Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Forex Diary Week ending 24th Feb 2023

Bull
Red GBP initially in week , Green USD at the end of week

Bear
Yellow JPY ...brown CAD, Blue Euro , Grey CHf all had a few moments ....

on the 4H FX Powerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 ....

on the Fix start indicator (right chart) we saw the big movers hitting highs and lows through the week ....

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market....especially Friday with USD's dramatic bull run

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 24th Feb 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 24th Feb 2023.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 119
Hi NVP,

I'm looking for a trading 'buddy', someone occasionally to shoot the breeze with throughout the working day.

Unfortunately just lost mine so am looking to chat with someone like minded. I trade and intraday scalp UK stocks only. Be interested in chatting one day, (Been doing this now for ten years so only a child compared to you.)

Cheers Peter

Forex Diary Week ending 3rd Mar 2023

Bull
Red GBP initially in week...nothing much else came good

Bear
Yellow JPY ...brown CAD, Green USD all had a few moments ....

on the daily FXPowerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 ....

on the Fix start indicator (right chart) we saw the big movers hitting highs and lows through the week ....

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market....especially early week and GBPs bull run ....

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 3rd March 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 3rd March 2023.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 81
Hi NVP,

I'm looking for a trading 'buddy', someone occasionally to shoot the breeze with throughout the working day.

Unfortunately just lost mine so am looking to chat with someone like minded. I trade and intraday scalp UK stocks only. Be interested in chatting one day, (Been doing this now for ten years so only a child compared to you.)

Cheers Peter

Hey Peter

I'm so sorry but I'm crazy busy and crammed at the moment.....reach out on here and hopefully someone like minded will step in ...a lot of discord channels out there in the cosmos as well ?

Hey Peter

I'm so sorry but I'm crazy busy and crammed at the moment.....reach out on here and hopefully someone like minded will step in ...a lot of discord channels out there in the cosmos as well ?
No worries, I have but no one has come back just yet. Will have to check out discord, it's something I have never done before.

Forex Diary Week ending 25TH Mar 2023 ( I was on vacation last week)

Bull
Decent Euro this week then JPY had a late bull swing run Wed - Fri

Bear
Yellow JPY to Wed (then see bull run) ...Early turquoise NZD and orange AUD later in week ....

on the daily FXPowerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 ....

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market....especially if you anticipated that awesome JPY bull run up from Wednesday London opens ....

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 25th March 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 25th March 2023.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 63
Forex Diary Week ending 31st Mar 2023 ( I was on vacation last week)

Bull
Decent brown CAD this week ...

Bear
Yellow JPY all week ....sell sell sell

on the hourly FXPowerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 dominated by buying CAD ......

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market....especially if you anticipated and followed that awesome JPY bear run from monday ....

awesome !

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 31st March 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 31st March 2023.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 57
are you playing with AI ?

(well you should be...or you will be left behind)

heres a generic free forex chatbot ...no strings ..it just talks about forex

[MODERATORS - its a chatbot that only talks about forex - no advertising or agenda]

my forex Chatbot

https://poe.com/Forexgpt

Forex Diary Week ending 14th April 2023

Bull
Decent brown CAD this week ...

Bear
solid Yellow JPY all week ....sell sell sell

on the 4hourly FXPowerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 dominated by buying CAD ......

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market....especially if you anticipated and followed that awesome JPY bear run from monday ....

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 14th April 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 14th April 2023.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 51
Forex Diary Week ending 28th Apr 2023

Bull
Decent Red GBP finally emerged on Friday ...

Bear
early brown CAD and Orange AUD selling midweek was overtaken by heavy Yellow JPY selling on Friday ....

on the Daily FXPowerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 dominated by buying GBP and Selling JPY.....

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market....especially if you anticipated and followed that awesome GBPJPY Bull move on Friday ....

awesome !

