Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
I wonder if the administrators get paid in Bitcoin :LOL:
The problem for me in cases like this is who exactly is involved in the hack, did employees also took advantage of the mess to help themselves, etc ...

If my assets are not insured by the government or a large well known insurance company (worst case), I am staying far, far away...

Aug 21, 2004
Manchester
The problem for me in cases like this is who exactly is involved in the hack, did employees also took advantage of the mess to help themselves, etc ...

If my assets are not insured by the government or a large well known insurance company (worst case), I am staying far, far away...
Yeah it's a good point, but then we are not comparing apples. Btw, if the **** does hit the fan, govt and insurance promises will be worthless. I'm sure you understand this though.

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
Yeah it's a good point, but then we are not comparing apples. Btw, if the **** does hit the fan, govt and insurance promises will be worthless. I'm sure you understand this though.
I do, but I don't think crypto or gold are the solution, you'll need few good friends, medicine, water, food, guns + lots of ammo and not necessarily in that order :)

Aug 21, 2004
Manchester
Litecoin founder Charlie Lee says he’s sold all his holdings in the cryptocurrency

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/20/lit...sells-his-holdings-in-the-cryptocurrency.html

But still a believer :)
Amazing how stupid the people can be :)
There's a news ticker on the cnbc interview...BTC 20% down from the high. What they fail to report is that this money is just moving around the crypto market. Market cap is still rising. Now stands @ $640,605,570,765

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

Last edited:

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
having said this, wish i had foresight to buy a few hundred when they were under 10 bucks, but alas ...i'm a conservative fool :D
I also wish I had the few winning numbers for the Powerball, especially when the jackpot is above half a billion - this is the best return of investment for me, bar none...

piphoe

Oct 31, 2015
I also wish I had the few winning numbers for the Powerball, especially when the jackpot is above half a billion - this is the best return of investment for me, bar none...
i understand, but is there a difference here.

crypto currency was new and intriguing currency concept 10 yrs ago. and bitcoin was in the lead, it was worth a look ..but ..don't have the stones and couldn't afford the flyer :cheesy: