• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] HZU by MartynasT

Dear @CavaliereVerde , first of all, thank you for providing a 'new home' for conversations and nice words about my Darwin (HZU)

I will mostly duplicate from the original space and add something that has changed during the last months:

BACKGROUND

For the last 15 years I have been involved in financial markets (private investor / financial analyst/portfolio manager) but never really day traded in currency markets until last year January. I do understand all the risks and know poor statistics for retail customers, so my expectations were fairly limited.

STRATEGY

I am a fully manual trader. Trading strategy is based on correlation analysis, pattern recognition, and a private set of technical analysis indicators. I have experience (8years) in a professional technical analysis company, so this tool is my primary gun. I trade main currency pairs plus some commodities (gold/silver/oil) and stock indices (S&P 500/Dax30). No martingale, no grid. My goal is stable growth, this could be 10%, 20% or even more per annum with fairly limited drawdown (-10%). Each month I start from scratch and trying to be more conservative at the beginning until I have accumulated some gains.

DARWINEX

From what I experienced, trading in FX markets is a mentally very hard job, but on the other hand it could be very well rewarded. Then I started I was fully blinded by a high hit ratio until I found Darwinex. Here it means almost nothing and other parameters are more important. I found it suitable for me to track my trading characteristics because I want to state it clearly what despite nice returns last year and this year I am not very happy about my trading, especially loss aversion behavior.

FINAL REMARKS

I know how it is important to know the person on the strategy behind, so here I feel it’s about time to introduce myself. I feel that I am in the right place here which will help me to grow as a trader and reach my objectives in the future ahead. I will post an update about my trading at least once in a month, but if you have any questions, just post here, I am checking my favorite forums almost every day.

All the best,
MartynasT

Dear @CavaliereVerde , first of all, thank you for providing a 'new home' for conversations and nice words about my Darwin (HZU)

I will mostly duplicate from the original space and add something that has changed during the last months:

BACKGROUND

For the last 15 years I have been involved in financial markets (private investor / financial analyst/portfolio manager) but never really day traded in currency markets until last year January. I do understand all the risks and know poor statistics for retail customers, so my expectations were fairly limited.

STRATEGY

I am a fully manual trader. Trading strategy is based on correlation analysis, pattern recognition, and a private set of technical analysis indicators. I have experience (8years) in a professional technical analysis company, so this tool is my primary gun. I trade main currency pairs plus some commodities (gold/silver/oil) and stock indices (S&P 500/Dax30). No martingale, no grid. My goal is stable growth, this could be 10%, 20% or even more per annum with fairly limited drawdown (-10%). Each month I start from scratch and trying to be more conservative at the beginning until I have accumulated some gains.

DARWINEX

From what I experienced, trading in FX markets is a mentally very hard job, but on the other hand it could be very well rewarded. Then I started I was fully blinded by a high hit ratio until I found Darwinex. Here it means almost nothing and other parameters are more important. I found it suitable for me to track my trading characteristics because I want to state it clearly what despite nice returns last year and this year I am not very happy about my trading, especially loss aversion behavior.

FINAL REMARKS

I know how it is important to know the person on the strategy behind, so here I feel it’s about time to introduce myself. I feel that I am in the right place here which will help me to grow as a trader and reach my objectives in the future ahead. I will post an update about my trading at least once in a month, but if you have any questions, just post here, I am checking my favorite forums almost every day.

All the best,
MartynasT

Your Darwin looks interesting . One Darwin I analyse

One step forward, two steps back. That's basically the way of my trading during September. The net result for the month is positive (I won't be trading the last day of month and quarter), but was much better within a month:

Darwin.JPG

Underlying strategy:

underlying.JPG

One thing to notice - I have slightly changed my trading style after the last big hit in early June. Now I am rarely holding positions overnight, cutting my losses no matter their size, and trying to begin the new day fresh (exception - leaving an open position with a profitable or near breakeven SL). Overholding losing positions most of the time cost me even more. And all I can say - it's like any new habit, you have to do it many times until it gets natural and normal for you. Admitting I was wrong was really hard for me during the first year of trading, but the difference is visible on the performance chart:

journal2.jpg

To get a better replication of my underlying strategy, I am still in progress lowering my VaR, it is taking time, but hopefully next month I will approach my interim target below 20:

VAR.JPG

All the best,
MartynasT

Two years ago I made a decision to exit banking job and start trading full time. I have never done it before and I must say it was a great decision. I have experienced and learned a lot during those two years and I hope to return trading sometime in the future. Why do I stop? Simply because I received a job offer I can't ignore, so from the middle of October I have joined probably the biggest family office in my small country.

On the same day I signed the contract papers I have changed my Darwin description and contacted people who invested asking to sell my Darwin, cause I know I won't be able to maintain my full focus on trading. This is what happens when you start gambling :

trading.JPG

I was longing DAX and closed in a loss just before the biggest jump this year, shit happens :)

Overall I don't feel I was doing very bad compared with many disappointments on the Darwinex this year:

Darwin_1106.jpg

Putting all together, I will probably keep my Darwin trading time from time, maybe puting a bit more risk and allowing to float possitions for longer, but have to state it clearly here: IT'S NOT AN INVESTIBLE DARWIN rather an experimental one from now on. There is still a 60k Darwinia allocation, so it's worth risking :)

It was my pleasure to join the Darwinex comunity and I hope to return some day, goodluck in your trading!

All the best,
MartynasT