Cryptocurrencies: scams and skullduggery

Signalcalc

May 21, 2016
I’m sure I’ve skim read a couple of articles recently where gubberments are taking a serious look at blockchain for reducing voter fraud. And there was another article where blockchain was proposed for other social interactions, I shall go seeking those articles again.

timsk

Mar 18, 2002
Bitcoin Exchange Kraken Goes Down for 40 Hours, Drawing Mt. Gox Comparisons
. . . Aye, for every article highlighting the teething problems associated with cryptos, there's another that demonstrates that major companies are starting to take the space very seriously. This link is the article about Kraken: Ripple and MoneyGram Test XRP Currency Transfers. The freight train is steadily building up speed Quantt - how long will you remain standing in front of it?
:p
Tim.

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
. . . Aye, for every article highlighting the teething problems associated with cryptos, there's another that demonstrates that major companies are starting to take the space very seriously. This link is the article about Kraken: Ripple and MoneyGram Test XRP Currency Transfers. The freight train is steadily building up speed Quantt - how long will you remain standing in front of it?
:p
Tim.
Actually I am remaining on the side of the train wreck: I am neither long or short, so I am just enjoying the **** show...

BTW, the Ripple XRP token is not a based on decentralized blockchain technology...

brewski1984

Sep 9, 2010
I know that headline is trying to imply that Bitcoin is so bad and dangerous that its irrationally causing people to get into debt but that's just the same for any trading/gambling. People max out credit cards and lose their houses on sports betting/trading/poker/snail races, so that's not really specific to Bitcoin.

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
I know that headline is trying to imply that Bitcoin is so bad and dangerous that its irrationally causing people to get into debt but that's just the same for any trading/gambling. People max out credit cards and lose their houses on sports betting/trading/poker/snail races, so that's not really specific to Bitcoin.
You are right, except in a situation like this, a lot more people do it to chase the bubble compared to the other gambling alternatives...