Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

got out of that old cable trade eventually for a loss naturally......but then scraped a fast resell last 15-20 mins to make it back

cable really really frustrating in last few hours

AUDUSD looking interesting right up to daily TF...plenty of downthrust.....6732 sell off got rejected so far .... id happily look to scalp down from 6737 ish and start to try to build selling position.....time will tell

NZDUSD of course !!!!!

Last edited:
AUDUSD looking interesting right up to daily TF...plenty of downthrust.....6732 sell off got rejected so far .... id happily look to scalp down from 6737 ish and start to try to build selling position.....time will tell

NZDUSD of course !!!!!

NU (sorry re misquote above) eventually got offered at around 6743 so it was a decent decent resell ......down to 6735 so far

bit messy today ...........i should have got more on some of the CHF swissie pairs as it really did get bear earlier ....CAD has been pretty bull from early london so again i needed to be more on the CAd at times..

I did ok ..........but such analysis allows me to go back and ask myself (normally) why was i focused on Cable when this or that was happening ?

yes im a big Cable fan when it comes to the lower Timeframes .......its my weakness ......haha

N

Emerald2112;11984598 said:
{quote} Hi, I just loaded the correlator thanks. I cant see that the cross matched the 20MA cross on the chart... {image}

Hi There Emerald

many thanks for downloading my indicator ....several thousand traders have now opted to use this free version and i hope it is as useful to you as it has been to us !

ok I am extremely surprised at what i am seeing in your picture here....that crossover is way off the mark !

https://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3209537&d=1549818737

heres my indicator below on same time / place

the FXCorrelator in fact works on the LMWA (linear weighted Average)....why it does is a long story from its development in the early 2000's and a programmer i was working with at the time.... I have various versions of my Basic FXCorrelator involving just about every type of moving average ......but in truth its not life and death most of the time .....smoothed vs SMA vs LMWA ......all pretty tight .........no worries

ive put a LWMA and a Simple MA on the chart below at same time .....ive removed all other lines on the FXCorrelator (easily done using the settings) except the green USD and the RED gbp you can see .....ALL on a 20ma setting .......i think my chart shows BOTH MAs are crossed when the red / green lines cross as should be happening .......so I can only think that you do not have a 20ma on your main chart or that its another non standard variation of the 20ma

let me know if this is fixed now ....heres the original Indicator below for those who havnt got this useful piece of Kit !

Neil
NVP

Attachments

• FXCorrelator 20 ma setting.JPG
    FXCorrelator 20 ma setting.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 118
  • Free FXcorrelator indicator updated April 2018 pdf.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • FXCORRELATOR_BASIC_FREE_VERSION_2013.mq4
    6.7 KB · Views: 128
hey gang .....

nice nice action today ...........Greenback USD (and Yen) cruising in Bull mode making usd pairs particularly easy peasy so far

im scalping Cable , EU , EJ even AU earlier .....ucad a little quiet still

been on Cable from the 2917/2914 resistance zone testing early london action......that then sold off .....down to 2890s so far

nice
N

usd cad delivering now as hoped ......low 3220s to 3229 scalp in last 10 mins

jees slooow morning .........i got into cable again around 2903/2910 zone and scalped it down to 2880s again so far

as BP says ...not an easy session so far ....its tough to find 5 pip scalps ....normally on better volatility you can slide 5 pip scalps both ways on Cable ....thats why i like it

N