Dash Riprock stops trading.

Hakuna Matata

Yo!!

I am dash/whatever else I registered wiv. I carnt remember all of em.

BUT FIRST OFF

I never EVER had more than one name at the same time. PROMISE. I only made a new one after i was banned. there was a theme with my names after dash (from Liars Poker) - boogie nights / john le carre / cheeses, tbh I'm suprised (but not suprised at all) that no one picked up on it.

anyway

I am stopping trading. for good. if anyone wants to ask me questions I will answer some. Not going to bother with questions like "how much was ur biggest day" or balls like that. Not going to answer questions on strategies or **** either.

I am somewhere in the middle of doing my conkers and totally minted. I have been in drawdown for quite a while. I could continue to trade if I really wanted, but I don't.

I guess best questions are on why I don't want a rarry nemore.

there will be lulz, but honest answers to serious questions too.

PEACE!!

Yo!!

I am dash/whatever else I registered wiv. I carnt remember all of em.

BUT FIRST OFF

I never EVER had more than one name at the same time. PROMISE. I only made a new one after i was banned. there was a theme with my names after dash (from Liars Poker) - boogie nights / john le carre / cheeses, tbh I'm suprised (but not suprised at all) that no one picked up on it.

anyway

I am stopping trading. for good. if anyone wants to ask me questions I will answer some. Not going to bother with questions like "how much was ur biggest day" or balls like that. Not going to answer questions on strategies or **** either.

I am somewhere in the middle of doing my conkers and totally minted. I have been in drawdown for quite a while. I could continue to trade if I really wanted, but I don't.

I guess best questions are on why I don't want a rarry nemore.

there will be lulz, but honest answers to serious questions too.

PEACE!!

Cobblers !

Once bitten...theres no stopping :LOL:

Dress it up any way you like :cool:

Cobblers !

Once bitten...theres no stopping :LOL:

Dress it up any way you like :cool:

Let me disagree without banning me?*

There is so much crap info on this site about "starting out as a trader" or "how to become a forex millionaire", but very little on "stopping out as a trader" or "what it is like to call it a day", this might be a worthwhile thread to keep alive.

FYI, my general disposition is that I won't be making any "trades" for a long time to come... not spread betting for change, not swing trading... managing an SIPP, choosing a mortgage, that kind of thing I suppose - but no "trading" in the sense that we know it.

* in all fairness, I thought i got on pretty well with you. I remember fondly the crapout (or blowout?) in Silver, and when you posted 11 winning trades in a row the day a thread calling for such was started... and you only do it for fun, right? You're an Oil engineer or something? Kudos!! Anyway, stop Barjon from banning me if you can, we don't get along but he's the one with the power.

Let me disagree without banning me?*

There is so much crap info on this site about "starting out as a trader" or "how to become a forex millionaire", but very little on "stopping out as a trader" or "what it is like to call it a day", this might be a worthwhile thread to keep alive.

FYI, my general disposition is that I won't be making any "trades" for a long time to come... not spread betting for change, not swing trading... managing an SIPP, choosing a mortgage, that kind of thing I suppose - but no "trading" in the sense that we know it.

* in all fairness, I thought i got on pretty well with you. I remember fondly the crapout (or blowout?) in Silver, and when you posted 11 winning trades in a row the day a thread calling for such was started... and you only do it for fun, right? You're an Oil engineer or something? Kudos!! Anyway, stop Barjon from banning me if you can, we don't get along but he's the one with the power.

Errr, first off, why would i ban you ?
Your actually one of the most refreshing posters around here :)
I guess Barjon only takes issue when it decends into chaos !

It might well be a worthwhile topic...but not in your case...I simply don't believe you will !

we'll see... I've already got a treadmill and a laptop, let's see where that gets me in 40 years ;)

I can't really comment without knowing what "doing my conkers" means...

Actually - yes I can...

It seems an odd proposition stopping from all investing completely. On the one hand, they are all robbing cnuts, on the other keeping it in a bank/mattress isn't going to keep you up with inflation.

If your money will come from a J.O.B in the future, you will need some spiritual assistance because you will not be deluding yourself with the pension cushion like most. With such a dose of reality, how would you make it through the working day?

Mind you - has to be said, you have the mettle to do something more creative than work for someone else, so maybe your soul is safe.

you know, like to "do your conkers", "blow out" or whatever - lose all your money. trading has supported me over x many years, and landed me somewhere between zero and infinity at the end.

W.R.T. end of investing completely - no, I can't do that because I can't really avoid it. But when I say "trading", I mean something along the lines of "competing for profits with a tangible advantage".

It's too late for me to go into this now, but I'm not prepared to sacrifice so much for "competing for profits with a tangible advantage" any longer. that's the bottom line.

(Pete, you get the unabridged version via email xxx)

Last edited:
You want to get yourself one of those secret nazi boxes (but hurry there are only 89 left)

No sacrifice at all, only 5 minutes a day, I let the servants take care of it all these days.

You want to get yourself one of those secret nazi boxes (but hurry there are only 89 left)

No sacrifice at all, only 5 minutes a day, I let the servants take care of it all these days.

wasn't there already a vendor product in use? maybe there were hundreds of them for sale, not secretly smuggled or indeed of bona fide nazi origin. yes, there's the problem i think.

Can you tell us why you are stopping trading ? Is it because you are in this period of draw down as you alluded to in your opening post ? or is it some other reason (s ?)

Thanks.

I lived in Japan for a while.

Initially, I hated it - they drove me friggin nuts. I recall going back home for Christmas, I was thinking of throwing in the towel. I chatted with the lads about it & the upshot was that I'd go back, take their money off them and just say "**** it" - just not give 2 ****s about them or the job, just turn up.

So - I went back and had one of the most enjoyable 9 month periods of work I've had anywhere. The people that were doing my head in stopped doing it. I stopped offering advice to them and they started begging me for advice. I never realised I'd been trying to swim upstream doing things the western way and by not giving a toss, I got caught with the flow.

I think it's called "hitting rock bottom" I gave less, they got more.

I think giving up is an excellent idea but I'm not sure you need to stop as well!

f*ck off. Why don't you and boyles get a room? You can get your kicks off by doing each other in random positions and checking companies house records while you're having a breather.

:)

wasn't there already a vendor product in use? maybe there were hundreds of them for sale, not secretly smuggled or indeed of bona fide nazi origin. yes, there's the problem i think.

Oi! I ain't never been a vendor!! I did get a vendor badge but really I lied I'm not really a vendor never sold anything about trading I just wanted to see if I pretended to be a vendor I could get away with more lulz.

Can you tell us why you are stopping trading ? Is it because you are in this period of draw down as you alluded to in your opening post ? or is it some other reason (s ?)

Thanks.

yes I can but not right now I got someone coming to my house.

but I guess it's something like "change of goals" or things like that. It's not because of the drawdown.

If anyone has seen the film "a good year" it's something like that, except without the woman or the chateau. Will be 30 next year, guess I'm growing up.