Day traders making 50+% returns per month lets talk money managment

This image is for

joelj

Attachments

• gold t2w 2.GIF
    gold t2w 2.GIF
    50.8 KB · Views: 226
The OP never assumed compounding. Furthermore, consistent profitable trading never extends into a compounding framework - neither for day traders, position traders, or swing traders. You'd be an idiot if all you did was continuously reinvest all your profits.

My point is simple: after years of trading, there are a few day traders out there who can achieve such gains. However, they usually take out all of their profits and therefore, cannot reinvest into the markets. Thus, your compounding argument falls apart.

Incidentally, on this note, not too long ago I started another account with the specific aim of never withdrawing. It still has to pay comission and half my fixed costs, but it's certainly making over 100% a year annualised...

Ok, so 120 posts in, and nothing from Spirit Being on money management (supposedly the theme of this thread) let alone trading.

SB - can you cut to the chase and sell us all your course now rather than waste another 100 posts on this nonsense? Ta.

LOL...im not selling nothing :cool:

I wouldnt even if i could... i think its wrong to sell an approach to another trader

Its not beneficial for him in the long run!!!!!.....i would rather sell the ingredients for an approach.....IT HAS MUCH MORE VALUE IMO :smart:

Looks good :) Now you just have to keep it up...indefinitely!!!

I'm not a chart person myself... although if you did get your 50% pcm then no doubt my ears would prick up ;)

rootin for ya

cheers pal :)

I have attached another chart showing you how the trade is panning out!

The black line is where my stop loss is currently placed. and the green arrow is where i want it to go:p and lock in more profit

Either way....in the Red box you can sort of see another pattern form and i would trade this to the downside!

Attachments

• gold t2w 3.GIF
    gold t2w 3.GIF
    41.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
SpiritBeing I'm not a "hater" but you must be a bit of a fool.

You have started this thread with not a lot of substance and dribbled on for all these pages and still not produced anything of any value yet.

Surely you could have approached things a bit differently here and maybe gained some respect while doing it?

Good luck with the trade. At least, you've stuck your neck out which is always admireable.

SpiritBeing I'm not a "hater" but you must be a bit of a fool.

You have started this thread with not a lot of substance and dribbled on for all these pages and still not produced anything of any value yet.

Surely you could have approached things a bit differently here and maybe gained some respect while doing it?

ME A FOOL...thats you opinion and your entitled to that.....

However i was not on here to fend off jabs but i guess thats what i have ended up doing ....but i have NOT thrown any punches myself.

In regards to repect.....earning the respect of people i have never seen, met, or will probably never meet, doesnt bother me........Plus they are judging me for no good reason......If they think im so crazy.....Pay me no attention!!!!!...dont cry because i know (believe) i can do what others cant......

PEOPLE USED TO SAY THE 4 MINUTE MILE WAS IMPOSSIBLE(n).....how wrong were those guys!

Last edited:
er, it is, unless you're on a bicycle.

Are you applying the same rigour to your returns profile as to your researching of athletic prowess ;)

lol...everybody makes mistakes lol....ALL CREDABLITY GONE NOW...if i had any in the first place(y)

ANYWAYS....YOU GET MY POINT!

:clap: I'm different, I can’t base what I'm gonna be off a what everybody isn’t :clap:
Jay-Z ("So Ambitious", BluePrint3)

this is just one of many trades i took today.....This particular trade won 46 pips

my win ratio today was about 30% today

Blah blah blah

You will have no-one believing you because all the results are trades posted at the END of the day. Anyone can get a 100% win rate doing that.:LOL:

Post your trades and underpinning strategy BEFORE each trade and we can all check your real results.

IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, THEN YOU ARE NOT A REAL TRADER.

Blah blah blah

You will have no-one believing you because all the results are trades posted at the END of the day. Anyone can get a 100% win rate doing that.:LOL:

Post your trades and underpinning strategy BEFORE each trade and we can all check your real results.

IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, THEN YOU ARE NOT A REAL TRADER.

please be quiet....please.

Or at ask something positive....i was responding to a comment.

plus donut :eek:!...... my win ratio was 30%...so what does that mean?.....I LOST.

No one is claiming 100% success. Please read the thread thouroughly, then you would see that 46pips means nothing. If you absorbed the information written on the blog correctly and had a reasonable understanding of money management and intuition; You would be able to reasonably conclude that a 46 pip winner isnt anything significant with the technique i trade!

Since i said my win ration today was 30% then like i said........if you digested the info intelligently you would probably conclude that this win would probably simply cover my recent loses during the trading day(which it did)...... My strategy is here to capture big moves(100+), intraday trends.

I hope you will stop now.:!:

So was the first guy to run the 2 minute mile the same guy that did the 50% a month? Next thing you'll be telling us you know the secrets to forex trading (the ones the professionals dont want you to know).

So was the first guy to run the 2 minute mile the same guy that did the 50% a month? Next thing you'll be telling us you know the secrets to forex trading (the ones the professionals dont want you to know).

yes yes...slip up.!

i pressed the incorrect key on my keyboard...if you chose to mistake this for ignorance then thats your choice.

yes yes...slip up.!

i pressed the incorrect key on my keyboard...if you chose to mistake this for ignorance then thats your choice.

I think the 2 minute mile is about as realistic as the 50%. Maybe you pressed the wrong key and actually meant 5%.

This thread just highlights the shame of things here on t2w. 139 posts of complete nonsense with members coming out of the woodwork to post, yet a thread with a good topic or relevant information barely gets 20 posts.

Peter