Dax

Guten Morgen

Today it should be straightforward in so far as we are 85pts away from obvious rez of last weeks lows - and it would need a fantastic day to come anywhere close that that level.

I think we'll break 310/11 but after that I'm unclear.......38.2% is around 343ish but that seems a bit of a stretch........

Strategically it seems all about a test of the 366ish-375ish but we have had enough days down to resume the trend. I'm not saying we will but it would not surprise me....

Yesterday was okay catching 1-1/2 swings in the range nerves wouldn't permit any more!

All The Best

Hook Shot

Ps. For completeness a break of Tuesday's 6248 strongly suggests a test of the mammoth 6200 zone.. yep it's obvious but I left it out accidentally.

Last edited:
(see Chart) RSI no longer oversold, areas in circles congestion, maybe setting up for move down to test 6200; short here with 6330 stop (cash)

Attachments

• dax 30 mins.JPG
    dax 30 mins.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 284
catracho said:
(see Chart) RSI no longer oversold, areas in circles congestion, maybe setting up for move down to test 6200; short here with 6330 stop (cash)

I'm looking for a small upmove, perhaps up to 6350 before plummeting down further.
But as TA doesn't have any predictive value, I'll trade whatsever in front of me :)

Blockbuster day so far giving us a sniff of a short as we move stoutly towards Rez...
That would be my only Dx trade as decided not to go long this morning (perhaps a mistake) but that's history ......... anyway another potential opportunity is setting up so lets go!

HS

The gap up open and high demand below 19 in the morning session made for surprisingly bullish afternoon. Sadly I ditched my call just before lunch when the US kicked off the trend.

Looks like a move to retake the centreground, so I'm expect a small rise to 400 area tomorrow, then either reversal or up and follow the centreline.

Attachments

• dailydax.JPG
    dailydax.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Spot on DDT .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now then, GOOD Day in the pits, and we have a horrible technical picture short term with big 250 pts down draft then 150pt rally which fails on the SECOND day. Not a bullish sign and smacks of a counter trend with more down side to come..........

MY CHEEKY PLAY
However, with us being only 50pts above the lows and the index still in good shape strategically....... be on guard for a bounce at Dax 300 ........ it might be minor it might be another assault on 6400.... we don't know. But the US market has not folded (yet) and this means the Dax could hang on in and try a Friday comeback. The risk.... using out of hours pricing is pretty low as we are close to day lows and not that far above lows of the week.

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS CAST IRON TRADE .........just a potential opportunity if we don't go down the plug hole as many suspect.

Make no mistake though the bounce of 6250 has hallmarks of counter trend with today's failed rally... nevertheless...... there might be a cheeky scalper if you are not wedded to the idea of lower prices.

Hope everyone had a great day Vol is back with a vengeance!!!!!

HS

Looks a good call Hooky. A higher low on the Dow and a break of 12190 cash would probably take the Dax back to 6345

~With US so firm why is Dax only called up +27 at 6336.......... does it know something that we don't like the Dow is gonna tank into the close.... Cos if that doesn't happen there might be a teeny weeny bit of value there for the quick.

Better value was buying dax for 298 after hours ..............don't say you weren't told...

Now where's that banana skin........

Hook Shot said:
~With US so firm why is Dax only called up +27 at 6336.......... does it know something that we don't like the Dow is gonna tank into the close.... Cos if that doesn't happen there might be a teeny weeny bit of value there for the quick.

Better value was buying dax for 298 after hours ..............don't say you weren't told...

Now where's that banana skin........

Hmmm....not quite a tank...but plenty of sellers up here...dax holding up tho' :rolleyes:

Still Value

2468steve said:
Hmmm....not quite a tank...but plenty of sellers up here...dax holding up tho' :rolleyes:

Dax only called up 18 to 327 when I last checked .......... knowing how macho the Dax can be that assumes problems in asia or something else.......

Of course I could be totally wrong and the Dax could slide tomorrow......

Last edited:
Hook Shot said:
Dax only called up 18 to 327 when I last checked .......... knowing how macho the Dax can be that assumes problems in asia or something else.......

Agree,I have the same quote for Dax.....2 row morning looks as if it'll be fun :LOL:

Hook Shot said:

Well Dax shot out of the gates to around 6360..... I love it when that happens!

Now the battle is for the ground above 6366/7 once more...... there's probably gonna be a lot of pushing and pulling......and above that looms the daunting (for now) 400/420 area...

If we get an inside day ....... Monday is gonna be mega!

Auf Wiedersehen

Ps. If the Bull is not dead then we have a shot at 6500 again and maybe even 6600 (3xMar 03 lows).

Downside to 6248 and 6220/6200.

testing 6200-6220..,,bounce from here? or staright through..target 6140

catracho said:
testing 6200-6220..,,bounce from here? or staright through..target 6140

if we end low this evening, next week might be a sharp downmove
keep your parachutes ready

Some serious tech damage this week. Missed all the move this PM due to PC problems, Video card on one audio card on another & had to have a new power supply box .Missed my dax move I have been waiting for