crude oil

Eloyito

I trade crude oil full time on the NYMEX session. If any one is in the same channel I'll be glad to have company. By the way, I'm up 20% for the year. Only trade 1 lot. Daytrade. Hope I can find company on wild ride days.

Hi, I am sorry I am not going to be much of a company, because I am just starting. I started trade live two month ago, daytrade crude oil. I trade only one contract, my acc is only 12k. I made little bit, but i feel like my system need improvment. I was wondering if you could help me little. I was wondering if you could tell me about your way of daytrading crude oil.Thank's Robert

It'll be better some bump news again. something like the crisis, the war, from my view, the trend is up.I'd like to short it around 100.

100k what ccy?

i am short from 9559 CL oct future.

good luck all.

October ?

it's only trading about 30% of the volume of September at the moment isn't it ?

I mean, I could understand a Calendar Spread, but I would welcome your explanation about trading an outright on the front month +1 at this time ?

Can you shed any light that would benefit some of us please ?

October ?

it's only trading about 30% of the volume of September at the moment isn't it ?

I mean, I could understand a Calendar Spread, but I would welcome your explanation about trading an outright on the front month +1 at this time ?

Can you shed any light that would benefit some of us please ?

hi RE,

i have always switched over to the next contract the week before expiry. not sure where your getting your vol figs from - this is the cme data for today:

Vol / Change
Sep 12 134,504 0.58
Oct 12 102,002 0.57

IG index change on day is +0.87% vs 0.88%. Still quite correlated, regardless the vol.

The reason behind me changing is partly habitual: the prop firm i used to trade oil at didn't want 1,000 barrels turning up on delivery cos of posNs being left open to expiry - so you had to change the week before; also technical - as they start to diverge in the final week to expiry (not normally til last 2 days though). Its pretty irrelevant to me now as i am trading through an SB.

Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI)

Please provide the source of the data if you contest.

Thanks.

hi RE,

i have always switched over to the next contract the week before expiry. not sure where your getting your vol figs from - this is the cme data for today:

Vol / Change
Sep 12 134,504 0.58
Oct 12 102,002 0.57

IG index change on day is +0.87% vs 0.88%. Still quite correlated, regardless the vol.

The reason behind me changing is partly habitual: the prop firm i used to trade oil at didn't want 1,000 barrels turning up on delivery cos of posNs being left open to expiry - so you had to change the week before; also technical - as they start to diverge in the final week to expiry (not normally til last 2 days though). Its pretty irrelevant to me now as i am trading through an SB.

Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI)

Please provide the source of the data if you contest.

Thanks.

yep, you're quite right, today's ratio looks about 5:4
I'd looked at yesterday's (and all previous days this week) volumes to confirm the numbers
but I can very well see why the volumes are approaching parity today, thanks to your fine explanation.
many thanks !