New Forum

Grey1

I just had an email from Sharky that he is on holiday and on his return he will open a new forum for the Program Trade team

since the thread seems to have gone quite are ya still interested in it or not

please let me know

Grey1

I am either or but if everyone feels more comfortable with a new forum I have no problems

its mainly up to the menbers here that have contributed most with there experience and knowledge. its there hard work that there welling to share with us.

I just had an email from Sharky that he is on holiday and on his return he will open a new forum for the Program Trade team

since the thread seems to have gone quite are ya still interested in it or not

please let me know

Grey1

Hi Grey1

It seems to me there are (at least) two key issues relating to a new Private Forum for the Program Trade threads. Firstly, perhaps it is a great idea to have a focussed and dedicated forum (strictly moderated) which will focus on the project at hand and be seperated from other potentially distracting matters. The second issue, I suppose, is who is granted access to this forum, under what conditions, and then, of course, who is going to make these decisions? This would seem to be the much more dificult area.

You, yourself, have shared vast knowledge and experience here and I reckon you have been happy do so with hardly any restrictions and certainly with no material reward. Maybe all the individual aspects of a trading strategy/system should remain on the main TT and then if two or more people feel that they want to get together and put in the effort/resource to produce automated code for themselves then of course they are free to do so.

Just "thinking outload".

Cheers
Steve

Hi Grey1

It seems to me there are (at least) two key issues relating to a new Private Forum for the Program Trade threads. Firstly, perhaps it is a great idea to have a focussed and dedicated forum (strictly moderated) which will focus on the project at hand and be seperated from other potentially distracting matters. The second issue, I suppose, is who is granted access to this forum, under what conditions, and then, of course, who is going to make these decisions? This would seem to be the much more dificult area.

You, yourself, have shared vast knowledge and experience here and I reckon you have been happy do so with hardly any restrictions and certainly with no material reward. Maybe all the individual aspects of a trading strategy/system should remain on the main TT and then if two or more people feel that they want to get together and put in the effort/resource to produce automated code for themselves then of course they are free to do so.

Just "thinking outload".

Cheers
Steve

Steve

Thanks,, I wont be able to run , decide or dedicate any time on the new forum ,, I suppose some one else should lead . I leave this to the team . Ofcourse if I donot hear from the main boys then I wont open the forum ..
Grey1