DAX Intraday - November

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaxT,

I trade futures so I chart futures.I think that the cash price is irrelevant and while I'm not going to argue the point with bonsai I'm sure that he would be just as successful charting the future. The signals are the same, what makes the difference is the chartist/trader. [a bit like Bjorn Borg playing Wimbledon with a wooden racquet when everyone else was using aluminium ]

DaxTrader

Cash lags behind futures so be careful if using cash to time entries and exits. I trade futures so the futures charts are the ones I use for entries and exits -- but I do keep an eye on the cash/futures spread.

qaza
lol

I'll take that as a 'backhand' compliment but I'm not
5ft 2 with eyes of blue !

However, I do track fair value.

Dax cash/futures

sounds like "give a man a watch, and he'll know what time it is, give him two and he'll never know what time it is"

this last move was interesting

I always take the "test" trade, dont know if anyone else does but my experience is that the mkt likes to test levels and trading so close to 3700 it was almost a certainty that when 9.5 was breached it would test 700

Dax Trader. Agree on the element of risk going against the short term trend but thats where my money management rules apply. I have 3 stake levels. Low, Medium & High. In the example of going against the up trend my stake level would be low. Today Im seeking to go long if the charts give an idication at 1330-1500 .
Stake level medium( going with the trend). It would have been high but I believe it would be foolish to ignore the dramatic falls in the far east markets and the reasons that caused the drop. Will use 3700 as a support level. Regards.

ZZ - sounds sensible

my steak levels are : medium rare across the board :)

currently trade only with trend, and don't go against it, 4 lot in Dax. Thinking about counter trend trading with 1 lot.

problem is mental dexterity for me - I like to try and get the middle bit of the move, then stand back from the chop at either end, but would like to make more of more range bound enviroments - but NOT if it effects my bread and butter.

Investigating keltners with stochastics as described by eggs and others in link above to Elite trader

DAX, I gragh Keltner channels on Excel but as yet not my prime indicator. As you are in a research mood may I add to your work load and suggest looking at stochastics + MACD. My gut feel tells me it would fit in to your strategy of trading the middle of trends.

volume

Hi,
Just introducing myself. I daytrade ZB and ZN (bonds) and the Dax .My broker is IB.
I'm looking at trading the FTSE soon. Does anyone have comparisons with the DAX? How does liquidity compare?
Also any comments on best times of day to trade DAX and Ftse?
I use ensign as my charting software and was wondering how to post charts to this forum? Or is it easier to use the charting software provided by the forum?
Robert

To all Dax traders.

If you please let me know where should I get economy report for europeon markets i.e german etc. for example to say that today is Consumer confidence # are at 10.00. Like always US data. Every day we have something is coming out before market open or just after that. I tried few websites including t2w, but could not find any thing about that.

Secondly if it is possible if we all dax traders etc, stay in chat room even here at t2w or open another one for instant trading ideas and trades and for uptodate news.
Thanx.

no-problem,

The European news certainly is not as important as the US ones. I think there are only 2 or 3 that affect the dax- the IFO and the ZEW and rate announcements-

I have the CNBC channel running in the background, so usually get alerted to them

Henry- thats a good site- cheeers

Al

thank you Henry, It is really a good website and it will help a lot.

Thank you very much again for your prompt response.

Status
Not open for further replies.