Crazy returns!? Or are they???

Yes it can be done and is being done on a daily basis. But you will not find them traders wasting time on here. Many of my colleagues are earning high end 5 or 6 figure sums on a weekly basis.

If you tell yourself that it cannot be done, then you have already defined your limits in the trading arena.

If others can do it, so can you. They found a way, you must find yours. But do not believe that it cannot be done.

i agree (y)
although it's rather difficult, it's very possible
the thing is you have to keep pace with yourself and sanity
also, wise money management with the right philosophy will get you there
but i have a question, is it possible to make 5/6 figures without an (intraday/automated) system?
and are successful systems market-oriented?? like, it just works on forex or nyse :rolleyes:

Anything is possible I believe. But only if you accept and believe you can do it. Doubt wont get you anywhere. Realign your expectations, 1 million is nothing to get excited about, 100 million would be a different story.

I trade with FXCM, and whilst they have their inauspicious quotes every once in a while during volatile periods throughout the day, you learn to deal with it just like any logical person would.

In June my weekly average holding period return was 1.84, daily hpr 1.15 daily hpr sddev 0.16. This past month hasn't been as favourable, for one reason and one reason only, but I'm looking to get back to obtaining similar results soon.

To those of you who think it's the same trading 5 or 6 figure accounts, as it is 7 or 8, you are kidding yourselves. Once you can build up enough consistent returns to be dealing with a solid 7 figure account you stop worrying about trading your own money, and start focusing on establishing a fund. You can't obtain such returns (15% a day), without taking excess risk in terms of true leverage per trade. The markets are too volatile. Something seemingly impossble, can and will happen. Sooner or later there is going to be a trade that does you in, and losing a couple hundred thousand $$ in a day isn't something most 7 figure traders are willing to deal with.

strongboes, your optimistic way of thinking is fantastic. Now you might want to start thinking in a positive manner, that is in alignment with your external environment. If you think 1 million dollars from a 4 or 5 figure account is nothing to get excited about, show me your home, car, bank account and trading account, and then I'll 'believe' you.

To those of you who think it's the same trading 5 or 6 figure accounts, as it is 7 or 8, you are kidding yourselves. Once you can build up enough consistent returns to be dealing with a solid 7 figure account you stop worrying about trading your own money, and start focusing on establishing a fund. You can't obtain such returns (15% a day), without taking excess risk in terms of true leverage per trade. The markets are too volatile. Something seemingly impossble, can and will happen. Sooner or later there is going to be a trade that does you in, and losing a couple hundred thousand $$ in a day isn't something most 7 figure traders are willing to deal with.

I could not agree more... the size of your account alone should really govern the way you trade and the risks your prepared to take.

Moreover I think you should be reducing risk and the kind of intruments you trade as your account gets larger.. of course as any prudent trader sould have a risk plan and money management strategy for when the size of the account changes.. hopefully becomming larger :whistling

Being new to this forum I thought this was a interesting read. Maybe it can be done, but strangely noone has ever showed proof of a mechanical system not failing in the long run. Not once, ever.. on any of the internet forums.. To my knowledge at least. So if it's to be done, it has to be more of a personality trait than anything.

If I had a mechanical system that didn't fail in the long run I don't think I'd have any motivation whatsoever to prove to anybody that it worked - what would I gain? I'd rather spend my time trading it, earning lots of money and then using that money to help me do the things I want to do.

I could not agree more... the size of your account alone should really govern the way you trade and the risks your prepared to take.

Moreover I think you should be reducing risk and the kind of intruments you trade as your account gets larger.. of course as any prudent trader sould have a risk plan and money management strategy for when the size of the account changes.. hopefully becomming larger :whistling
true but at the same rate, with 1M i could be more selective and more prudent in my wealth creation journey :D
but i agree vrothdar, would i be willing to share my amazingly consistent winning systems/techniques/indicators?
i'd only do it if it generated more capital sooner and working in a way as to nullify that very system
and until that point, i could use the volume i'd generate with my signals to trendset the market :cheesy:
wishful thinking but i like strongboes' optimism :smart: