Day traders making 50+% returns per month lets talk money managment

Sorry im too busy during the day to post trades.

I can post my results at the end if im talking to productive individuals whos intent isnt just to catch me out or see if im lieing?

You will have no-one believing you because all the results are trades are posted at the end of the day. Anyone can get a 100% win rate doing that.:LOL:
If you think that we are as dumb as you are and that we believe all your tosh, then you really are a not very smart at all.

Place your trades (in advance) here where they can be seen and verified, otherwise you are yanking the dick of everyone here in an attempt to sell them some bullsh*t system.

You will have no-one believing you because all the results are trades are posted at the end of the day. Anyone can get a 100% win rate doing that.:LOL:
If you think that we are as dumb as you are and that we believe all your tosh, then you really are a not very smart at all.

Place your trades (in advance) here where they can be seen and verified, otherwise you are yanking the dick of everyone here in an attempt to sell them some bullsh*t system.

I disagree (not that I'm that interested or it's any of my business) If he posts up charts as close to the exit as he can manage, say a minute or two after closing the trade, clearly showing entry, exit, pip gain/lost, and it's from a platform that several of us know then it's verifiable in my book..Again, not that I'm that interested, but live calls without the underpinning strategy explained, are a waste of time imho. I'd rather see a chart + a bit of commentary...Just my 2 cents..not sure if he's a vendor, privateer, just wants some help/direction/steering..

I disagree (not that I'm that interested or it's any of my business) If he posts up charts as close to the exit as he can manage, say a minute or two after closing the trade, clearly showing entry, exit, pip gain/lost, and it's from a platform that several of us know then it's verifiable in my book...

Anyone can give a reason for taking a trade AFTER they know the result. Anyone can get a 100% win rate doing that. :LOL:

live calls without the underpinning strategy explained, are a waste of time imho. I'd rather see a chart + a bit of commentary....

Live calls with underpinning strategy BEFORE the trade is the best answer. It cuts out all the BS.
IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, THEN YOU ARE NOT A REAL TRADER.

Last edited:

im not selling anything .....:sneaky:

When I said i will post trades end of day...I meant my results when i start trading live :sneaky:................DOPE

I disagree (not that I'm that interested or it's any of my business) If he posts up charts as close to the exit as he can manage, say a minute or two after closing the trade, clearly showing entry, exit, pip gain/lost, and it's from a platform that several of us know then it's verifiable in my book..Again, not that I'm that interested, but live calls without the underpinning strategy explained, are a waste of time imho. I'd rather see a chart + a bit of commentary...Just my 2 cents..not sure if he's a vendor, privateer, just wants some help/direction/steering..

I DONT WANT ANYTHING

Your point was very valid!.....and i will do exactly that once i start trading!

SIMPLY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES

Anyone can give a reason for taking a trade AFTER they know the result. Anyone can get a 100% win rate doing that. :LOL:

Live calls with underpinning strategy BEFORE the trade is the best answer. It cuts out all the BS.

Post your trades and underpinning strategy BEFORE each trade and we can all check your 50%+ returns for each month.

hello,
IMHO, 30 days backtesting is of no value whatsoever. It doesn't take into account recent (unexpected) variation that could have occurred this month, never mind the expected seasonal variation (i.e. over the year). Personally I'd want 3 years of backtesting to begin having confidence in a strategy.

However, I must admit at the moment I only have 1 year's worth of data, so I know my own 1-year -backtested strategy (that is *okay* but not great) is really me skating on thin ice.

Ideally though... I want 30 years of data for backtesting, because I'd like to see how my strategy works (on average) through all the various booms and busts that have occured.

Regarding the 18-losses-in-a-row... It is worth remembering that if your strategy is in fact only as good as a coin flip, then the probability of getting 18-losses is equal to getting 18-wins, or in fact, any series of 18 wins/losses that you care to mention.

Therefore, if you say that your strategy is likely to win because you would need 18-losses in a row to fail (at any time), then you have circular logic. I'm afraid I need to go back and look at your strategy again, but just now I'm thinking... is your strategy based on (basically) a Martingale system? Because that might be very bad.

I do hope it goes well for you though, and that you are right about your strategy :)

best wishes
Joel

Last edited:
THANK YOU

I have often stopped myself posting because i would rather focus on my strategies...I have one now and wanted to talk to people of similar mould....instead i get haters who have to be taught that the impossible is possible....

Hi,
I don't hate you because I'm new here. Even if I were here a long time, I don't hate people. I've read back over several pages and personally, IMHO, I think people are being very hard on you.

A statement from a newbie here: You scare the dickens out of me when I see posts like this, so I will bypass this forum. Sarcasm and superiority are not my cup of tea and I really didn't expect this.

Spirit Being, I would be very interested in hearing about your strategy so please feel free to contact me. I have an open mind. I have been trading for about 6 months now and I'm just pretty much breaking even.

take care all of you and good luck. but I won't be back to this forum for fear of getting verbally slapped around.

Nobody answered my question about who would be counterparty to a trader making > 50% per month.

It's pure schoolboy fantasy; Starting with 1K you'd have over 2 billion in 3 years.

1000 x 1.5^36 = 2,184,164,409

Anyone who thinks this is possible is thick. Yet this guy is claiming this as a minimum return.:whistling

Nobody answered my question about who would be counterparty to a trader making > 50% per month.

