• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinia contest

A performance on 0% is considered positive and FNB has higher DScore so is considered flagship.
If you select RHB in Darwinia you will find it at position 640 .

How to get a regularitxy of 89.71 % by not trading since more than a year ...
1678735744822.png

The 25k shown as max. allocatrion were never given, only calculated, that's the estimation for the current month.

I'm curious how this top secret formula will calculate this Darwin end of March and where it will be ranked for not trading.

Last edited:
1678756298893.png

I think the secret formula is a bit screwed up. My Darwin JVR is showing a regularity of 84% this month, but I've only closed 3 trades, as against 10 or more for each of the previous three months. go figure :unsure:

hi all,

I have a question, say my first Darwin A got a 100k darwinia award before but I somehow crashed it. Hence, having a huge negative loss in Darwinia acc for Darwin A.

Then my second Darwin B got another new darwinia award and is slowly profiting. Do i get to keep this performance fee or it will be used to pay the negative loss from my Darwin A ?

Will Darwinex treat each Darwin separately or will they lump the whole Profit/Loss under the same Darwin provider/user?

hi all,

I have a question, say my first Darwin A got a 100k darwinia award before but I somehow crashed it. Hence, having a huge negative loss in Darwinia acc for Darwin A.

Then my second Darwin B got another new darwinia award and is slowly profiting. Do i get to keep this performance fee or it will be used to pay the negative loss from my Darwin A ?

Will Darwinex treat each Darwin separately or will they lump the whole Profit/Loss under the same Darwin provider/user?
Each Darwin will be treated as a single unit, so the profit from the notional allocation is to pay for Darwin B twice after each 3 months if both quarters are profitable.

Even Darwin A has a chance to cause a payment if it crashed during the first quarter and the second quarter is profitable.

Darwinex only shows one payment to the user or for the Darwin but is not splitted in investor payments and DarwinIA payment.
This information is only visible for the trader himself.

You can also see the total success in fees in the hall of fame for each Darwin if you go to the Darwin list or search for a single Darwin there.

Example - OYS (the sibling of SYO) and SYO itself:

1679148596053.png

1679149143559.png

Unfortunately they don't show a monthly split for the Darwins payments, only for the users payment.

The "classic" DarwinIA as we know it shall die before end of this year.

It will be replaced by DarwinIA SILVER and DarwinIA GOLD as lauched with DarwinexZero.

DarwinexZero is a paid competition program so I'm curious what Darwinex will offer to their existing traders.

------------------------------------------------------------
Now, what happens to DARWINs participating in DarwinIA from Darwinex?

Very soon, hopefully in September or, at the latest, October 2023, DARWINs from Darwinex will also participate in DarwinIA SILVER and DarwinIA GOLD. This means that the current DarwinIA will disappear (more information on this coming soon). From that moment on, we will also apply the new criteria to treat the HWM for DARWINs participating from Darwinex.
------------------------------------------------------------
See https://blog.darwinex.com/watermark-darwinia-allocations/

D-Score will be gone in DarwinIA:
It is a process of removing investable attributes and everything ralated.
The process started 3 years ago.
They don't suit the new gamification style.
Too complicated for the new trader/gamer they are targeting.
If martingales will win and make make money who cares, what matters is attracting more dreamers and make money from them.

Currently there are more than 1,100 Darwins excluded from the new DarwinIA SILVER and GOLD, out of 2,857 active Darwins.
In DarwinIA they show 4,586 Darwins including the inactive ones.

1691232760516.png

1691232675414.png

That is a strike against the farmers with smaller accounts where there were never be able to control that all allocations were justified or violating the correlation rule of own Darwins, as they did not calculate correlation for all Darwins.
Their solution for the future is - to remove the correlation rule for own Darwins. :)

These small accounts also cannot match the criteria for participating in DarwinIA GOLD, so they will be completely excluded from DarwinIA.

1691233257421.png

I also did not find an exception for Darwins with investors regardless of the investment volume.

Last edited:
Are these early signs of the closing of DarwinIA and will everything be subscription based as DarwinexZero in future?
They will not close DarwinIA, as this is their bandwagon, but they change the terms and conditions:

- You need a 1k real account at Darwinex or a subscription with DarwinexZero to be a candidate for the DarwinIA contest
- You can only have one subscription, but more than 1 real account with 1k (minimum during the whole month, so you will need more to cover a potential drawdown!)

I'm not sure what they will do with DarwinIA GOLD or whether real accounts on DarwinIA SILVER are open for investors. DarwinexZero Darwins are not open for investors as long as they are listed in DarwinIA SILVER.

I'm also curious how they will split existing Darwinex real accounts to DarwinIA SILVER and DarwinIA GOLD.

At least the real account trader should be able to invest from the beginning in hist own Darwin regardless of the account balance. But that is not written, so I assume, it is undecided.

Last edited:
Are these early signs of the closing of DarwinIA and will everything be subscription based as DarwinexZero in future?
I think Darwinia is essentially dead.
Investability, discipline, good trading practices, all of this is gone.
They are turning everything into a big game and a money machine for them.

It was and is a lottery besides the guaranteed allocation in DarwinIA SILVER.

I think the dream of the usuability of the investable attributes is gone now.
Instead of improving them they invented the target VaR to keep investors in losing positions to continue paying fees.
DarwinIA "Classic" started dying when they removed the investable attributes from the D-Score calculation.

I think the dream of the usuability of the investable attributes is gone now.
I agree. It took a long time to establish that they had little, if any predictive value.
I think the fees upon fees upon fees has made the original offering very unattractive. I also think they have been overtaken by events with the likes of FTMO coming onto the scene, and have been tempted to try and take a bite out of that particular cherry.

I wonder, why no other broker is coming up with a similar idea to Darwinex (Original vintage one that we all liked)? Probably ideal of old Darwinex was good but they didn't progress(profited) as quickly and as big so they changed the course and now became any other ordinary broker.

I believe the only alternative to Darwinex with good (potentially) traders and a long track record is eToro (haven't visited in the past few years due to unavailability in the region currently living). I remember AXI started with something PsyQuation but it disappeared too.

They are turning everything into a big game and a money machine for them.
Hi CV,
If may I ask what your activity looks like on Darwinex as a trader/investor? You are still active or migrated to another platform?