Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

heres a word that I offer up to traders that want to make the grade....if you hav'nt got bags of it .....then you are not getting in the Club......harsh truth gang .....so go get some ....!!

i've been Gambling since a kid and trading since the 1980s ....with serious Forex Trading since around 2000/2001.....there are times when it was pretty hard going with long long hours and sacrifice as I tested literally thousands of systems and ideas alongside full time busy jobs ........during that time i have seen hundreds and hundreds of very smart Traders and programmers I worked with give up and walk away from Trading .......most of them much smarter than me ......

no doubt they have all found success in other career paths ....but not trading

I'm not offering you a guarantee.....go buy a washing machine if you need one of those ......but if you are diligent and smart in your research and prepared to go the extra mile day after day ....you will get there .........I promise !

so........... lets do it .........

RESILIENCE

1. 1.
    the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties; toughness.
    "the often remarkable resilience of so many British institutions"

Last edited:
jees sloooooooooow morning ........ZZZZZZZ

i cannot get excited about chasing a bear NZD........not on london session ...everyone generally decent i trade in zombie state so far

a little EJ scalp buying recently .....but i am truly clutching at straws ....which you do not do on a monday morning session...im trying to force it to come ....

N

ok the europeans got bullish earlier and yen and USD finally flashed a little bear action.....

i got brave on cable arpund 2908 levels and it got to 2930s earlier ....retracting at moment

EJ , EU all possible for buys .........

on 1 hour charts a lot of the the bullish euro and GBP pairs all offering decent options to rebuy when offered

N

ok GBP buys been ok ...and NZD still selling .......average day ......

my quote on another thread .......I know probably a handful of decent quality orientated trainers i would recommend to inexperienced traders ......

funnily enough none of them do promotional videos in hired private jets or sitting in silly exotic cars drinking champagne .....or in hotel rooms telling you how to become a millionaire

if you are that dumb to pay for these shameful training company courses then you deserve to lose your money .....cmon smell the coffee here .....its fairytale land guys .....get real !

monetizing training sites and Academies and systems for Trading is a hard slog and generally only the companies prepared to throw a lot of marketing, commissions to affiliates and IT social network kickbacks make it succeed (for them though - not the customers).........

unfortunately these are by no means the best places for traders to learn to trade .....they are expensive for the poor originality and quality of training provided but remember you have to keep the owners in their hired jests (for the advertising video purposes) and eating expensive meals in exotic restaurants.....they are not earning from trading ...its a small % of their income streams at the best of times ......

the REAL quality training sites and trainers lurk much lower below the surface of the superficial pretenders ....and need to be found by reliable recommendations (not affiliate bribes and kickbacks) and discussions on the big forums .....

N

market slowly getting into gear

I like GBP for buys now and spookily NZD back in dungeon again getting sold off.........

sorry really tied up today on some other businesses where i consult ....

morning all ..still tied up on some projects but trying to scalp market inbetween calls .....

not really inspiring so far ...........only seeing weakness in the Aussie and Kiwi......not really great correlation elsewhere to justify some scalps

ok gbp went awol bull earlier and i have managed to grab some pips ..........i started getting in around the 3050 level .....its at 3080s now

tied up rest of day with a startup company i do some consulting for

N

morning all ....still tied up later helping a startup compnay but scalping this morning ...

better patterns this morning ............im really looking for europe to stay bull selling off yen and USD

cable is ok above 3035......eu above 1340......Ej 125.60s

N

great shout out to Florin .......how are you man !!!

ok great question from him re a simple system .....heres one i talk about a lot in my links below

confluence on 2 Timeframes !!!

heres 1hr and 4hr FXCorrelator on a 20ma

see how the Grey CH and the Blue Euro are on same side ......BUY
see how the Yellow Yen and the turquoise NZD are on same side ......Sell

now try to look for combos of those pairs once they retrace a little ....they should then come back into the patterns above

buy strength , sell weakness is the key

but for entries i always recommend that inexperienced traders initially start with CONTINUATION trades

look it up guys ........thats a solid and robust strategy for new traders to learn on ....

continuations into established trends

have a great day and thanks to Florin for popping into my Skype channel

N

Attachments

• 1hr vs 4hr Fxcorrelator.JPG
    1hr vs 4hr Fxcorrelator.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 138
hi gang

im taking a few days R and R away from house as the builders are in .....i will check in though from time to time

N

Good morning All

I am reading this thread with enthusiasm and desperately trying to set up FXCORRELATOR but can't seem to download Metatrader4, would anyone please be kind enough to share where they downloaded it from?

All I seem to be able to download is Metatrader5 (which does not seem to have "custom indicators" in navigator), which this .mq4 will not work with???

NVP

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I am UK based.

All the downloads I have found are for metatrader5 and I have your files below , which one should I please be looking to upload to MT4?

Attachments

• FXCORRELATOR_BASIC_FREE_VERSION_2013.ex4
    18.7 KB · Views: 97
  • FXCORRELATOR_BASIC_FREE_VERSION_2013.mq4
    6.7 KB · Views: 120
I have Tickmill up and running now.....and it looks like Metatrader4 (thanks for that)

The nest stage is where I am clearly missing something

I do not seem to be able to find"Custom Indicators" in the Navigator box.

Please can you assist with advice