• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinia contest

I wonder, why no other broker is coming up with a similar idea to Darwinex
It requires too much effort.
Why to create a complicate thing to attract a hundred of passionates when you can create a game that baits thousands or ten of thousands of dreamers?
The present mantra is keep it simple and challenging.
Who cares about finding alpha, probably there is no alpha at all by the way....

If we stop thinking as traders or investors and we start thinking as Darwinex everything becomes clear.
They dont need feedback, they don't need disucssions, they don't need "alpha".
They make money from fees and now also from subscriptions.
"Brokers movement"

Hi, everyone! I've got an allocation of 25,000 Euro, for the 1st time. But here's a question. If I lose, they won't deduct the loss from my personal deposit, will they? I know this seems irrational, because there are traders with a very small personal deposit and some large allocations, but I've learned to ask every possible and impossible question. Just a bit lazy to read the TOS right now.

Hi, everyone! I've got an allocation of 25,000 Euro, for the 1st time. But here's a question. If I lose, they won't deduct the loss from my personal deposit, will they? I know this seems irrational, because there are traders with a very small personal deposit and some large allocations, but I've learned to ask every possible and impossible question. Just a bit lazy to read the TOS right now.
No you have no risk with the allocation, as it is not real money, so Darwinex are not taking any risk.
But you will win real money if you can keep the equity line moving up!
Congrats on the allocation, needs a lot of patience and discipline to get there.

It's "only" an allocation, no real investment by a real investor.

But it is treated the same way like a real investor. So if you lose and the allocation is closed without a payment, but with losses, with the next allocation you have first to wipe out the losse before you can be paid. That's the same with real investors, Darwinex calls it the HWM (high water mark) rule.

But also here they made recently an improvement in difference to real investors: If you don't have any allocation, the HWM will be set to zero and with the next one you start from scratch.
Note: That only comes into effect if your last allocation ran out.
More details to that here

Thanks for the answers! Btw, I see that there are major changes in Darwinia. So is it only the Silver and Gold now? The old Classic Darwinia does not exist anymore? I see that the criteria of the Silver and Gold are thougher than the good old Darwinia.

Thanks for the answers! Btw, I see that there are major changes in Darwinia. So is it only the Silver and Gold now? The old Classic Darwinia does not exist anymore? I see that the criteria of the Silver and Gold are thougher than the good old Darwinia.
Seems classic darwinia closed..there are some transitional issues i see..for example my FLU got additional allocation but in main page it is not added.. or maybe previous allocations will be deleted? Dont know.. let's wait some days when more clarity.

Congrats for your good results!

Seems classic darwinia closed..there are some transitional issues i see..for example my FLU got additional allocation but in main page it is not added.. or maybe previous allocations will be deleted? Dont know.. let's wait some days when more clarity.

Congrats for your good results!
There is currently an update ... you can't get the page of any 4-digit DarwinexZero Darwin (http error 404 for technicians), maybe or for sure everything is clearer later or next week :)

DarwinIA Classic is discontinued and replaced by DarwinIA SILVER and DarwinIA GOLD.

There are only two Darwins in DarwinIA GOLD from DarwinexZero: ILCZ and TTGR

For DarwinIA now the last 6 months count and the ranking bases only on return and drawdown.
See more here:

Last edited:
I analized the new criteria and I realy like it! It looks smarter and I think it will be more profitable for Darwinex. I think the old one was not. How about you guys?

I analized the new criteria and I realy like it! It looks smarter and I think it will be more profitable for Darwinex. I think the old one was not. How about you guys?
What I like:

1) It is much faster to get an allocation than with the old rules - with a monthly profit of 4.6 % and a drawdown of 3 % or less the trader will get the guaranteed allocation after the first month.
With nearly 6 % profit in 2 months he will also get the guaranteed allocation.
He does not have to wait at least 6 month (usually more) until D-Score has a value of about 50 to raise eligibility as in DarwinIA "Classic".

2) Most faults of the past are forgotten after 6 month, with 2 exceptions:
- the target VaR will still be calculated for 12 periods (about 12 months) and is cutting the Darwin's profit for this period. Maybe Darwinex will cut this period to 6 or 3 months in future anytime.
- If a trader had an allocation and runs into a bad drawdown after receiving it, the HWM for the allocation calculation is not reset to zero after the allocation ran out as he has to get out of the drawdown first, before the next allocation return is calculated profitable.
What could a trader do in this situation to be eligible for DarwinIA SILVER faster? restart the account (DarwinexZero) or close the current Darwin and trading account to avoid the potential inactivity fee if the account is left orphan and open a new account to create a new Darwin (Darwinex real account).
And the allocation accellaration described above under 1) works again.
There is a - in this situation more hypothetical - disadvantage of the restart from scratch for DarwinexZero traders: the 8 months period to ascend to DarwinIA GOLD is also restarting.

What I like:

1) It is much faster to get an allocation than with the old rules - with a monthly profit of 4.6 % and a drawdown of 3 % or less the trader will get the guaranteed allocation after the first month.
With nearly 6 % profit in 2 months he will also get the guaranteed allocation.
He does not have to wait at least 6 month (usually more) until D-Score has a value of about 50 to raise eligibility as in DarwinIA "Classic".

