• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Darwinex Youtube Channel and communication

FXforfun

Hey guys. Didn't you notice that the Darwinex Youtube channel has reduced dramatically the production of new good content?
I mean, a year ago or so I remember to listen to Juan Colón. He was for 2-3 years publising videos like crazy, and I loved those series. Mostly they were all motivational: Alpha searching, the investors dream, the new broker, supporting their CFD's, ... Also, there was Ali wich I liked a lot. Educational content too exposing their risk manager. Drawins interviews... I think that most of it was in Spanish and occasionally from time to time in English.

What happened? Right now the only thing they publish comes from that guy (I'm terrible with the names) who lately only speaks about MT5. Except his first videos all the rest is quite boring to be honest. Before him there were two guys who made terrible videos; a young one with technical stuff absolutely nonesense and another, only in Spanish, who made horrible interviews. Poor one, he was so bad that was amusing. I want Juan Colon back!

It's a shame that change. Could be the beginning of the end of this broker??

Hey guys. Didn't you notice that the Darwinex Youtube channel has reduced dramatically the production of new good content?
I mean, a year ago or so I remember to listen to Juan Colón. He was for 2-3 years publising videos like crazy, and I loved those series. Mostly they were all motivational: Alpha searching, the investors dream, the new broker, supporting their CFD's, ... Also, there was Ali wich I liked a lot. Educational content too exposing their risk manager. Drawins interviews... I think that most of it was in Spanish and occasionally from time to time in English.

What happened? Right now the only thing they publish comes from that guy (I'm terrible with the names) who lately only speaks about MT5. Except his first videos all the rest is quite boring to be honest. Before him there were two guys who made terrible videos; a young one with technical stuff absolutely nonesense and another, only in Spanish, who made horrible interviews. Poor one, he was so bad that was amusing. I want Juan Colon back!

I guess you are not listning to those unbelivable useful content which Martyn produced over the year in the name of darwinex ???
IMO this man is really great - extremly useful for strategy developer.

I think the problem is that the original idea (that the IAs would be a predictor of future results), hasn't worked out. It is a shame, it seemed like a good idea, but yet again it proves that trading is not a mathematical endeavour.

What happened?
They planned and agreed all these changes coming up last year when they had a cash cow with HFD.
When they went live with it, the rising star turned into a fallen angel.
I assume they have to focus on their brexit plans to get the Spanish licence which is valuable for independence from London's Brexit rules. If they are checked for that right now, it is better not to publish new content now which is not reviewed by the supervisors.

Martyn is supercool, I asked a question with his blog and answered the same day.
His videos are top stuff.
Having said that I think he should feel alone lately...
Darwinex is (should be) an investing platform not an algorithmic trading school.

I guess you are not listning to those unbelivable useful content which Martyn produced over the year in the name of darwinex ???
IMO this man is really great - extremly useful for strategy developer.

Yes! Martyn. Of course!! I didn't remember his name, I like that guy. He knows what he is talking about and his first videos were really good stuff. But you'll have to admit that the last ones are just a technical guide on MT5. Boooring. It's like he runned out of ideas and because he has to produce a certain quantity of videos he just do what he can. Nothing wrong with that, but the Darwinex content manager should try to provide additional material.

I want the Juan Colon of 2016 back, not the one of 2020 ...
Well, I've checked and Juan doesn't publish a video since 8 months ago (maybe I missed any video because I didn't check one by one). Juan hasn't been too active on Youtube on 2020.

This change of paradigm in a company as a Client is disturbing and for those who were part of the company would be worrying. Specially because it's not a change of strategy it's like a stop of the engine. They are simply letting the channel die, erasing its forum and continuing on 0 investments on Marketing. Finally, which were their last improvements on the platform? Just the change on the D-Score. Is their R&D also sttoped?

Yes! Martyn. Of course!! I didn't remember his name, I like that guy. He knows what he is talking about and his first videos were really good stuff. But you'll have to admit that the last ones are just a technical guide on MT5. Boooring. It's like he runned out of ideas and because he has to produce a certain quantity of videos he just do what he can. Nothing wrong with that, but the Darwinex content manager should try to provide additional material.

Well, I've checked and Juan doesn't publish a video since 8 months ago (maybe I missed any video because I didn't check one by one). Juan hasn't been too active on Youtube on 2020.

This change of paradigm in a company as a Client is disturbing and for those who were part of the company would be worrying. Specially because it's not a change of strategy it's like a stop of the engine. They are simply letting the channel die, erasing its forum and continuing on 0 investments on Marketing. Finally, which were their last improvements on the platform? Just the change on the D-Score. Is their R&D also sttoped?
I predict they will open a marketing budget pretty soon. word of mouth isn't going to work for them anymore

Compared to 2015-2017 actual Darwinex is ice age, total absence of motion.
Martyn is producing very good content but has nothing to do with Darwinex.
Same story in the Twitter page, complete darkness on what's going on, only sharing Darwinia and youtube videos.
Blog is dead and community closed, transparency zeroed.
Slack channel is dead too.

Last edited:
I am not so pessimist but neither optimist.
Every 6 months there used to be an "ask me anything" webinar, nothing for the beginning of 2021.
Investors don't like this kind of uncertainty.
Well, migrate to IB is not a bad scenario 'per se', bigger entity more regulated, more services. And if they cut off MT4 or MT5 I'll just go away to another broker. No drama in any case

Yes. That's my point. Couldn't happen that their hidden goal was to sell this broker
No, I don't think they had a hidden goal.
I think more they have problems improving their financials.
If you look at the top 10 D-Score heroes, 5 of ten are not present anymore. You see that easily at the DarwinIA page if you sort by D-Score.
Similar with the top ten on AuM where more than 50% are suffering since more than 6 months. That also means: no relevant investor fee for Darwinex.
And IMO the worst: no attractive Darwins for big investors. The plan to attract more and bigger foreign capital didn't work until now. IMHO currently missing attractive famous Darwins with open capacity is only one reason for this.

Last edited:
DScore is not so significant, dead and innactive darwins retain a good DScore.
Let's follow capital...
Performance of 10 most invested darwins is positive and decent on last 6m
So darwins and providers are not to blame for Darwinex stagnation and silence.

top10return6m.png

So darwins and providers are not to blame for Darwinex stagnation and silence.
Besides number 1,2 and 7 in your list for their DD. :LOL:

Seriously: IMODarwinex was trapped by some big mouth users which were also in the forum with their incredibly deep knowledge of markets and risk classes like trying to compare a Darwin with the MSCI world .. and I fear Darwinex is missing the money of these noisy brats until today.

Seriously: IMO Darwinex was trapped by some big mouth users
Bingo!But that is only half of the problem IMO. The other half is a destructive individual who managed to become CEO's right hand . String of failed projects and deterioration of relations with customers as direct result of this influence.
.. and I fear Darwinex is missing the money of these noisy brats until today.
:ROFLMAO:.

Performance of 10 most invested darwins is positive and decent on last 6m

Besides number 1,2 and 7 in your list for their DD. :LOL:
The problem,like at eToro,is the most invested darwins 6/12 months ago. Investors are migrating like ducks all the time.
In other words,compare top10 in Hall of Fame with present top10 most invested to understand what I am saying.(minus all Darwinia earnings!)

Last edited: