• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 77
US session now...USD faded hard in london session

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 74
solid bull run by AUD in asian session and USD has tanked early london ......

excellent start to 2023 !

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 61
nice London session dominated by early USD sells .....excellent

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 57
nice bull action on JPY in asian session ...CAD selling hard......relatively quiet london session so far .....

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 43
Forex Diary Week ending 6th Jan 2023

Bull
yellow JPY initially , Green USd midweek, Brown CAD at the end

Bear
Red GBP initially , Blue euro, Yellow JPY into week end

rollercoaster week....USD got hit on NFPs

N

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hi NVP and readers of this thread, I thought I would share my observations of three major FX pairs for Friday 6th January, the day of the US NFP and Unemployment Rate.

I attach three hourly charts for GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD that form the triplet for arbitrage. The levels shown in the charts were calculated Thursday evening after the close in New York and were valid for the next 24 hours. The levels in the charts are calculated using a mapping between daily candlesticks for each FX pair. Chart times are London local time minus 4 hours.

From the charts you can see that:
  1. GBPUSD made its low of the day at the level 1.1841 in the 07:00 hour. I have the GBPUSD low for the day as 1.18412
  2. EURGBP made its high of the day at the level 0.8871 in the 06:00 hour. I have the EURGBP high for the day as 0.88715
  3. The high and low for EURUSD were delayed and not about its predicted levels
The figures for the US NFP and the Unemployment Rate were both better than expected so one would assume that this would create a buy USD sentiment. Instead the GBPUSD continued to be bought and EURGBP continued to be sold. Friday was a buy GBP day.

You can also see that EURUSD was following GBPUSD. That means that trading EURUSD was impossible without taking into account that GBPUSD was taking the lead.

Finally the NFP news was essentially ignored by the markets and they continued with their buying GBP sentiment.

gka

Attachments

• 2023-01-06-1800-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-daily-1hr-NFP.png
    2023-01-06-1800-GBPUSD-EURGBP-EURUSD-daily-1hr-NFP.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 47
what a days trading ...the JPY has been unstoppable since Asian open .....

N

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 56
Hi NVP and readers of this thread, I thought I would share my observations of three major FX pairs for Friday 6th January, the day of the US NFP and Unemployment Rate.

I attach three hourly charts for GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD that form the triplet for arbitrage. The levels shown in the charts were calculated Thursday evening after the close in New York and were valid for the next 24 hours. The levels in the charts are calculated using a mapping between daily candlesticks for each FX pair. Chart times are London local time minus 4 hours.

From the charts you can see that:
  1. GBPUSD made its low of the day at the level 1.1841 in the 07:00 hour. I have the GBPUSD low for the day as 1.18412
  2. EURGBP made its high of the day at the level 0.8871 in the 06:00 hour. I have the EURGBP high for the day as 0.88715
  3. The high and low for EURUSD were delayed and not about its predicted levels
The figures for the US NFP and the Unemployment Rate were both better than expected so one would assume that this would create a buy USD sentiment. Instead the GBPUSD continued to be bought and EURGBP continued to be sold. Friday was a buy GBP day.

You can also see that EURUSD was following GBPUSD. That means that trading EURUSD was impossible without taking into account that GBPUSD was taking the lead.

Finally the NFP news was essentially ignored by the markets and they continued with their buying GBP sentiment.

gka
interesting - thanks !

I put a fixstart onto the GU pair and retraced it back to that days trading - ive isolated just the green USD , blue Euro and the red GBP

I saw this on the day :-

GU hit days low at 11:45 GMT (maybe my platform)

NFP impact initially saw all 3 currencies fall slightly ...all correlated

then around 3pm GMT a real move ....GBP went Hot , USD went hard Bear and Euro stayed neutral

Sell USD against other currencies
Buy GBP against other currencies
BIG PLAY GBPUSD Buy

the Neutral Euro would not have been in play for me on any pair at the time

nice days action once it warmed up !

N

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 54
one of my mentors used to play those 3 currencies as a triangle ...he posted on here way back in the day

N

again the JPY is flying today .....Euro the sell on FXPS 15m

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 53
Forex Diary Week ending 20th Jan 2023

Bears
dominated by yellow JPY......Brown CAD on Thursday

Bulls
Red GBP gradually , Early grey CHF and turquoise NZD....

rollercoaster week for JPY....GBP finished strong

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 20th Jan 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 20th Jan 2023.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 44
What is the use of posting "after the event" comments about the forex market? It's as much use as stating what the lottery numbers were on a Monday for the previous Saturday. Just in case anyone is interested, the numbers were:
07 - 09 - 14 - 21 - 30 - 57 and the Bonus ball was 18

Forex Diary Week ending 27th Jan 2023

Bears
dominated by yellow JPY......and Red GBP at times

Bulls
Orange AUD ruled ...flattened later in week ...

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 27th Jan 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 27th Jan 2023.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 30
What is the use of posting "after the event" comments about the forex market? It's as much use as stating what the lottery numbers were on a Monday for the previous Saturday. Just in case anyone is interested, the numbers were:
07 - 09 - 14 - 21 - 30 - 57 and the Bonus ball was 18
because understanding the past is very useful to predicting the future ....

N

Forex Diary Week ending 3rd Feb 2023

Bulls
mainly dominated by yellow JPY, But Greenback USD coming fast .....

Bears
GBP the main Bear story in the week as even as increase in interest rates failed to support it....

on the Daily TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending daily pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 ....with the Bear GBP having 5 pairs in the top 7 .......

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 3rd Feb 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 3rd Feb 2023.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 34
absolutely briliant London session today ...Green USD just fell and fell ...and fell

N

Attachments

• fxcorrelator.JPG
    fxcorrelator.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 40
Forex Diary Week ending 10th Feb 2023

Bulls
Lots of interchangeable currencies in the week but ultimately Red GBP it the high spots on Thursday....Cad was a big finisher into Friday evening

Bears
Early yellow JPY sells on Monday quickly capitulated - Blue Euro took the main selling from late Tuesday

on the Daily TF FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending daily pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 ....with the Bull CAD dominating the top 3 pairs to trade ......

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 10th Feb 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 10th Feb 2023.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 39
Forex Diary Week ending 17th Feb 2023

Bull
Red GBP initially , Blue Euro and Green USD at the end of week

Bear
Yellow JPY ...only brown CAD fell significantly later in week ....

on the Daily FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 ....

on the Fix start indicator (right chart) we saw the big movers hitting highs and lows through the week ....

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market....mainly selling JPY in pairs

N :)

Attachments

• forex Diary 17th Feb 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 17th Feb 2023.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 44