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 28th April 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 28th April 2023.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 46
Forex Diary Week ending 12th May 2023

Bull
Decent Yellow JPY by Thursday off a huge move from selling earlier in week + Green USD with a late burst ...

Bear
early Yellow JPY weakness (see bulls) then gave way to solid Sells on blue Euro, then later Red GBP and even Brown CAD at times ...

on the Daily FXPowerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 - still dominated by a Bear Euro in top 7 pairs

was a decent week if you followed the relative momentum in the market....especially if you anticipated and followed that awesome JPY swing Bull play from wednesday .........3 pairs killed that !

until next week..

N

Attachments

• forex Diary12th May  2023.JPG
    forex Diary12th May 2023.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 30
Forex Diary 2023 YTD

Bulls
Red GBP and Grey CHF doing well so far .....other players earlier in year like Green USD and Blue Euro have faded....

Bear
early Yellow JPY weakness seen by end of Feb then rallied into march ..but JPY has fallen again and now is having a very bad 2023

on the Weekly FXPowerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 - top 7 still favouring a strong GBP and Weak JPY

on the Fix start indicator (right chart) we saw the big movers hitting highs and lows through the YTD ....

been a good year for traders following the relative momentum in the market....especially if you anticipated and followed that awesome double JPY sell ...hitting the best bullish currencies at those times (like GJ)

back soon....i'm currently working on some other projects and also grabbing vacation time...

N

Attachments

• forex Diary 2023.JPG
    forex Diary 2023.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 42
Forex Diary for June 2023

Hey all -

sorry for lack of posting - ive been very tied up on a lot of projects - I am also still researching and testing a lot of interesting new ideas in my trading, plus sticking to my own systems - especially around forex strengthmeters which i have used since 2000/2001

heres June so far ......

Bulls
Orange AUD and Brown CAD were the main bulls in june 2023 .....so far anyway

Bears
Yellow JPY has been a Dog through June so far Green USD has also been sold at times ....

on the Daily FXPowerscanner (left indicator) we see the best trending pairs in the 28 variations possible for G8 on a daily setting ....JPY pairs dominating the top 7 pairs and all on sell sell sell JPY (no surprises there)

on the Fix start indicator (right chart) we saw the big movers hitting highs and lows through the month so far.....

have a good weekend

N

Attachments

• forex Diary June 2023.JPG
    forex Diary June 2023.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 49
Hi Neil,

I was wondering if you would mind if I converted your free FX Correlator tool, the MT4 version, into a Python Script?
I do create trading bots in Python, and it would be great to try and use your correlation method alongside.

Please let me know.

Regards,
G

Hi Neil,

I was wondering if you would mind if I converted your free FX Correlator tool, the MT4 version, into a Python Script?
I do create trading bots in Python, and it would be great to try and use your correlation method alongside.

Please let me know.

Regards,
G
hey G

apologies - Ive been tied up elsewhere for a while

sure - do what you want - its free open software !

N

I hope everyone is well at T2W .....

interesting year in forex ...a lot going on .......systems come and go ...but the markets remain the ultimate winners.....

ive been tied up on a few interesting projects ...forex and otherwise

good trading ...

N

Hello NVP, I’m impressed by the # of years you’ve been posting since 2009. Amazing persistence in correlation approach.

Hello NVP, I’m impressed by the # of years you’ve been posting since 2009. Amazing persistence in correlation approach.
Hey there

Sorry for late reply. I'm 23 years in fx trading ....sure I still respect correlation but I've evolved over the years ....the free stuff posted here is useful but I do have much more sophisticated software these days

N

Hey there

Sorry for late reply. I'm 23 years in fx trading ....sure I still respect correlation but I've evolved over the years ....the free stuff posted here is useful but I do have much more sophisticated these days

N

I just wanted to wish everyone here a merry Xmas and Happy New year

Trade2win is a great forum and I'm a huge fan of it .....its been kind to me over the years

I don't really get the time to be on here much these days....but maybe will try to get more involved in 2024

N