2) Most faults of the past are forgotten after 6 month, with 2 exceptions:
- the target VaR will still be calculated for 12 periods (about 12 months) and is cutting the Darwin's profit for this period. Maybe Darwinex will cut this period to 6 or 3 months in future anytime.
- If a trader had an allocation and runs into a bad drawdown after receiving it, the HWM for the allocation calculation is not reset to zero after the allocation ran out as he has to get out of the drawdown first, before the next allocation return is calculated profitable.
What could a trader do in this situation to be eligible for DarwinIA SILVER faster? restart the account (DarwinexZero) or close the current Darwin and trading account to avoid the potential inactivity fee if the account is left orphan and open a new account to create a new Darwin (Darwinex real account).
And the allocation accellaration described above under 1) works again.
There is a - in this situation more hypothetical - disadvantage of the restart from scratch for DarwinexZero traders: the 8 months period to ascend to DarwinIA GOLD is also restarting.
1. As far as I know there's no inactivity fee, is there? I tried to delete my older darwins, but they won't let me - neither the darwins nor the accounts behind them.
2. So from what you're saying I suppose that I have no reason to start a new account/darwin with identical strategy, do I?

1. As far as I know there's no inactivity fee, is there? I tried to delete my older darwins, but they won't let me - neither the darwins nor the accounts behind them.
2. So from what you're saying I suppose that I have no reason to start a new account/darwin with identical strategy, do I?
1. They announced an inactivity fee in a Mail from july 19th about the changes in the T&C:
1694361694368.png

But I'm not sure whether they will charge it as they never did and I don't know whether the inactivity fee is new or was also in the old T&C. Currently you cannot delete an investor portfolio and that must be possible first.
If you want to delete the trading account, the Darwin/strategy must be deleted/deactivated first - then you will get an email showing the consequences and you have to confirm the deletion.

2. As I see it, you don't have a reason to start a new account as the disadvantages will be much worse for you. I was thinking about a DD of more than 15 % when I wrote the post above.
Your current DD against the all time high is no reason to even think about a restart and not in the next 6 months. You would also lose your allocation. The best you can do is make money with your allocation. :)

Your HWM starts when you got the allocation as you never had one before.
You should see the profit of your allocation here:
1694362529135.png

Last edited:
The Regularity (former activity) componenent is completelly gone.
It was a very debated concept in the old Community, a bit like Experience investable attribute.
So now a trader that is lucky at the beginning of the month is incetivized to stop trading until the end of the month.
You make 3% with a couple of lucky trades and you can sit and wait.
Promoting lucky trading is more popular and profitable than promoting disciplined trading.

It was a very debated concept in the old Community, a bit like Experience investable attribute.
So now a trader that is lucky at the beginning of the month is incetivized to stop trading until the end of the month.
Promoting lucky trading is more popular and profitable than promoting disciplined trading.
I have some strategies for example NOT darwin which do no more than 3-6 deals per month. And have one strategy that trades even less frequently (0 to 4 monthly deals)... Here 18 months results for that one (77 deals):

ave_results.png

Sometimes less trading is better.. fewer mistakes. There were 2-3 months with no deals at all here.. because strategy waits for very rare conditions to appear..

think such strategies should exist too.

Old regularity would not penalyze unfrequent strategies, the algo sampled your frequency for 3 months.
There is nothing bad with making one trade in week 1 another in week 2 and another in week 3.
Imagine a guy that runs a grid, you can be lucky for 20 sessions, now imagine if that guy runs the session only in the first day of the month, here you have a wonderful 20 months trackrecord.

BTW there is no point discussing a proprietary metric that doesn't exist anymore.

It completes the picture of new Darwinia, just a big marketing tool.

Last edited:
The right way is promoting profitable trading.

Unfortunately regularity was not an investable attribute.
The problem with all the old attributes that traders tried to control - or manipulate - them.

That is not changed - only different to the good old times.
It is legit to use the rules and optimize the trading results for that.
So it is fine to stop trading if you got your first allocation to avoid the risk to lose it in a DD on the evaluation day.

Normal investors - not family & friends investors - always look on profit and drawdown while in the good old times traders looked on the attributes to grap DarwinIA prizes.

I appreciate the new rules for 2 reasons:
- the old DarwinIA rules never worked for investors and DarwinIA sponsored the wrong traders which did not help Darwinex to make money
- DarwinIA now sponsors traders which should be more interesting for investors

I disagree on eveything but by the way it is a useless discussion.

New "Darwinia-zero" is attracting thousands of dreamers-subscribers, so congrats to Darwinex, good job!

By Darwinex for Darwinex.

I disagree on eveything but by the way it is a useless discussion.

New "Darwinia-zero" is attracting thousands of dreamers-subscribers, so congrats to Darwinex, good job!

By Darwinex for Darwinex.
Nearly 300 traders would get an allocation out of 3,468 in DarwinIA SILVER, and 45 of 116 in DarwinIA GOLD.

The number of prizes is more than doubled against the old DarwinIA Classic solution with 150 prizes.
That's a massive improvement for the traders.

Several professional strategies can only be traded with big accounts, for some 100k is not enough.

In Germany the situation is very special because of the tax rules implemented 2021 with a cap of 20k of all losing trades in a year.

For a trader it is his decision of his own personal risk managment to pay a monthly fee or to risk his own money.

I have some strategies for example NOT darwin which do no more than 3-6 deals per month. And have one strategy that trades even less frequently (0 to 4 monthly deals)... Here 18 months results for that one (77 deals):

View attachment 330766

Sometimes less trading is better.. fewer mistakes. There were 2-3 months with no deals at all here.. because strategy waits for very rare conditions to appear..

think such strategies should exist too.
This looks amazing!