• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinia contest

endo77

For traders: you have to forget about Darwinia and concentrate on building the best possible track-record for serious investors.Darwinia pushes,as monthly contest,traders into taking too much risk and trading too often(Regularity criteria) and is heavily dependent on D-score which proved to be nonsense so far and bad influence on traders.
Well, it's fine to focus on building a track record and if you're doing it right you have a good shot at winning AUM while you're doing it. Does it promote over trading? Maybe if you are trading not very much each month. But to be fair, we need enough trades to make a contest judgement every month. Yes I agree don't base your trading solely on it, look to the future. From my experience, it is worth it though, if you know what you're doing, to CAREFULY seek more strategies if you're coming up short on trades to rank. My biased (much of my earnings are Darwinian related) opinion is that D-Score is fine for the contest.

Darwinia is doing a good job, traders make moeny with future return not with past like many other contests.
The point is that new Dscore is worse than the former.
Now a charlatan can run a martingale once a month and acheive a 70 after 2 year with EX 1 and LA 1 , fucking around honest traders like us. They did a very superficial job with DScore.
I had a very good result with Darwina, 17k earned back in 2018 when my KVL was going strong.
Now it would be impossible with Pivot darwin and new DScore.
Until 2018 it was arealistic way to make money ans start a business.
Now it is essentially a big bait, many demo millions that will produce very few real earnings.
So the Darwinia concept is very good, just like before, the problem is the changes they have done to the rest in 2020.

Last edited:
New DScore is so inefficient that hey had to intoruduce additional filters to protect Darwinia.
->https://blog.darwinex.com/darwinia-introduces-three-additonal-excluding-criteria/

@endo77
The point is not the good DScore of SUG or other good traders, the problem is when good traders will be surrounded by charlatans cheating new DScore.
You nailed it on the old community: what will stop martingales from scoring high?
RS>3 ... let' be serious... :rolleyes:

A charlatan doesn't win money. He can get our attention with a short history but he'll never compete against good Darwins because despite a charlatant can have the wind blowing in favor for some months. His luck doesn't endure more than a year.

Also, martingale is penalized with the Darwin risk management tool. Rarely could have a nice equity in Darwinex.

New or old DScore, I'm sure both are good enough to order the 100 best Darwins. So to me, DarwiIA is a fair contest and a nice incentive for the trader to get some extramoney and the publicity for his/her Darwin

Darwinia.jpg

I reckon Darwinia should come with a health warning, a brilliant marketing tool but can't imagine it's useful for a trader to focus on.

Any good trader who competes in it probably isn't checking their ranking every 4 hours or letting it interfere with their trading decisions.

Having said all that, I wouldn't mind winning the blooming thing!

New DScore is so inefficient that hey had to intoruduce additional filters to protect Darwinia.
->https://blog.darwinex.com/darwinia-introduces-three-additonal-excluding-criteria/

@endo77
The point is not the good DScore of SUG or other good traders, the problem is when good traders will be surrounded by charlatans cheating new DScore.
You nailed it on the old community: what will stop martingales from scoring high?
RS>3 ... let' be serious... :rolleyes:
Yes I am worried about manufactured equity curves from subtle changes to risk when in DD for instance. The past Dscore was not impervious to it either. Admittedly the new dscore seems more vulnerable to cheaters. But I check the top 5 every once in a while and haven't identified any yet.

Any good trader who competes in it probably isn't checking their ranking every 4 hours or letting it interfere with their trading decisions
Yeah.
As most of traders, I want to be the winner of this contest.
But first thing first, I just focus on my strategy to generate some profit.
Sooner or later, when enough high D score, I surely can be the winner. (At least, 120th rank, LOL)

I'm guilty of this checking especially near the end of the month but it doesn't effect my (automated) trading, just my mood a little lol.
I do the same since 2016... :ROFLMAO:
But like you I never intervened on my trading.
Admittedly the new dscore seems more vulnerable to cheaters. But I check the top 5 every once in a while and haven't identified any yet.
It is still early, few months of weak DScore, the true problems will be after one year.

My biased (much of my earnings are Darwinian related)
Also mine as I wrote above but that was before Pivot.
Let's to a bit of math.
Extreme skill + extreme luck and you win the first prize 360k.
Despite the bove average return you still keep performing on average and not below.
So as @Gargamel estimated 10% annual.
5% in six months, so it is 18k profit, 15% performance fee and we have 2700 earnings, not so impressive.
And this is the best case scenario of a trader working with 10k.

Maybe 2700 (ignore the taxman) for 7 months of hard work is cool in some poor countries,but they don't have 10000 to put into account to start with.Probably people on social assistance in Spain make more money by sitting at home and watching TV all day long.
Better to focus on long-term success with real investors and long cooperation with them.
For every stable-constant 1 Mil.AUM and 10% per year,you will collect 15000.That is better and less stress.

Last edited:
Exact if you trade with 10k you are not so poor! :ROFLMAO:
When I earned 17k with darwinia on 2018 I was trading 3k, THAT was significant.
BTW equity can be fixed, money can be found but we cannot fix lower VaR and lower performance fees.

And this is the best case scenarion of a trader working with 10k.
Well, the AUM is cumulative, so you can be adding more AUM on some of your other positive months along the way. A good a year can be significantly more than that. I think if the pivot brings in lots of cheaters Darwinex will do something about it.

Here is a good year and fantastic year following a 1st prize win Nothing to sneeze at:

Screenshot (34).png

I had a very lucky 2018 but not 32% and I was stacking 670k.
Can you find me any fantastic year with current VaR 3.25-6.5% ?