Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

New York wants cryptocurrency exchanges to explain themselves, Winklevoss says he'll comply
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/new...n-themselves-winklevoss-says-hell-comply.html

A.G. Schneiderman Launches Inquiry Into Cryptocurrency “Exchanges”
https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-schneiderman-launches-inquiry-cryptocurrency-exchanges

STATE OF NEW YORK OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL VIRTUAL MARKETS INTEGRITY INITIATIVE QUESTIONNAIRE

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/virtual_markets_integrity_initiative_questionnaire.pdf

Last edited:
What Bitcoin Is Really Worth May No Longer Be Such a Mystery
Hi Quantt,
I give you full marks for your ability to pour scorn and derision on Cryptos on an almost daily basis, and I accept that many of the articles you link to have merit. However, I'm going to call you out on this one I'm afraid. It's not worth the (virtual) paper it's typed on - for two reasons:
1. Firstly, it's based on a theory written by two economists. And, as everyone knows, they know sweet FA about sweet FA!
2. Secondly, they named it the Côtes du Rhône theory - after the wine they were drinking. Two bottles of it between them, apparently. I stopped reading right there. If they were drinking - I dunno - say a decent Margeaux or something - then their theory might have a drop of credibility. At least it would have a sexy name: The Margeaux Theory. But two bottles of Côtes du Rhône? I don't think so, that's enough to make anyone write tosh!
;)
Tim.

Hi Quantt,
I give you full marks for your ability to pour scorn and derision on Cryptos on an almost daily basis, and I accept that many of the articles you link to have merit. However, I'm going to call you out on this one I'm afraid. It's not worth the (virtual) paper it's typed on - for two reasons:
1. Firstly, it's based on a theory written by two economists. And, as everyone knows, they know sweet FA about sweet FA!
2. Secondly, they named it the Côtes du Rhône theory - after the wine they were drinking. Two bottles of it between them, apparently. I stopped reading right there. If they were drinking - I dunno - say a decent Margeaux or something - then their theory might have a drop of credibility. At least it would have a sexy name: The Margeaux Theory. But two bottles of Côtes du Rhône? I don't think so, that's enough to make anyone write tosh!
;)
Tim.

1. 50% true, one was hedge fund manager...
2. Actually the 2 bottles made them value the bitcoin at $200, but the next day they did the recalculations without the wine and the result was $20

:)

Last edited:
You still sitting on the fence then Quantt?:LOL:

All the hype seems to have died down a bit now, barely anyone mentions bitcoin to me anymore...

You still sitting on the fence then Quantt?:LOL:

All the hype seems to have died down a bit now, barely anyone mentions bitcoin to me anymore...

Security/IT is part of my other job, so I am keeping tabs on any significant plays, even tough I still think blockchain has no mainstream future, just because distributed databases are very expensive to maintain...