Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

Litecoin founder Charlie Lee says he’s sold all his holdings in the cryptocurrency

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/lit...sells-his-holdings-in-the-cryptocurrency.html

But still a believer :)
Amazing how stupid the people can be :)

There's a news ticker on the cnbc interview...BTC 20% down from the high. What they fail to report is that this money is just moving around the crypto market. Market cap is still rising. Now stands @ $640,605,570,765

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Last edited:
having said this, wish i had foresight to buy a few hundred when they were under 10 bucks, but alas ...i'm a conservative fool :D

I also wish I had the few winning numbers for the Powerball, especially when the jackpot is above half a billion - this is the best return of investment for me, bar none...

I also wish I had the few winning numbers for the Powerball, especially when the jackpot is above half a billion - this is the best return of investment for me, bar none...

i understand, but is there a difference here.

crypto currency was new and intriguing currency concept 10 yrs ago. and bitcoin was in the lead, it was worth a look ..but ..don't have the stones and couldn't afford the flyer :cheesy:

i understand, but is there a difference here.

crypto currency was new and intriguing currency concept 10 yrs ago. and bitcoin was in the lead, it was worth a look ..but ..don't have the stones and couldn't afford the flyer :cheesy:

I do work in IT/Security, so I keep an eye the space and even back then at let's say $30 didn't make sense as an investment... And I am yet to see the block chain technology to be widely used in real life for anything else than tokens...

But let's just say someone gave me a 100 as a gift for example, I would have sold them long time ago after the first 10x run/big drop, so nothing for me personally to feel sorry about...

But let's just say someone gave me a 100 as a gift for example, I would have sold them long time ago after the first 10x run/big drop, so nothing for me personally to feel sorry about...

In 2014 the MIT Bitcoin Club provided each of MIT’s 4,494 undergraduates with $100 in bitcoin. Interestingly, 30% of the students did not even sign up for the free money, and 20% of the sign-ups converted the bitcoin to cash within a few weeks.

Jees if I get one more email from a scammer telling me how to trade bitcoin I will,go mad !!!

Hahahahah

N

At least they are accepted everywhere :LOL:

Of course they are, the smart people have been getting rid of them in exchange for real assets.

The study you and NVP should be doing is looking at all the major currencies and deciding if they have been getting collectively stronger or weaker since the crisis of 2008. If you find that the answer is "weaker", then you have a real conundrum. Where did my purchasing power go? :LOL: Who is stealing from me? Why have my wages not risen in real terms? Why is everything more expensive?

Anyway, as the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink". People need to come to their own realisations about what is going on. Unless of course, they have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.:LOL:

. Where did my purchasing power go? :LOL: Who is stealing from me? Why have my wages not risen in real terms? Why is everything more expensive?

Frankly, it makes me sad you feel that way, especially around Christmas... unfortunately bitcoins is not going to be your salvation especially this late in the game... maybe move to another country to start fresh or something...