Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hi all ......hope this helps ...heres my trades last few hours on Cable

sorry ive hidden the indicators and other charts i used to get on the trades .......as we all have our own private customised styles right ?

yes yes yes.......... theres one glaringly obvious scalp i bloody missed worth a decent haul of pips....i went to make a coffee !!!

N

Attachments

• NVP cable scalps 13th Feb london session.JPG
    NVP cable scalps 13th Feb london session.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
i was waiting for next signal ...came at around 2893/4 .....down to 2886 so far

sorry for lack of posts ...been tied up talking to a few traders that i mentor a little

anyway............USD has stayed most consistently bull through the whole of the london and US sessions to date

suits me .....whilst i have to be very aware of the manipulation of the USD pairs by big banks etc ....they still remain lowest spreads for my scalping action .............and i do generally ok most days on this timeframe....

higher timeframes in truth are much easier to trade ....but i dont get the number of trades to make it worthwhile off my leverlage / risk profile .......

I was talking to a mate the other week who is a prop trader leveraging other peoples money .....its been offered to me a few times now ......but perhaps when i am more squared later this year ......we will see ...I was more focused on training and mentoring again in 2019.......we will see ......

I did show the scalps i did on cable in london session ........to be honest i was scalp buying earlier for a while then switched back as GBP fell south again into the US early session .......I was fairley conservative and didnt start hitting cable until 2870s ....way late for many scalpers....its been to 2840s so far .....last scalp got in around 2858 and sold to 2850....Cable is retracing again so im out of game at moment

been scalping EU as well...........now thats a rarity for me ....the EU is THE most manipulated of all the G8 28 pairs........the 2 biggest currencies traded by volume means lucrative opportuniites for the big players to hammer all those low TF players at key positions ....but a necessary evil if my indicators tell me EU is where the money is on lower TF's.....

heres about 3-4 scalps from earlier ...again apologies but my indicators have all been hidden / removed and this broker is running off a GMT+2 timeline

again in hindsight ......theres perhaps 2-3 areas where i missed good scalps .........but I am not perfect and tracking a lot of other pairs at times .......naturally i miss a few .....if I kidded you I took them all as perfect trades thats just b*llshit ......this is real trading and not the wonderland stuff many vendors peddle to sell their systems .......warts and all guys ......warts and all.....

N

Attachments

• fXCorrelator on EU 13th Feb 2019 V2.JPG
    fXCorrelator on EU 13th Feb 2019 V2.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 132
  • fXCorrelator on EU 13th Feb 2019 V1.JPG
    fXCorrelator on EU 13th Feb 2019 V1.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
morning all ........

real mess on London market at moment ......back later

my main fun pair Cable is completely eratic at moment and being played by big banks ....stay clear at moment

slow old progress ..resell on Cable and EU and even EJ all coming now ...watching

2830 resell entry Cable
1264 resell EU

interesting

slow old progress ..resell on Cable and EU and even EJ all coming now ...watching

2830 resell entry Cable
1264 resell EU

interesting

2823 the low on Cable
1259 the low on EU

for that cycle....

tight scalping action !

N

EJ tempting at 125.18.....looking for resell with a tight tight 125.22/23 stop available

bugger out of EU with small loss

BP you were right on the money with that call .....I squeesed one out earlier by skin of my teeth from 65 to 59 .....

I didnt take this as was taking a call.....fortunate i didnt ....bad luck

ok been scalping cable south.....no other pair on G8 going as well ......on lower TFs anyway

got in 3 decent scalps after missing the one earlier ....grrrrrrrrrr

N

Attachments

• cable scalps 14th Feb 2019.JPG
    cable scalps 14th Feb 2019.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 97
GBPCAD is a real nice looking resell as well.........there was a signal earlier at 6985 that failed ........but one to tuck away until we see some decent resistance kicking in and holding

GBPCAD is a real nice looking resell as well.........there was a signal earlier at 6985 that failed ........but one to tuck away until we see some decent resistance kicking in and holding

not sure where i got that 6985 figure from above .......I must be halucinating !

anyway CAD is having a great US open session .....bull bull bull

GBPCAD peaked at 7070's and now been down to 6990's so far ......not too shabby

hey all

early days in session nothing peeking yet ...back later ...im mentoring / training this morning so may not post as much as usual

hey all ....ive been tied up a bit ......however GBP provided most excitement today .....its mainly played out Bull

cable been twitchy but ive had some decent scalps up from 2811 level to 2850s so far

GBP is a hot bull today after the generally bear week ...classic profit taking by traders before weekend ?

N

Hey Gang ....

We are halfway through February already - Hows your 2019 Trading going ? ...any resolutions already out the window ?

looking from the start of January (below) its all about the BROWN CAD piling on the pips ....450+ pips since new year

RED GBP was a flash buy in Jan but has had a weak Feb to date (Brexit blues)......

GREY SWISSIE taking most heat on sell side and its been to -350 pips so far ...ouch ! ......

10/10 if youve been trading those currencies in pairs .....as you should have done pretty well !

N

Attachments

• G8 2019.JPG
    G8 2019.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 229
I answered a question on Exit strategies and also Continuation indicators here at T2win .....

Exit strategies

had this old thread running a while back.....most Exit stuff mentioned ...

I think chandelier was in there somewhere , SAR .....a lot of other stuff that may be interesting ?

personally i would suggest you also look at ATR forming part of any exit strategy.....but thats just me ....

https://www.trade2win.com/threads/best-exit-strategies-for-forex-market.117416/

Continuation wise indicators ......hmmm

perhaps the macd where both Ma lines are already on same side and then fast Ma crosses back into trend.....as good as any ive seen .............not what i do but its half decent if you work the settings and perhaps add a few other bells and whistles

heres VP explaining more on the MACD..............i'm NVP buy the way so we are not related !!!...although we've exchanged correspondance on some his work which i find interesting

N

https://nononsenseforex.com/indicators/macd-indicator-strategy/