Daily Dax

This market is getting tiered, narrow ranges then reversal for me Im deffantly not a buyer at curent levels.
Will be shorting this next week or today if 5807 gets breached tothe down side.

Hi swager...

I am sitting here wondering if this time next week we will be saying.."so thats what it was all about "
so many sellers were hidden in that last push in the Dax 5815-40 area..thats why we made little progress ( just hope I am not re reading this embarrassingly at 6000 )

Certainly the markets down seem NOT to have factored in any possible downside from the US.

A fall if it comes is likey to be swift...to put those long well offside..

Hi Foale,
The adax has out performed euro index's over the last few weeks, so it has further point to fall in my opinion.
Its true we are in a rising market and 1400 on SPX and 13,000 on the Dow is in vision for next year.
However we must not forget that every good bull market has corrections.
One of these corrections is about to happen starting thisafternoon and next week.

Im a SHORT TERM BEAR , then a BULL beginging of Sep then a BULL begining of OCT then A BEAR from 18th---28th OCT.

I could explain but done that once before and got a hell of a lot of hasstle in the prossess.

HE WHO DEARES WINS

Interesting rally in the US continued overnight should take us back up towards the recent highs again.

Cant help feeling this is more about the back end of August than a change in the short term trend

Ftse more likely to get up towards 6000 than Dax at 5900 imo, as still feel the selling in the 5830-40 area will provide lots of resistance.

5815 good try to get over...but I feel too many short this already to see reaching any higher atm

Anything approaching the 5825-45 area heavily sold into yesterday...
expecting more othe same today.

Not Today said:
HI

At approx 10.00am did the dax go from approx 5758 to 5798 in 4 min or is my free data wrong

I think the data is wrong..It did swing but it was not that much and it was due to German IFO numbers coming out at 9 am GMT

Interesting price action this am...

There is certainly accumulation at the lows...these last few days.

I dont expect any breakout from the 5740 to 5815 area this side of the Bank Holiday though
Looks like shorters were caught a bit off guard this am..

Funny someone was just telling me to watch for that the other day :)

Bunds could go higher from 117,62. The signal is not strong, but the is a change. Im talking about trading very short term.

DAX versus other indices?

I was wondering if anybody had an opinion about the difficulty level of trading DAX or how you view this instrument as opposed to other indices. Probably more volatile, but is there anybody who has traded another instrument an turned to DAX or vice versa and has anything to comment on that? I'm interested in hearing what they have to say.

I swapped from trading the FTse as I got fed up with its bank and Oil dominance...
Its price stickyness and irrational moves...

Dax much smoother...likes to trend....more volatile/ fluid than the ftse in general...
Beware of early afternoon fondness for price slides...

Well Dax looks uncomfortable here...feels like a staging post...either needs quickly to push up to 5825-40 area or get back under...5800 to the 5780 area...

I favour the latter as unless solid underlying demand..shorts will want to push things down again...

Dax not giving up v strong.......a break here at 5815 area would open up 5845 area again...

small short up here...5840 big resistance...level few days ago..its not gone away

I sense the shorters might see this as a small skirmish they can win..at least for today
batting against the 5840 level.

Euro /USD off after the results too.

Risky one with a tight stop