Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

nearly 4 minutes on just a 2 pip spread for Cable ...it finally broke south so im in at 2829 selling again

pleased with that.............to 2820 already !!!!!!!!!!!!

EU coming south a well again

cable eventually got down to 2780s......not to bad at all

EU maxxed at 1540s....again ok for a morning session ....no complaints

Yen and USD have come back from london session highs .....likewise Euro and GBP have bounced north again ...........so plenty of consolidation

since i did pretty good on the divergence plays earlier i havnt chased them back ....no need to be greedy

back later for NY

N

just a heads up ...GBP currency is hitting a decent R level...may be worth looking for resells in the 2830s

its not until the 2850s that cable is showing huge POC levels for all you market profile traders

N

can someone please shoot me ?.....sure im at 2827 and a decnt scalp on

but i should not have taken that scalp after doing so well this morning ......hmmm

back later ....

N

I don't understand the benefit ... I mean, I don't understand how the correlation charts work, or what they do. Could you please give an example of how it works?

hey all....

first 2 hours of trading have been twitchy.....usd and yen were bullish .......in truth CAD was the sell.......Euro / GBP sells have been ok ish but pretty wafer slim options

8am bar should see the trends developing now ...no big news releases in europe this morning

N

8am has not really made it any clearer......

i took a eu resell around the 1636/1633 range....and got a good scalp down to low 1620s....but jees its hard grind......im hoping gbp will give me some decent bias soon...its really ranging....

N

still hardish work...........usd is my main currency to trade london and its not offering up much in terms of a decent trend from 6am so far.....its been great if you range trade ......it was bull early doors then swung a nice 20 pips south so far .....but i prefer to get onto a tradable trend ......likewise yen , gbp and Euro all swinging like sinatra......

last hour i have been trying to work cable north of 2920s.....been to 2940s so far

N

still really focusing on cable rebuys last few hours .....2920-2940s

last few hours ive been in and out .....

with usd holding bear and GBP actually still holding bull from 6am ......i have been trying to maintain Cable buying - especially off the bigger retraces

so nice rebuys again off the 2920's earlier back up to 2960s......but 2961/2 the high so far

euro has grovelled bear most of the day so no use selling it into a bear usd ...

yen recovered strongly from 1.30 pm BST and was worth buying into usd or Euro .....some nice moves

Cad was a demon seller NY session so far .....but not for me with usd weak as well - shame*

I don't understand the benefit ... I mean, I don't understand how the correlation charts work, or what they do. Could you please give an example of how it works?

hey there ....try this ?

MODS...you know me by now ..im not trying to sell anything here at T2win ...the trader asked me to explain it and a video is worth a thousand words

cheers
N

hey all

ok ....its friday !...ok its the NFPs this afternoon but until then no major new releases so clean sailing

USD , Euro and GBP all pretty bull so far from 6am .....frustrating

yen the sell .........CAD and AUD as well

means i'm chasing less appealing pairs for me ..... except E/J buys which im majoring on so far

i didnt really hit it until post 9am BST....buying up from high 128.60s to 128.90s so far

buing U/J never really flots my boat much unless i had a good good reason to see USD and JPY having their positive correlation unhooked .....

N

morning all

low action at moment and im busy elsewhere ......

asian had relatively low volatility......

usd net bull so far ...main seller is Cad......europeans are very very neutral

ZZZZZZZz

a while back around 8.30 BST I decided to start selling yen and USD ......europeans looking much more bull as well

been working cable up from 2920ish and EU up from 1550s ....EJ looked buyable again in 128.20s

cable been to 2945 and EU to 1570's ....EJ been to 128.50s so far

okish re scalping ......dont hang the flags out just yet today !

N

earlier dynamics shifted from around 10.30 am ...consolidation still in progress

Euro looks best bet to hold Bull positions ......

if EU can get back into 1580s i'll look to rebuy
EJ would be preferable back into 128.60s for rebuying to commence
cable needs 2930s to rehold for buying

aside from this the Swissie has been clobbered today so far ....nearly 60 pips down from 6am BST

N

earlier dynamics shifted from around 10.30 am ...consolidation still in progress

Euro looks best bet to hold Bull positions ......

if EU can get back into 1580s i'll look to rebuy
EJ would be preferable back into 128.60s for rebuying to commence
cable needs 2930s to rehold for buying

aside from this the Swissie has been clobbered today so far ....nearly 60 pips down from 6am BST

N

started rebuying cable earlier as it went into the 2930 zone.... now at 1.30s

big thank you mr Barnier !!!!

Last edited:
post the new release i felt gbp was a little overcooked and must come back ......started looking to short cable from 3030 levels .....been down to 3005/6 where major resistance seen so far

since then im still tempted to resell when offered .........been back up to 3030 again so good sell levels