• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] JRT by JgaInvestments - gerson3366

JRT continues in DD for the moment, my brother and I continue to manage it with patience and following rules, maybe we made a mistake which was to reduce the range of losses (STOP LOST) this we lowered it to half, which made many operations close and then take the course.

The decision was taken based on the movements generated in the market by the Covid-19, however it may not have been a correct decision (there is no way to know).

in 2021 we started trading as normal, as always, SL at 0.5% (currently in underlying).

GVQ was simply stopped trading due to its charting, as it would not be attractive to the average investor. Therefore a new account was started, which we aspire to resume the GVQ strategy from scratch.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reactions: TLN
GVQ was simply stopped trading due to its charting, as it would not be attractive to the average investor. Therefore a new account was started, which we aspire to resume the GVQ strategy from scratch.
Hi @CavaliereVerde, @ASGTrade : do you think this action is good move?
Should we give up a Darwinian which experienced over 20% DD or still patient to demonstrate our skill to get it recovered?
"This darwin will be closed, a new one will be opened with the same strategy, but without the rotation of pairs, that means, only 1 operation per week will be used. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware that the type of investors of Darwinex, will not invest in a darwin with 20% draw dow"

Hi @CavaliereVerde, @ASGTrade : do you think this action is good move?
Should we give up a Darwinian which experienced over 20% DD or still patient to demonstrate our skill to get it recovered?
"This darwin will be closed, a new one will be opened with the same strategy, but without the rotation of pairs, that means, only 1 operation per week will be used. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware that the type of investors of Darwinex, will not invest in a darwin with 20% draw dow"
It's a matter of choice. But it's the reality on ground. If your darwin doesn't have any investors, there is no need trying to recover any drawdown greater than 10%. Like he said, the average investor won't look at it and that's true. They prefer single digit drawdown.

So use the single digit drawdown and attract them first, if you have a double digit drawdown later like HFD, CIS and LVS, you will still have $500k+ under management. It's funny but that's the reality.

Maybe if Darwinex removes that useless "drawdown since inception" metric from the page, the situation will change. I call it useless because in all cases, no two drawdowns are the same. Showing how much drawdown has happened in one month to two years is enough.

For me, I didn't quit when I had -20% dd on the Darwin because I had investors I felt obligated to dig out of the drawdown.. But most importantly, I didn't want to lose the EX I had accumulated. Now the EX is no longer important but I also don't want to waste 1 year building history to compete in Darwinia.

If they end Darwinia today, I am definitely starting a new account (assuming the same situation with investors persists) because the "bragging rights" that come with having 3-5 years trackrecord don't mean much for the average investor crowd. Maybe it will in 4 or 5 years time but for now, it doesn't. You need eye candy history to attract investors quickly.. Or regular huge yearly profit like SRI is doing.

Even with SRI, you can be sure he would have more than $3m if he had same results on a single digit DD since inception. People don't care that his DD came at the very start and that he has obviously changed a lot since then. They just see that stamp and look away. Or he doesn't even appear in their filters. Someone that has the best non-migrated result on the platform in the last two years. 9% DD on over 75% return!

If the PDC guy managed to do his gambling long enough to get above 60 D-score and maintain a single digit DD for a year, he will get more investors than many actual traders. That's the truth.

Last edited:
If they end Darwinia today, I am definitely starting a new account (assuming the same situation with investors persists) because the "bragging rights" that come with having 3-5 years trackrecord don't mean much for the average investor crowd
Thank you! I got your points.
In sum:
- If we target Darwinia, just keep and try to recover.
- If we target average investors, just give up and try to build another one with 1 digit of DD.
^^
Hello @JgaInvestments, I got your choice.

@TrungLN Be careful.There is a third option one day darwinex will organically or with personal connections attract big investors.For them the length of trackrecord and number of recovered DD will be paramount.And they will invest in broad,well diversified portfolios of darwins serious money for long term.
That is,if there will ever be a broad base of solid,serious and persistent traders here.If you people continue with opening and closing darwins there will be a problem.
Sorry for spamming GVQ thread.

Maybe if Darwinex removes that useless "drawdown since inception" metric from the page, the situation will change. I call it useless because in all cases, no two drawdowns are the same. Showing how much drawdown has happened in one month to two years is enough.
IMO they should not remove the figure completely as you have that figure on all pages of any competitors. They hide enough in some metrics where the maximum past ist 12 periods. And the DD shown is calculated on snapshots and not the real max. DD, that's usually 1 % or more worse.
But they should replace the figure on top with the "2 years DD" as you cannot even select "DD since inception" in a filter.
Traders are able to learn, algos not, but traders are able to configure algos for better results.
It would also be interesting to show on a graph the developement of the max. DD for the different periods related to the performance of the same period.

Hola, [USER = 595490] @CavaliereVerde [/ USER], [USER = 595554] @ASGTrade [/ USER]: ¿Crees que esta acción es una buena jugada?
¿Deberíamos renunciar a un darwiniano que experimentó más de un 20% de DD o que todavía sería paciente para demostrar nuestra habilidad para recuperarlo?
"Este darwin se cerrará, se abrirá uno nuevo con la misma estrategia, pero sin la rotación de pares, es decir, solo se utilizará 1 operación por semana. Disculpe las molestias. Somos conscientes del tipo de inversores de Darwinex, no invertirá en un Darwin con un 20% de dow "
No, no estoy de acuerdo con eso, pero ¿qué puede hacer cuando sabe que incluso si se recupera no recibirá inversiones? Fue una decisión en la que se pensó durante mucho tiempo, incluso está sobre la mesa, solo para quedarse con una estrategia.