Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey gang ....

ok ive been mainly playing EJ and EU sells this morning as already mentioned

why ?

because based on currency correlation from 6am BST .....only euro is selling vs my main other currencies like GBP , Yen and USD .....they are all net bull

why try to selloff any currencies in a session clearly Bull ? ......unless you are hunting reversals.................which generally im not .....im mainly a trend follower

so heres the EU this morning from 6am ......(8am on these charts)

i get a lot of emails asking me to reveal more about my trading ....especially Entry points .....once ive identified my alpha pairs to trade in a session...

well i will at some point .....but i have to be honest and say its not that far removed from many things other traders are doing ...........i have no magic beans or indicators .......although i do have a lot of stuff trying to show me where the best low risk trades are flagging up

so heres the 5 min EU and as stated all i am doing is looking to sell .........the second chart is deffo where i went based on my indicators and patterns....usually inside the 5 min on a lower TF (1,2,3mins or even Renko bars)

so c'mon where are the places to sell in hindsight ? ???

I can tell you where i was hunting ..........ive shown them ....simple pullback areas .....but the actual entry points ?

well thats for another time and another place !!

N

Attachments

• eu sells.JPG
    eu sells.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 161
  • more eu sells.JPG
    more eu sells.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
hey petar ...understood .....im only scalping ....so no worries

interestingly if i were assessing absolute currency strength / weakness the Euro possibly has another 40 pips possible selloff before it sees another major S level ..and I can possibly see another 10-15 pips of usd selling before a R level looms .....so its offering up the 2nd level 1590's as the one to beware of ...

its interesting to compare absolute currency Support and resistance levels with those identified in their relative pairs

fascinating stuff

N

yep just got another EU sell away below the Big Support levels at the 1660's !!

heres a fixed Fxcorrelator ...sorry its not offered for free gang

Questions ...

why would anyone buy Blue Euro this morning so far ???

why would anyone sell Yellow Yen or Red GBP or Green USD this morning so far ???

the london session is clearly favouring euro sells !!!!

dont fight the trend gang !!!!

N

Attachments

• london 29th aug G4 action.JPG
    london 29th aug G4 action.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 77
hey BP

yep .....perfect 1667 to 1657 scalp sell earlier !!!!

setting up again ....will it trigger ?

morning all .........

ok ..........messy london open so far

after early bull activity the usd has sold off ......im selling it

yen , gbp and euro all currently running bear as well......I have nothing to buy ??? (sounds like my wife)

playing the swissie bull .......AUD and NZD are bull but they can be a little sluggish london.....not my fav pairs

N

last hour of swissie is nearly a 30 pip bull swing move .....very impressive

ive surrendered to a 1 hour bull move on usd ...cant say its selling now .....frustrating

selling cable and EU on offers

EU await next swing sell offered back up to 1700 level (1691 hit)
GU await next swing sell offered back up to 3020 levels (3017 hit)
UCAD await next swing Buy offered back down to low 2920's level (2929 hit)

EURO and GBP both sitting on lows for london session ....not sure if thats it ....