It's pure schoolboy fantasy; Starting with 1K you'd have over 2 billion in 3 years.

Anyone who thinks this is possible is thick. Yet this guy is claiming this as a minimum return.:whistling

The guy has Excel, or something similar, and spends time number bashing. Everyone has done it, I know that I have, but I hesitate to be imprudent enough to publish my findings on T2W! :LOL:

Your calculations assume compounding. That simply isn't a feasible assumption for day traders, especially those practicing full-time. Also, don't forget about liquidity concerns.

The very few day traders in the world who are able to accomplish such returns (yes, there are a few) usually withdraw all their profits. Finally, as they gain more and more experience, they DON'T increase their position size beyond a reasonable amount.

So, extending the OPs returns to a compounding frame of thought is useless and a waste of time.

Post your trades and underpinning strategy BEFORE each trade and we can all check your 50%+ returns for each month.

You are correct and I could do this....HOWEVER

IM NOT TRYING TO TO PROVE ANYTHING......Me trying to prove things will not change the outcome :sleep:

hello,
IMHO, 30 days backtesting is of no value whatsoever. It doesn't take into account recent (unexpected) variation that could have occurred this month, never mind the expected seasonal variation (i.e. over the year). Personally I'd want 3 years of backtesting to begin having confidence in a strategy.

However, I must admit at the moment I only have 1 year's worth of data, so I know my own 1-year -backtested strategy (that is *okay* but not great) is really me skating on thin ice.

Ideally though... I want 30 years of data for backtesting, because I'd like to see how my strategy works (on average) through all the various booms and busts that have occured.

Regarding the 18-losses-in-a-row... It is worth remembering that if your strategy is in fact only as good as a coin flip, then the probability of getting 18-losses is equal to getting 18-wins, or in fact, any series of 18 wins/losses that you care to mention.

Therefore, if you say that your strategy is likely to win because you would need 18-losses in a row to fail (at any time), then you have circular logic. I'm afraid I need to go back and look at your strategy again, but just now I'm thinking... is your strategy based on (basically) a Martingale system? Because that might be very bad.

I do hope it goes well for you though, and that you are right about your strategy :)

best wishes
Joel

LOL....Martingale...ARE YOU CRAZY...lol..never!

Its not that my strategy is as good as a coin flip......IN FACT ITS WORSE!

I was just making the point that at any time the price has a 50/50 chance of going a certain direction at any moment.....

Only I know the true validity of my strategy and like i said to the haters on here...Im not trying to prove anything to anyone....I just wanted productive conversation

I appreciate the manner and tone of your post!(y):)(y)

How do you approach the market....?

There are famous traders who generate huge returns on a regular basis...the only difference between them and everyone else is what they believe....

See, this is the real secret of trading and untold riches. It's not about method, skill, exerience or any of those minor and generally unimportasnt factors.

Instead, it's ALL about belief, believe you can do it and you'll be rich :cheesy:

Anyone who uses the term 'haters' better be 16 years old or under and have no brain/thoughts thanks to watching too much MTV, or they must be American.

Otherwise it's a pathetic term and makes you sound like moron.

Your calculations assume compounding. That simply isn't a feasible assumption for day traders, especially those practicing full-time. Also, don't forget about liquidity concerns.

The very few day traders in the world who are able to accomplish such returns (yes, there are a few) usually withdraw all their profits. Finally, as they gain more and more experience, they DON'T increase their position size beyond a reasonable amount.

So, extending the OPs returns to a compounding frame of thought is useless and a waste of time.

exactly

I made 100% in a day once, trading my normal strategy (trade news) :LOL:

Your calculations assume compounding.

The OP assumes compounding. He was asking for people making 50% on a consitent basis. Like you said there wouldn't be enough liquidity after awhile, which is what I already said.

LOL....Martingale...ARE YOU CRAZY...lol..never!

Only I know the true validity of my strategy and like i said to the haters on here...Im not trying to prove anything to anyone....I just wanted productive conversation

How do you approach the market....?

Glad to hear it's not a Martingale :)

How do I approach the market? Answer: with much trepidation! :eek:

Actually, my recent thoughts have been a somewhat analogous to yours, that is, recently I have been thinking that perhaps a simple risk-management strategy could work.

I have yet to look into that though, as, for the moment I'm already trying out a rather strange idea that I came up with that looks promising :whistling. (But if this weird idea works out, then the first thing I will do is to see how much it can be improved by using stricter risk-management principles.)

I also realised that you too see the power of compounding 'interest' as being of great importance. For this reason my 'general approach' is also be to refine my strategies to be as short term as possible, so that I can then compound as fast as possible. I'm not expecting anything like 50% a month though...if I managed to get 50% a year then I'd be very pleased. To be honest though, right now I'm looking at a potential (read: hoped-for) 200-300% per annum...and I'm thinking it's probably too good to be true :(.

Overall, I'd say our approach is hardly different. But I've not proved that it will work yet.

Having said all that, I'm only a newbie in terms of real market activity (mostly doing trading a little over the last 12 months) :eek: , but have been investigating trading (and other related stuff) increasingly over the last 10 years. I'm ultra-cautious, as you may already realise :LOL:

BTW, PM me if you need data for backtesting and I may be able to help.

take care :)

Last edited: