Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

fairly quiet now .....gbp and Euro are fading back bull off recent selloffs ....
Yen and USD are fading bear off recent buy phases as well ....

so in essence london prime trends are consolidating..........

i cant be bothered to chase ghosts......cable showing optimism now off 3018 highs down to 3008 ....so will try to trade it south again now ....but not that convinced

back later
N

so i a

hey all

usd really hasnt shown its hand yet ...its bear though just ....from 6am so far

euro and GBP also pretty neutral so far .....yen is on balance Bull

cad is strongest , AUD weakest so far

i suppose UCAD sells are most interesting to date ....but i prefer involving euro or GBP in my early london trading

N

messy is the word so far !!

im trying to work cable sells and in fact uchf sells ..........not perfect as that means i am not giving a bias to usd .......but thats what you have to do when usd is flat/choppy

im looking for 3-5 pips MAX .....very fast and very messy ....not for the fainthearted

N

to be honest i am just working the USd as being net bear and trying to buy yen and CHF into it

awful correlation patterns this morning ...i really should forget it

N

still slow day ........the usd has not swung more that 7-8 pips either side of zero from 6am BST.....

no trend = no real profitable action on usd pairs...unless the other currency delivers major moves

i like my trading low risk .....

so chasing yen bull has been ok .....but hardly my favourite pairs to trade london in truth

N

ive just been having a long chat with a trader i am mentoring

they are getting better and better ......im impressed

but you know what they are still doing thats hurting them ?

they are being tooo aggressive on stops !

yes i know they are trying to boost returns by maximising profit per pip...I get it

but they are missing easily 1 trade in say 5 to a small stop out move

thats a 3-5 pip stop loss trade vs a b/e or small winner 20% of the time

and you cant afford that ....not in this game

theres some great books on how to find small % wins in your endeavours

each small % increase in your edge makes to you more of a winner ....then you are closer to the tipping point that makes you a profitable trader (another good book).....

N

NY session yesterday was slightly more interesting.....

Euro stayed bear, and the USD continued Bullish from London morning session......

EU was the play safe from 1650's to 1580's at times during NY session

no complaints

morning all ....

usd pretty flat so far London but i went for GBP being bearish early on .....worked ok so far

yen a coming bear as well .....AUD real Bullish at moment

N

last resell on Cable was around the 2895...down to low 2880's so far

GBP currency now over 50 pips south of 6am bst opens ....thats heavy selling for a monday

73 locked ..........back later gang .....hope you took that live 7-8 pip scalp with me

nice nice morning cruising the cable sells ..no other pair in town so far

back later
N

cable still the only pair to trade in my books.....its been down to 2850's from 2920s early london

2870's seem to be a good R level ...im trying to work it south again

hey all .....sorry no posts this morning ..i was 1 laptop down so no posting

great morning ........USD went bull trend after slight consolidation off a bull asian session (perfect)

EU was safest sell ....GBP was to bull and possibly UJ buying was also an option but not my favourite pair to trade as i like those 2 guys (USD and Yen) moving together

anyway EU was offering around 40 pips from 1600s to 1550s so far .....plenty of scalps available

N

hey all

i am still 1 laptop down so not much posting today until later on ....sorry

ok from 6am BST markets are real nice and steady : -

Yen and USD are solid Bulls ......yen to +30 pips so far ...usd half that but steady

Euro and GBP solid solid selling ......-20's pips each

perfect correlation for me ....I cannot lose when i get these 4 guys working like this !

have fun while it lasts

N

been selling EU from 1590s .....now at 1540s and reversing a little

selling GU from 2860s down to 2820s ...again reversing now a little

simple consolidation or end of the party ? ...........time will tell

cant complain about 40-50 pips of scalp area on my 2 favourite pairs though !!!

N

real tug of war at moment on cable and EU ......

2830-33
1555-1557

N