and also they will discover themselves and will make their own trading strategy, that is the idea.

Happy holidays!!!.

Yes, 5 minute slot have a lot of significance if you know what you are doing. It is funny how certain people don´t want to let the gerenal public to know the real deal behind short term trading.

I wish you happy holidays.

Take care.

Read carefully.
i didn't say 5 minute slots don't have significance.
I said your examples of low volume in those 5 minute slots on your charts have no significance.
In fact, while not disputing your general premise, I challenge that your examples are shyte, and serve nothing in backing up your stated methodology.

Read carefully.
I said your examples of low volume in those 5 minute slots on your charts have no significance.
In fact, while not disputing your general premise, I challenge that your examples are shyte, and serve nothing in backing up your stated methodology.

Hello rathcoole_exile,

I hope you are having a great holiday.

I have a trading system that I won’t sell or publish it out open to the public. My intention here is to let the people know about my core concepts of my trading methodology so other people can create their own.

I hope I could help you too.

Take care.

Read carefully.

By the way, here is a tip for you. Learn about price structure, read, study it. In time you will agree with me. Price structure should be the core of any trading methodology.

See you around.

what holiday would that be, smart=@rse ?

I live in a Buddhist country

Once you learn how to live you will trade better. You need to educate yourself to get your mind out off the shadows, once you abandon your ignorance you will trade better.

Take care and have a life.

By the way, here is a tip for you. Learn about price structure, read, study it. In time you will agree with me. Price structure should be the core of any trading methodology.

See you around.

Support\resistance whips price structures @ss hands down

Waiting for more volume.

Volume, this is one of your more precious indicators, never trade if you see that your daily volume is way below it´s average. This is exactly what is happening during these past days. The NQ volume is low and this is not a good environment to day trade. Please, wait patiently for the volume to come back to average levels before placing your bets. In a low volume environment the market tends to be harder to trade so it is better to wait to protect your vital trading capital.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a load of bollox.

low volume = consolidation = set resting Buy Stop and Sell Stop entries = go to pub completely relaxed = come back home to see which trade was triggered = see how much money you made = rinse & repeat

indicators. what a crock of shyte