• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] MOT by IlIlIlIlI

IlIlIlIlI

Today my Darwin MOT was published by Darwinex in the afternoon.

1673899774269.png

Trades are only entered manually.
There is a robot working in the background to set and maintain a trailing stop in the profit zone, but it is seen working rarely.

All trades have a take profit and a stop loss from the beginning with different levels for different assets.
I use the 'Trade Manager 4 Lite' from the mql5.com Forum for MT4 in the free version.

The following assets are watched:
1673900172931.png

I used only the first four for trading on this account until now.

When the Darwin is published first time today, MOT is not only the No. 1 in Return on the 'Latest' filter in the 'LAST MONTH' ranking ...
1673900291604.png

.. MOT is also the No. 1 in Return in the 'LAST MONTH' ranking of all 2,773 Darwins!
1673900521951.png

Wow!
Although I personally take it more as a fun fact which happens much easier to young Darwins than to established ones.
But it's just nice to be able to document that in my Darwin MOT.
Maybe I write more about my view on the Darwinex attributes and account sizing in Germany in a later post.

I will never recommend to investors to buy my Darwin.
I will never recommend to investors not to buy my Darwin.

Even inexperienced investors must be adult enough to make such a decision about buying or selling an asset themselves. Of course I appreciate questions.
But I can only be responsible for the profit or loss of my own investment.

Because there are currently open positions (with a slight drawdown) on the trading account, I didn't invest in my Darwin until now. It's enough to pay swap fees on the trading account.
Next time I should read the holiday calendar earlier...
When they are closed and the Darwin is flat, I will invest about the minimum investment amount in my Darwin with an old x3 portfolio. That would bring the divergence calculations to life.
The money to invest in my Darwin was taken from the profit of the trading account on several days starting about two weeks ago.

Last edited:
MOT is bought now after it was made flat in an old leverage x3 portfolio which was uses only from 2020-04-27 to 2020-04-30 to trade 4 Darwins ;)

1673967670849.png

As expected I'm the first investor.
1673967884353.png

MOT appears in the DarwinIA listing for the first time on rank 800 (out of 4804 possible candidates):
1673975367791.png

In DarwinIA only the return counts after the young Darwin published, all earlier returns of the days before publishing the Darwin are useless here.

The "rating gap to 150 position" shows the absolute difference of the rating value to the value the Darwin on position 150 - the winner of the last and lowest prize - has:
1673975676014.png

Last edited:
Besides MOT had to take a bad drawdown last week which increased the "Drawdown (since inception)" to more than 5 %, it stays to be No. 1 on the one month performance of all Darwins:
1674309898480.png

It was the first time with follow up losing days on this trading account and Darwin.

About me and my trading:
I'm working full time, since the first lockdown in my home office, and I can't watch the market or my open positions permanently.
That implies that I have to accept drawdowns and early closes of profitable positions on the take profit.

There is a self written EA running to set and adjust a trailing stop in the profit zone which was in action last Friday:
1674313780194.png

The trades are currently served badly by the liquidity providers, ...
1674315145056.png

which results usually in a more positive divergence for investors:
1674315253819.png

detailed report currently not available for MOT, I opened a ticket at Darwinex on Friday.

For trading I use only MT4 and the Trade manager 4 Lite trading panel which is written as an EA and free of charge at mql5.com. (I'm not related to the author in any thinkable way).
With individual settings of unique names in the EA parameters and restricting the EA to the "Current Symbol" it is possible to save different tp and sl settings for every single chart.
1674313365901.png

It works fine and relyable for market orders, maybe I will use it also for pending orders in the future after testing it. Not sure, but pending orders might reduce the DD after entering a position as some orders with really bad timing will not be executed.

Thoughts about the Darwinex attributes:
1674315383275.png

Meanwhile I ignore the majority of the attributes, as they are defined for special types of automated strategies about a decade or longer ago and I don't use these starategies.
All attributes are not stable for a young Darwin. After at least 4 week after creating the Darwin I expect certain stability in the attributes. This also effects the VaR calculation and the resulting replication factor between the trading account and the Darwin.

Ra: risk adjustment starts with the max. value of 10 when the Darwin calculation starts.
A high value is needed to avoid cutting investor trades and profit.

But there are 3 more attributes I watch:

Rs: risk stability is important for DarwinIA eligibility (criterion 5) where the value must be 3 or higher. The attribute measures the distance between the highest and lowest VaR for each day since the Darwin was published cumulating it for the last 4 weeks.
1674315878426.png

Rs can be manipulated by cutting or extending trading sessions to manipulate the current VaR calculation.
For up to 2 weeks the D-Score will increase without trading, so halting trading for up to two weeks should stop dropping the Rs value.
For MOT I want to keep the Rs atrribute above the value of 4, otherwise I would try to keep it high by halting trading for up to 2 weeks.

La: The loss aversion is the most important attribute for my personal evaluation of Darwins. A value below 2 (or 3) can imply martingale or other strategies accepting an uncontrolled loss on open positions.
For MOT I want to see this attribute above 3.

Pf: There are only 26 Darwins with a performance score of 9.9 or higher including MOT.
But not all Darwins in this filter were profitable in the last month or last three months, this attribute is no guarantee for profit and of course does not imply a profit forecast.
For MOT there is no specific goal, to see it with a high value just shows that the strategy is performing better than others.

Last edited:
MOT starts in the DarwinIA competition for February 2023 with rank 517 out of 4,919 Darwins.
End of January it was not ranked as the Return was below the starting value.
Usually there is no chance for a Darwin to catch a prize with a D-Score below 40, there were very few exceptions in the past.

1675382846612.png

The results of the trading account in the last calendar months show all profit:
1675383742613.png

Also the Darwin's trading was positive in all past calendar months:
1675383791431.png

I intend to keep all calendar months green and to show a new all time high in every calendar month.
Here are the dates of the all time highs of the past months with their value:

Nov. 2022: 17-11-2022 - 102.69
Dec. 2022: 30-12-2022 - 107.63
Jan. 2023: 18-01-2023 - 116.52

Of course there is no guarantee that this list can show a all time high value for every month.

Last edited:
I will never recommend to investors to buy my Darwin.
I will never recommend to investors not to buy my Darwin.
Man you are funny. Then don't promote it :D
Only point of Darwinex get more investors to make more money.

The var is too high and this account will soon collapse if it continues, be careful... and even if the darwin doesn't, the underlying certainly will, sooner rather than later. You seem to have a good strategy, don't throw it away with high leverage.

The var is too high and this account will soon collapse if it continues, be careful... and even if the darwin doesn't, the underlying certainly will, sooner rather than later. You seem to have a good strategy, don't throw it away with high leverage.
I'm thinking about some cahnges related to sl levels and trade sizes/number of parallel trades.

As i get your comment:
I post here for information and documentation, and you read it as promotion.
Everybody can select his understanding.

It yes promotion. We can play hide and seek but lets call it what it is - self promotion
If you want to inform us and document, then maybe analyse all the darwins :

- how to pick right one ?
- even best ones fail but why ?
- what are the early warning signs of successful darwin failing ?

It yes promotion. We can play hide and seek but lets call it what it is - self promotion
If you want to inform us and document, then maybe analyse all the darwins :

- how to pick right one ?
- even best ones fail but why ?
- what are the early warning signs of successful darwin failing ?
Your arguments are about more than one Darwin and this thread and section is the wrong place for it.
This thread is only about MOT.

You find several of my ideas of a portfolio in this forum in other threads I created in the section

We had long discussion in the old forum about investors and their behaviour and I do not want to repeat them as IMO there is no help delivered by Darwinex and as far as I remember it investors didn't post much content about their ideas.
Maybe you want to open a new investor thread in the Darwinex section here
If investors share there ideas and experience there I would think about my contribution as I also have experience as an investor and of cours an opinion.

