Daily Dax

Hi foale

Can you share your modified stochastic with us?
It might of saved me from those two trades that i got whipsawed on .

Modified Stochastic..

this am trades based entirely on the X over of my 5 min modified stochastic trading only when it was over 75 or less than 25 and there was a X over would have given the following:

long at 5670 short 5675 long 5670 short 5685 long 5682 still long from 8am to now
This is a theoretical price that I have picked off esignal. Spreadbetters would skew you around this price in their quotes in their favour. I would never trade in this way, but use it as one of my indiciators along the way.

the corresponding 15 minute would have been long from the open and exit at 5682

I have purchased this as an add on to my esignal software and then modified the parameters generally then specifically for a good fit for each of my different time frames

Last edited:
Completely missed that rise...
Still I dont like to trade over the figures, its such a lottery

Hopefully though it will liven the market up for later on..

I have started to take an interest in the DAX30 index and am trying to find a 60 minutes chart for this.
I have tried Big Charts and Stock Charts .com,but they don't appear to have any DAX charts available.
If any one can help i would be grateful.

I have a small long going into tomorrow.

EDIT : Cut it this am as near term direction less certain

Last edited:
Hi Fluke

I dont know of any real time free chart source, but there must be one
I get mine from esignal

Of course.you can get "their quote version" free from any spreadbetting Company, but of course its always skewed in their favoured direction. So fluctuates around the actual price.

Still its a start and its free...

Last edited:
Now I know why I typed in that signature !!

Idiot Idiot... Had a small short trading around breakeven at 1:30...FORGOT about the figures...
and so we have Todays Idiot trade..!!

foale
dont beat your self up
you make a mistake, its not the end of the world
move on to the next trade

as long as you get more right then wrong thats ok
kind regards
hornblower

Thanks for that. Joules

"..largest trend degree..."

Could I be cheeky and request a medium term graph of the Dax..with some Fib levels

I have the sneaky feeling that...you may well have one. LOL

For my part...I felt I had to go to a yearly chart to see the retracement back to 6162 with 5240 as the low.we are smack on the 61.8 at 5810. I am sure you have refined this much further..and would appreciate any input. 5900 seems to mark the end of the first fall.. from the highs, but I cannot see any fib reference to that level.

Thanks for the link Joules.
I tried to get the Dax chart by typing in Dax 30 but this does'nt bring up the chart,can you provide the epic code and I will then try again.

Hi Joules
elliott wave is very subjective
are you saying that this is an, a.b.c. correction down wave
kind regards
hornblower

Joules MM1 said:
Is there an analysis that is not subjective?

As notatesd on the chart (ABC) is an up-down-up, corrective pattern, to correct, or retrace, the decline since the May high and as it's the largest degree, since the high, it is an interpretation of the patterns make-up and the whole sequence I am counting a B wave (cicled) which anticipates (once the smaller up channel is completed) a longer downmove to below June 30 low making for a larger zigzag down that corrects the whole move since 12th Aug 2004...this is the degree I am planning around...

I'm glad you cleared that one up.... :confused:

The Dow is 40 points higher than close last night...
Dax is up 5 ish from its futures level to the same time

with a run down and up about 35 points along the way...

Been a day for me to largely sit on the sidelines.

I have an idea. Anyone cares logging in to skype during market hours, and just call out trades. Not a lot of room for chatting since market is open, but maybe once a week, we can do something like this.

redduke

Market seems to be getting fed up with this trading area...
and trying to break out...

Near term direction still seems unclear..and no NY figures due to act as a catalyst

I still feel 5800 before 5850 but only trading what I see..athough
above 5840 I certainly would not be short, short term.

Question is how that "piercing" down to 5815 plays out..