databases of trading strategies

With any strategy you need to have a feel for when it will work and when it won't. In line with what other people here have told you - trading is a skill, the strategy is only a small part of that skill.

The MA traders were veteran traders and made good money. They were not blindly trading the crossover without an understanding of when they should/not enter the market and in what conditions it would/not work.

I did not say they used it 24/7 on 60000 instruemtns. I simply asked for the information to support this.
define Feel please?

I just reread what I posted and feel I should clarify it as it could be interpreted in the wrong way. I was not trying to have a pop.

I like to deal with hard evidence as this gives me confidence in going forward.

In as much as feel how would one gauge that?
What would one use for that?

Hope to hear from you soon.

What do you want me to do ask for their statements? Are you serious?

This forum is full of new traders refusing to put in any work and demanding to be served a strategy on a platter that requires no effort on their part. Doesn't work that way.

I, and other people in this thread, have repeatedly said that the way your mind works and your understanding of the markets is more important than any strategy but you keep ignoring us. Carry on.

Feel is based on a compilation of data which helps you understand when your strategy works and when it doesn't. Obviously you don't have time to dig up your stats when the market is setting up (if youre a short term trader) you need to remember the data. This is one thing I refer to as 'feel'. Another is order flow. The set up can be there in mechanical terms but the order flow is not right. This is a rythmic thing based on DOM. This also adds to 'feel'.

What do you want me to do ask for their statements? Are you serious?

This forum is full of new traders refusing to put in any work and demanding to be served a strategy on a platter that requires no effort on their part. Doesn't work that way.

I, and other people in this thread, have repeatedly said that the way your mind works and your understanding of the markets is more important than any strategy but you keep ignoring us. Carry on.

Feel is based on a compilation of data which helps you understand when your strategy works and when it doesn't. Obviously you don't have time to dig up your stats when the market is setting up (if youre a short term trader) you need to remember the data. This is one thing I refer to as 'feel'. Another is order flow. The set up can be there in mechanical terms but the order flow is not right. This is a rythmic thing based on DOM. This also adds to 'feel'.

I will have to take your word on that then.

As for DOM I was hoping to stay away from day trading to be honest as the percent of traders who make a profit each month on something like Jigsaw is around 30% Profitable Traders and those who make a consistant profit for decades is a lot less.
and they are probaly the top retail traders who have been in the game for years if not decades.

I also think it is wrong of you to keep saying i am ignoring you I am not.

I would just rather use something with a proven track record by a trader or investor who has had a 40 year say career. As this gives me more reliability. In long term survival.

I will have to take your word on that then.

As for DOM I was hoping to stay away from day trading to be honest as the percent of traders who make a profit each month on something like Jigsaw is around 30% Profitable Traders and those who make a consistant profit for decades is a lot less.
and they are probaly the top retail traders who have been in the game for years if not decades.

I also think it is wrong of you to keep saying i am ignoring you I am not.

I would just rather use something with a proven track record by a trader or investor who has had a 40 year say career. As this gives me more reliability. In long term survival.

only one I can think of is Warren Buffet, and his Berkshire Hathaway fund.
good luck.

what is that site where everyone places their automated trading strategies...the name eludes me now?

do you mean the trade mirroring sites ?...like etoro and zulutrade ?

I just reread what I posted and feel I should clarify it as it could be interpreted in the wrong way. I was not trying to have a pop.

I like to deal with hard evidence as this gives me confidence in going forward.

In as much as feel how would one gauge that?
What would one use for that?

Hope to hear from you soon.

the past does not gurarantee the future ........most of these dudes will backfit their systems and sell you duds

N

That actually was a good post.

I will research Market Wizards and other top traders who have been in the game for a long time.

Because using DOM with all the games on it and no doubt future games which will be more sophisticated will no doubt lead to many long term failures.
I very much doubt Buffett even knows how to read the DOM or other top traders like him.

I want to grow my account over the long term.
Thats the main reason for a list of strategies and I will study the likes of Buffett.
So thank you for bringing Buffett up.

do you mean the trade mirroring sites ?...like etoro and zulutrade ?

Problem is none
have a 10 year track record and blindly following a person without knowing what they are doing is insane.
I would of thought most just trade for 3 months then have a 99% DD. 2nd I Don't trust Forex the list of reasons is long.

In as much as Automated systems I was not or ever been interested in these for a whole host of reasons.

the past does not gurarantee the future ........most of these dudes will backfit their systems and sell you duds

N

I agree the past does not guarantee the future I agree with you "most of these dudes will backfit their systems and sell you duds".

It is the few that are not dudes and work in the long term I am looking for. No doubt used by top investors.

This is silly, you are asking for the non existent, the point is, to succeed you have to do your own work, hypothetically if there were a couple of long term never altering strategies that the mass majority followed, then there wouldn't be the "other side" to those traders......lol.

Thank you for your post . I will do as you say and do my own work and research on the top traders.

This is silly, you are asking for the non existent, the point is, to succeed you have to do your own work, hypothetically if there were a couple of long term never altering strategies that the mass majority followed, then there wouldn't be the "other side" to those traders......lol.

I see you've added never altering to reinforce your point..

