Daily CAC 40

Good show Dinos. CAC's got a bit more lively this morning - managed a quick 9 pips just before lunch, hopefully a bit more once the US finnishes breakfast and gets their trousers on....

Morning

Will be trading the hourly chart, indicators I will be using:-

DEMA (8)
MA (10)

Trend Line MA 34

MACD (12,26,9)
Stochastics (14,3,3)

Looking to enter on the crossing of the DEMA/MA, (a) if I want a safe entry, taking only positions with the trend or (b) a more risky position, trading both ways ignoring the trend line.

On the attachment, I have highlighted the entry points, no false signals were generated, every crossover is acted upon.

On the crossover, moving to lower timeframes to gain maximum beneficial entry point.

Attachment highlight entry points, MACD, Stochastic which if applied correctly will gauge the authenticity of the trade.

Exit, between the low of the move and the reversal crossover.

Will be interesting to here everybodys view, and perhaps adapt/change as we go.

I will post my entrys just after they happen, and re-visit to edit why I took that position, I don't expect to be posting large amounts as the trade will probably last a few days, but lets see how we go

Attachments

• CAC 40.png
    CAC 40.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 306
Morning Dinos - Looks good, is this a strat you've been trading for a while ?

Morning Nick,

Yes, works well, not very stressful. whilst I'm waiting for things to develop on the hour chart, I went short on the 10 min chart at 5655

Nick, depends what I'm after, on this trade, with the 3 & 4 hourly charts in position for beginning their downtrend, I'm likely to ride it down using these charts, but remain aware of the lower timeframes & potential news releases which may affect direction, you in?

With the 10, 15 & 30 min charts look at the bottom of their range, I could close the position and re-enter higher later

I'm in, mate - for sure. I'll play around with some different MACD & Stoch settings later (the ones I usually use for the Dax/Dow). Mucking about with the Dax now - got to keep an eye out, I'm on 3 min charts :(

Great Nick, will be interesting to get your perspective, look forward to it, good luck with the DAX, I'm short NAS from last night 2024, so we'll see what develops.

Morning Nick,

Yes, works well, not very stressful. whilst I'm waiting for things to develop on the hour chart, I went short on the 10 min chart at 5655

Hi Dinos,

Was there not also an entry from the hour chart using your strat ? Or am I missing something as usual...............:eek:

With the 10, 15 & 30 min charts look at the bottom of their range, I could close the position and re-enter higher later

Watching the 5 min. chart, I've got a pivot point at 5623 (Sept Fut) so we may see a temporary halt there today, so could be correct in you strategy (quote above)

Ziff

Correct, I jumped the gun, by taking a position on the 15 chart, if I had not taken this I would have taken the hour trade.

Looking good at the minute, sub hour time frames, all bottom of the stoch range, the 1 & 2 hourly's looking good for further movement southward at the min, the 3 & 4 hourly, perhaps ready to fall after DEMA/MA/MACD Crossover, stochastic heading for confirmation by breaking 90

Have locked in 30 pips to protect the trade, love days like this, can't lose now, time for lunch

Watching the 5 min. chart, I've got a pivot point at 5623 (Sept Fut) so we may see a temporary halt there today, so could be correct in you strategy (quote above)

Whoops - well, went through 5623 like a hot knife through butter..... Must check my maths !!

Closed position at 15 for +40pips.

Reason, I'm still looking to for further decline as per 3 & 4 Hours charts, however, intraday now 10 min chart looking for a pull back, hopefully will get another entry later on.

Now Flat

Oh dear just found out my cheapo data feed doesn't support CAC intraday.
But will check in occasionally to see how you guys are getting on - au revoir et bon chance

Looks like I've got the cheapo SB co as well. They do the tick chart but no indicators.

Who do you use ?

Dinos right - CMC good, Cap Spreads ok as well (same as Finspreads)

Correct me please, but I believe quite a few SB companies will allow you play with their platform with depositing any wonga - have a trawl Pat.