Daily CAC 40

Dinos

Veteren member
Hello, some of you will already know me from the DOW & DAX threads, I'm predominantly a short term or position trader, (which ever way you prefer to term it).

I trade this index off the hourly charts and it is proving to be a nice "cash cow" whilst I day trade other indices.

I'm just trying to gauge whether anybody would be interested and joining such a forum?

I'm currently away on holiday, but return back to trading next week, so if you are interested, please let me know, and I'll get things moving next week.

Hi Dinos, I'd be interested mate. I spend quite a bit of time over in FrogLand, so it would be nice to earn a bit out of them, to redress the balance a bit.

An hourly strat sounds interesting, as I am predominatly 3/5/10 mins ( as per my Ibex thread)

Until next week then........

Hi Nick,

Thanks, there is 2 of us at least, a couple more and off we go

Hi Dinos,

I watch the Cac for a few hours in the morning session so count me in !

Ian

Hello, some of you will already know me from the DOW & DAX threads, I'm predominantly a short term or position trader, (which ever way you prefer to term it).

I trade this index off the hourly charts and it is proving to be a nice "cash cow" whilst I day trade other indices.

I'm just trying to gauge whether anybody would be interested and joining such a forum?

I'm currently away on holiday, but return back to trading next week, so if you are interested, please let me know, and I'll get things moving next week.

And then there were 4...............:cheesy:

Yep count me in Dinos.

Its a goer

Good news, theres at least 5 of us, I'll start the ball rolling and get things developed for next week, with thoughts and ideas how I would like to see the thread develop.

for you info, a quick analysis at the system I anticipate putting on the thread shows a return of approximately 900pips over a 15 day period from 7 trades with no false signals given.

Until next week, anybody welcome, as long as your input is constructive and friendly, thats all I ask.

Good news, theres at least 5 of us, I'll start the ball rolling and get things developed for next week, with thoughts and ideas how I would like to see the thread develop.

for you info, a quick analysis at the system I anticipate putting on the thread shows a return of approximately 900pips over a 15 day period from 7 trades with no false signals given.

Until next week, anybody welcome, as long as your input is constructive and friendly, thats all I ask.

This is the sort of thread we need...... great stuff Dinos.

Right then.

Monday 8.00am, showered, teeth brushed, clean pants - ready for the off... :LOL:

I'm in too.
Your thread but....
I've got 2 profitable systems for trading the CAC. I have been testing the 2 systems since last November on the CAC and 6 other indexes. On the CAC I've made 627 points with one and 1150 with the other, mostly theoretically. Just started trading for real recently. Fingers crossed. Having a slight problem on exits though. I like trailing stops basically, but get upset when profit evaporates.
Sometimes in hindsight the stop was too close and sometimes not close enough. I guess this is just the way it goes though.

Do you use trailing stops ?
I prefer the CAC to Nikkei which is another good one because of the smaller figures.

Look forward to Monday (may be a holiday in US)

Hi Dinos, great idea.

I didn't realize you were interested in CAC40, as it's also a market I watch, but there's little next to no interest on T2W for the French index... so you can count on my interest.

However I'll be away in the first half of September so if you want input from my side it's going to have to wait till I get back. I'll be more than happy to share my views with you (and others who are interested).

I like the CAC40 because it usually moves similar to DAX but is less "spikey" if you know what I mean.

Good Morning

"I owe, I owe, its back to work I go", morning one and all, will be coming up to speed over the next day or so, so may be quite, but will post asap.

Firewalker, the CAC is as you say similiar to the DAX, but more conservative imo, I do trade quite a few areas, but a lesson I learnt many years ago, "only let people know what they need to know", and I intend no offense to anybody in that statement, enjoy your holiday and speak soon, hope the thesis is going well.

Pleased with the response, let hope we can get this going.

Count me in too Dino, I have been concentrating on trading the FTSE (off 60min bars) with some success these last few months.

Thus, I am interested in branching out and having a look at the CAC as well during the morning, a couple more pts per day won't do my account any harm.

Cheers
Daz

Boring old day on Frenchie today - although much the same 'all over the plaice' **

It sometimes annoys me that we need the US markets open to get the European Indices going. :mad:

** care of Basil Fawlty

Alors Mes Ami
Dont want to seem pushy, but weren't we going to trade the CAC today ?
Got me franglais out of the cupboard specially.

As someone mentioned earlier - today had one of the smallest daily ranges of the year - not a good day for daytrading.

It is Labor Day in the US and the rest of the world are afraid to buy or sell without any lead from the States !

I just about managed to wangle 10 pts off the FTSE today. Next year I am taking US Labor Day off even though I live in South Wales..............

"the rest of the world are afraid to buy or sell without any lead from the States"

Quite true - and strangely pathetic....

CAC40 binaries?

My first post here, it's funny how I registered today just to search to forum and find out what people where saying about CAC40 trading possibilities...

I am looking for a CAC binary similar to ig 's binaries, but apparently that's not easy to find...B4T have CAC binaries, but over 3 days only...I'd like something more dynamic.
Does anyone know where I could look? Thanks!

My first post here, it's funny how I registered today just to search to forum and find out what people where saying about CAC40 trading possibilities...

I am looking for a CAC binary similar to ig 's binaries, but apparently that's not easy to find...B4T have CAC binaries, but over 3 days only...I'd like something more dynamic.
Does anyone know where I could look? Thanks!

hi thrstn,

welcome to t2w, sorry but i am unaware of any where that carries a daily or hourly binary for the cac, maybe check out binarybet.com but don't think i have seen one there, or alternatively try betonmarkets.com might not be a binary but i think they offer some kind of fixed odds bet for the cac. but that would be less dynamic than a binary in it nature...

Hi all, I am around, and will be actively trading from Wednesday, so I will get the thread going, great to see a good bit of interest, hopefully, we all can earn from this. Speak tomorrow