Well known traders / investors have been making money for years. Yet the masses have never followed. But you are right if 99% did it would effect the market.
Question is why have they not and why are they/us the losing 90+%.

This is the question and why I want to see what the successful long term traders are doing.
We can call it tactic we can call it strategy.We can call it method.......
But hwat ever they are doing I feel this is what I need to focus on. To survive in the long term.

You can argue if this is the wrong or right
approach

Take a look at a few profiles including myself.

Blindman
Joined Aug 2012
analysis paralysis If I am honest

NVP Joined Jun 2004
Profile reads
Still experimenting - all Paper at the moment until further notice

rawrschach Joined Nov 2007
Profile reads
Trading Experience
1-2 Years

Rather than get into an
argument which is pointless. And they may of not updated the profile in a while to be fair to them.
My point is I don't want or any newbie to be n this position 11-14 years time.
But using many of the posts and surgestions out there could lead me into that position. As honest and well intended as they mean.

We need good information so that is what I. and indeed everyone else should seek.

I see you've added never altering to reinforce your point..

Well known traders / investors have been making money for years. Yet the masses have never followed. But you are right if 99% did it would effect the market.
Question is why have they not and why are they/us the losing 90+%.

This is the question and why I want to see what the successful long term traders are doing.
We can call it tactic we can call it strategy.We can call it method.......
But hwat ever they are doing I feel this is what I need to focus on. To survive in the long term.

You can argue if this is the wrong or right
approach

Take a look at a few profiles including myself.

Blindman
Joined Aug 2012
analysis paralysis If I am honest

NVP Joined Jun 2004
Profile reads
Still experimenting - all Paper at the moment until further notice

rawrschach Joined Nov 2007
Profile reads
Trading Experience
1-2 Years

Rather than get into an
argument which is pointless. And they may of not updated the profile in a while to be fair to them.
My point is I don't want or any newbie to be n this position 11-14 years time.
But using many of the posts and surgestions out there could lead me into that position. As honest and well intended as they mean.

We need good information so that is what I. and indeed everyone else should seek.
If you want to learn from the best you won't find them on any public stage debating trading with retail traders. All you will find is a mixture of good traders (very few of them), aspiring traders, and vendors. By the sounds of things what you are looking at doing is investing and you won't find anything meaningful in that front here. We are traders not investors. As for the good guys well, you need to identify for yourself who they are but like I said it won't aid your endeavour becoming an investor.

Blindman

If it were simply applying a method and raking in the cash then the search would centre on the method when it is really the application that makes the difference. You said in an earlier post:

“I would just rather use something with a proven track record by a trader or investor who has had a 40 year say career. As this gives me more reliability. In long term survival” .

It may sound trite but the “something” you are searching for is actually the trader, not what they are using. Bit like asking Michelangelo what sort of mallet and chisel he uses in the hope of recreating his David. So the “something” is you.

If you want to learn from the best you won't find them on any public stage debating trading with retail traders. All you will find is a mixture of good traders (very few of them), aspiring traders, and vendors. By the sounds of things what you are looking at doing is investing and you won't find anything meaningful in that front here. We are traders not investors. As for the good guys well, you need to identify for yourself who they are but like I said it won't aid your endeavour becoming an investor.

Thank you for your post this was useful information.

Blindman

If it were simply applying a method and raking in the cash then the search would centre on the method when it is really the application that makes the difference. You said in an earlier post:

“I would just rather use something with a proven track record by a trader or investor who has had a 40 year say career. As this gives me more reliability. In long term survival” .

It may sound trite but the “something” you are searching for is actually the trader, not what they are using. Bit like asking Michelangelo what sort of mallet and chisel he uses in the hope of recreating his David. So the “something” is you.

Thank you for your post point noted.

I just read your journal and see you mentioned you worked for many years in an investment bank.

you mentioned it won't aid your endeavour becoming an investor?
I am interested in this for clairifcation as to why for my information. So I can avoid and rule it out as a potential option to look at.

Last edited:
you mentioned it won't aid your endeavour becoming an investor?
I am interested in this for clairifcation as to why for my information. So I can avoid and rule it out as a potential option.
Investors have portfolios diversified into different asset classes across the globe. Their investments can last months to years. Their strategy is based on fundamentals not charts or indicators. Few of us here trade fundamentals but nobody here have portfolios spread across the globe or sit on positions for months to years. If you want to be an investor you need to start with fundamentals and preferably in major markets globally to diversify, hedge, and take advantage of opportunities globally. Its a very different type of process to what anyone does here.

Investors have portfolios diversified into different asset classes across the globe. Their investments can last months to years. Their strategy is based on fundamentals not charts or indicators. Few of us here trade fundamentals but nobody here have portfolios spread across the globe or sit on positions for months to years. If you want to be an investor you need to start with fundamentals and preferably in major markets globally to diversify, hedge, and take advantage of opportunities globally. Its a very different type of process to what anyone does here.

Ok i am with you now. I will look into it further and no doubt leave the forum as this is not the place for long term discussion on topics which I would need to cover.

thanks for your advice I do wish you and everyone else a pprofitble future as no one likes to hear of a bad story.