Daily Dax

foale said:
There does not seem to be regular posts on the Dax.

I have moved from trading the Ftse to the Dax

I want to trade an index that has smooth linear moves
thats lines of resisitnace and support placed by me..are exactly that

I dont want to trade and index hugely weighted in terms of sectors
eg FTSE with OIL and Banks

In short I want an easy life..with an index that I can read..

======================================================

I'm interested in week ahead looks at European indices, particularly the DAX for the same reasons you said. Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Angus

Hi

Is there a Index that leads the DAX ? Also does anyone know of a website, that one can track the 30 stocks that make up the index, to see how they are trading live .

Hi Not Today,

Not sure what you mean by a website, but any decent charting package can show you the stocks for any major exchange. You can try E-signal or TradeStation.

As far a leading, I have been asking myself the same question. Sometimes DAX is being lead by Euro Stoxx 50, but sometimes it is vise versa, so this can not be trusted.

I do find trading Stoxx is easier because it is not as jumpy as DAX, but when things get very quite DAX is a better instrument IMO.

Regards,
redduke

Thanks RedDuke
Im researching the DAX ,because i think it gives good bang for buck.In Australia one point move on the DAX is worth about $42 Aussie.
If buying and selling intraday ,at market what is the average slippage one could expect.

The SPI here only trades vol of about 20,000 avg per day, at least the DAX seems very liquid.

Thanks NT

Not Today said:
If buying and selling intraday ,at market what is the average slippage one could expect.
Thanks NT

Bid/Ask spread is typically half a point (1 tick), but when it's really moving, stops can slip up to several points.

Not Today,

If you trade around 5 cars a clip, usually no slipage during non news times.

redduke

Thanks
dcraig,Redduke

Basic Question does 5 cars a clip mean 5contracts? I wouldnt be game to trade more than one.

cheers NT

yes that's what it means. You will only be trading one in the beginning, but you will start increasing size once you get better at it. Also, I highly recommend trading it on simulator first to test if your methodology works. Simulators these days are as it was a real market.

redduke

Does anyone know of any active forums or blogs that relate to day trading the Dax futures?

Thanks Not Today

I was wondering about the same. Would be interesting to talk to active dax and euro stoxx day traders.

Not Today said:
Does anyone know of any active forums or blogs that relate to day trading the Dax futures?

Thanks Not Today

I've posted many intraday DAX charts in my journal.
Care to take a look? Feel free to comment...

few nice runs up and down last few days
long at the moment

edit closed for 23 pts
I had to go out lunch time
did not get back in after lunch

Last edited:
not today...red Duke

I also would like to see this...
there are quite a few Dax traders about
many of which do the Stoxx30 and the US etc..

Still if we all post our thoughts...maybe this could be the active Dax traders thread :)

I have to say that despite starting this thread I have been inconsistant with my posts...
although in this summer market...sometimes direction really not clear..

Yesterday was great though.. and took out a good few points
once it was clear that the world was not in fact coming to an end..

Dax attempting to break support in several time frames at 5623 area
Holding so far...even though Dow futures sub 11100

Hi Joules
Trust you are ok

Yes your comment just about sums things up on the Dax...

trouble is that both

a) base building and
b) probing support..look the same

until it breaks lower...

Maybe a small short a little higher with a tight stop
maybe do nothing the best option...until things become clearer

very short term I feel downside pressure willl dominate

Hi Foale,

Do you mind elaborating a bit on how you trade DAX?

I trade it off 1 min charts, so I have plenty of entries during day, and do not pay heed to major support resistance because for my style it does not matter much. I will not trade around major news and wait for dust to settle down, other wise I am in and out as long as there a valid opportunity. I go for anywhere between 10-20 ticks (ideally closer to 10 to have 2:1 risk/reward), and risk about 8-10 ticks.

Regards,
redduke

Hi RedDuke

When you say a tick that is 0.5pt 12.50 EUR
1pt 25.00 EUR is that correct?

Ive been backtesting some 2 min charts ,and it seems that the smallest stop that i can use is 5pts. Any closer than that and noise takes me out. My target is 5pts, i hope that r/r ratio will be ok , my strike rate seems to be good.

If i trade real time i will trade i contract for a long time, with the idea of later trading 2 contracts selling 1 at 5pts then trailing the other to try and catch a trend and improve the r/r ratio.

Also i will only be trading the first two hours 4pm to 6pm Aussie time.

cheers