Be honest and yes you don't recommend to invest to MOT
but you hope that some t2w users will. That's all I am asking :D

There is no info, just post how good year are doing :

- I am number 1 but no only...
- rank 800, rank 517...
- only 26 Darwins with a performance score of 9.9 or higher including MOT
- TOP 15

Be honest and yes you don't recommend to invest to MOT
but you hope that some t2w users will. That's all I am asking
No, it is just what I wrote:
I will never give a recommendation about investing or missing investment chances.

Besides your discussion about me and my alleged intentions is off topic here as it is not about my Darwin MOT, you should be aware that the trader only makes money or not when the investors sells his investment. So IMO any race for investors is senseless, we had enough discussions about it in the old forum.

- I am number 1 but no only...
- rank 800, rank 517...
- only 26 Darwins with a performance score of 9.9 or higher including MOT
- TOP 15
That's documentation, as the information disappears by time and there is no history available.

I really wonder now what your real problem is. Trying to play a judge about my alleged intentions on my MOT thread can't work and is misplaced here.

As history is not available soon and you are helpful person please keep track of all dawins.

As history is not available soon and you are helpful person please keep track of all dawins.
Again: this is a thread about my Darwin MOT, and not
- about all Darwins
- about understanding Darwin threads here as information, documentation or promotion
So of course I only keep track about MOT here and not about other Darwins.

You are invited again to open a new thread in the related Darwinex section for your own interests and subjects, you can send me a PN for personal or private questions and if it makes sense you will get an answer, but please stop spamming this Darwin's thread with common stuff or ideas not related to MOT.
Thank you.

Please tell me why you publish your trades on Darwinex ?
Do get investors money correct ?

Thats all I am asking tell the truth that you are looking investors for MOT.

Please tell me why you publish your trades on Darwinex ?
Do get investors money correct ?

Thats all I am asking tell the truth that you are looking investors for MOT.
If I would not have opened this thread, I'm sure somebody would ask me for it after discovering my Darwin at Darwinex.
So it looks better for all if I open this thread after publishing the Darwin instead of waiting for a request.

And I can only answer again, that you are always wrong about my position about investor money.
To say it clearly also again: No, I'm not hunting for investor money by publishing here.
How often do you want to read that?
you should be aware that the trader only makes money or not when the investors sells his investment. So IMO any race for investors is senseless, we had enough discussions about it in the old forum.
Stop immediately to play the judge here that (only) you know what I'm thinking.
And - also again - I'm not writing about investing here, there are other threads made for.
If you are so interested in the intention of the content of the signature, why don't you ask other traders like @CavaliereVerde about the similar content of their signature?
Again:
please stop spamming this Darwin's thread with common stuff or ideas not related to MOT.

Creating a Darwin is not only to bait investors but is also a powerful tool to monitor and diagnose the strategy.
Presenting the Darwin here is also a way to collect opinions from other colleagues/competitors.
There is a handful of members that are using Darwinex for many years and can provide constructive criticism.

MOT started in the DarwinIA competition for March 2023 with rank 768 out of 5,135 Darwins.
The current rank is 827, the D-Score raised to 25.16 (+ 6.94 against February, 3rd).
1677875992356.png

1677876168249.png

The minimum equity shown would be used for the notional DarwinIA allocation if a price was won, but for that there are a few months to wait to be eligible.

The Rs attribute looks very stable now with a value of about 7.5, but the La attribute couldn't be held above 3.

So it's less important how much profit could be accumulated in the next few months.

I couldn't hold the VaR below 40, but below 42 until now.
1677876290035.png

As the target VaR is activated, all trades for the next 12 D-periods (about 12 months) will be traded with a replication factor from a Var of 41.61% (the maximum during the last 12 D-periods) until the VaR drops below 50% of this value.
If the trading account recovers, the Darwin's share of the recovery will be cut up to 50%.

Last edited: