David Knight -Journal

Short 2638

Looks a bit mad I know...

This is purely a reflex instinctive trade I made here. I'm not going be able to explain it technically. If Im correct the high is in place already. or there could at least be a decent pullback/gap fill here.

Of course I could be wrong.

Stop is 1 point above the high of 2639.50

Will hold if it runs and decide on target later

The entertainment is worth the point, don't you think?:)

Moving Stop to B/E (2638)

Btw, the reason the trading plan was late today was because I had the full monte breakfast for lunch and wasn't watching the time. So this trade is riding on a big breakfast.

Lets give it some room Stop moved to 1 point above high again (never move your stops- balls)

Attachments

• SHORT 2638.gif
    SHORT 2638.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Short 2638

Looks a bit mad I know...

Covered @ 40.5 -2.5

Running +120.5

Again, once you are at this time zone the trade should have worked or lost. I tried for a high made first with lots of gaps below but it didn't work.

Attachments

• cover 40.5.gif
    cover 40.5.gif
    45 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Trading Plan

short 2645

Shorting near top of overnight session.

Attachments

• TRADING PLAN1st.gif
    TRADING PLAN1st.gif
    43 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Difficult to post in a market moving this fast..

Attachments

• shortcoverlongsold.gif
    shortcoverlongsold.gif
    50.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Waiting for a BUY signal

Still have not seen the low. imo

Attachments

• pattern.gif
    pattern.gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 131
long 2646

Target 2655

Will add lower

Attachments

• buy 46.gif
    buy 46.gif
    43.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Since we have had a high so early in the week, i am just thinking we are probably going to have a down week, obviously not that we can't go up at some time, keeping on the sidelines until it gives us some more information and keeping an eye out for the Trump/ Russia possible connections

Since we have had a high so early in the week, i am just thinking we are probably going to have a down week, obviously not that we can't go up at some time, keeping on the sidelines until it gives us some more information and keeping an eye out for the Trump/ Russia possible connections

That's a distinct possibility. Could be plenty of swings on the way.

Placing some orders here.

SHORT 2643 stop 2646 target 2634 (current overnight session low)

LONG 2631 stop 2625 target initially eod.
(depends when it triggers)

I think that we'll get down to the 2597 gap in the not too distant future (see post #259)

Placing some orders here.

SHORT 2643 stop 2646 target 2634 (current overnight session low)

LONG 2631 stop 2625 target initially eod.
(depends when it triggers)

I think that we'll get down to the 2597 gap in the not too distant future (see post #259)

SHORT 2643

Would like to see price return to overnight session low and for the low to be made first so I can get out and possibly go long.

Trading Plan

Currently SHORT 2643

‘Technical analysis doesn’t work’ and You can’t make money day trading’. You’ll read these, and similar statements many times while you’re learning to trade.

You’ll also read -
There is nothing new in Wall Street. There can’t be because speculation is as old as the hills. Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again. -Jesse Livermore

You have to make a simple choice.

First you need to define what technical analysis is exactly. Then you need to decide how it will help you find trade ideas.

It’s the traders job to find the entries and exits based on the chart- the price levels and the way the market is moving and the context.

EXAMPLES OF TECHNICAL ANALYSIS.
Currently applicable. Recently, we saw narrow range trading days. Then there was a breakout and range expansion.
Low volatility leading to higher volatility.

After a while it will go back to more narrow trading ranges. It’s a cycle. It’s how markets never change.

The number of stocks in an up trend. A good indication of the internal strength /weakness in the market.

Not an indicator that tells you when to buy /sell- that's the traders job.

Attachments

• TRADEPLAN5TH.gif
    TRADEPLAN5TH.gif
    46.3 KB · Views: 134
  • bp.png
    bp.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited: