Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

see how fickle the markets are scalping

see how the CAD and aUD lower charts suddenly disconnect from usd falls ?

that's why trading is soooo hard and you have to see the individual currencies for a better picture

N

Attachments

• winners losers.JPG
    winners losers.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 99
usd never lets us down for tricks ..............

look at that minx London session..........all about range trading and bouncing off S/R lines

U.S session much more direct so far !!!

N

Attachments

• usd day.JPG
    usd day.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 95
heres the last few weeks on USD

this week was a tap in Bull once the feds called the rate rise .........will it breach that high in late Nov ?

personally I say no .....I think we will get some ranging until we see the whites of Januarys eyes

N

Attachments

• usd week.JPG
    usd week.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 86

this week was a tap in Bull once the feds called the rate rise .........will it breach that high in late Nov ?

personally I say no .....I think we will get some ranging until we see the whites of Januarys eyes

N

Dear NVP
a little contribution from my side though i know nothing about coding,in these your mq4 files there were 7 warnings in every each,that removed.though these warnings do not effects the responses of the indicator
regards

Attachments

• E.mq4
    5.8 KB · Views: 119
  • G.mq4
    5.8 KB · Views: 112
  • N.mq4
    5.8 KB · Views: 121
  • U.mq4
    5.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Y.mq4
    5.8 KB · Views: 127
  • CH.mq4
    5.9 KB · Views: 111
  • C.mq4
    5.8 KB · Views: 107
  • A.mq4
    5.8 KB · Views: 105
Dear NVP
a little contribution from my side though i know nothing about coding,in these your mq4 files there were 7 warnings in every each,that removed.though these warnings do not effects the responses of the indicator
regards

Cheers dude....(y)....I won't load them as I am happy with the originals ......but if warnings are showing happy to,let these run

If you are interested in some programming work email me at [email protected] :smart:

N

Cheers dude....(y)....I won't load them as I am happy with the originals ......but if warnings are showing happy to,let these run

If you are interested in some programming work email me at [email protected] :smart:

N
hi NVP,
NO needs to change any thing just point out a bug that was looking awkward in pretty thread,lol.
i have a question regarding correlation matter ?
usually in correlation indicators (pair} price line is calculated in conjunction with that particular pair (because 7 pairs with 7 lines} for example in EURUSD price is calculated how EUR is declining or increasing against USD,if EUR is increasing here against USD,at the same time EUR might be decreasing its value against some other currency,for example GPB or AUS,not because of that EUR is increasing/decreasing its value,might be EUR is still at same price in real but because of other currencies (USD/GPB} might be going up or down,so my question is......which one indicator give us a currency original price,real price with out any conjunction with any currency and from where it will be get data for latest rate and how it will be refresh data at every tick,is there any central exchange where prices are decided or every currency get data from its own country central bank.....thanks
regards

ok scooting soon .....made a few this morning before work ............all helps !

heres the usd today / this week ..chart 1 .....the MAJOR S/R lines are really where I can get most bang for my bucks ..........so yesterday if I had been trading in the afternoon I would have got hard on the USD as it tested the lows of the week again ..........any bull usd pairings at that time paid dividends !

chart 2 and 3 were my last attempts to trade today ............see how I tried to anticipate a bounce from USD off the Support line ?

didn't happen ...............but then it doesn't most of the time ............my job is to anticipate ambush positions before they happen .....then set the trap (ie pick my probable G7 partners to the USD) .....and then wait ............

if it fail move on to the next position / ambush ...............you have to think a few steps ahead in trading and especially scalping :smart:

ok later all ...have a good day

N

Attachments

• usd today.JPG
    usd today.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 78
  • resells.JPG
    resells.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 95
  • nope.JPG
    nope.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 87
hi NVP,
NO needs to change any thing just point out a bug that was looking awkward in pretty thread,lol.

i have a question regarding correlation matter ?

usually in correlation indicators (pair} price line is calculated in conjunction with that particular pair (because 7 pairs with 7 lines} for example in EURUSD price is calculated how EUR is declining or increasing against USD,if EUR is increasing here against USD,at the same time EUR might be decreasing its value against some other currency,for example GPB or AUS,not because of that EUR is increasing/decreasing its value,might be EUR is still at same price in real but because of other currencies (USD/GPB} might be going up or down,so my question is......which one indicator give us a currency original price,real price with out any conjunction with any currency and from where it will be get data for latest rate and how it will be refresh data at every tick,is there any central exchange where prices are decided or every currency get data from its own country central bank.....thanks
regards

hey there M

there isn't really an exchange or set formula that tells you an exact price for a currency .........its not like a stock price ............its all about creating the best representation for your own purposes ....by using a combination of all the pair prices for that particular currency (eg create a euro price by averaging all the Euro pairs..........)

you will see ETF's offering most of the majors ..........and the USD index is famous .............

besides the absolute price is not as important an the relativity of that price to the others ...

long story .............

N

hey all

if anyone can program Mt4 and is happy to offer about 10 mins of their programming skills to me for 2-3 really simple things I would be grateful

and you get something I wont be offering on this thread

2 simple things I want to do but my programming skills have fallen to zero now with lack of practice :D

[email protected] .......no hawkers or timewasters please ! :smart:

N

ok scooting soon .....made a few this morning before work ............all helps !

heres the usd today / this week ..chart 1 .....the MAJOR S/R lines are really where I can get most bang for my bucks ..........so yesterday if I had been trading in the afternoon I would have got hard on the USD as it tested the lows of the week again ..........any bull usd pairings at that time paid dividends !

chart 2 and 3 were my last attempts to trade today ............see how I tried to anticipate a bounce from USD off the Support line ?

didn't happen ...............but then it doesn't most of the time ............my job is to anticipate ambush positions before they happen .....then set the trap (ie pick my probable G7 partners to the USD) .....and then wait ............

if it fail move on to the next position / ambush ...............you have to think a few steps ahead in trading and especially scalping :smart:

ok later all ...have a good day

N

actually grabbed last pips here ..........the GU came good and CAD had been tempting me (y)

have a good day :smart:
N

Attachments

• yes yes yes.JPG
    yes yes yes.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 89
hey there M
besides the absolute price is not as important an the relativity of that price to the others ...

long story .............

N

usually in correlation indicators (pair} price line is calculated in conjunction with that particular pair (because 7 pairs with 7 lines} for example in EURUSD price is calculated how EUR is declining or increasing against USD,if EUR is increasing here against USD,at the same time EUR might be decreasing its value against some other currency,for example GPB or AUS,not because of that EUR is increasing/decreasing its value,might be EUR is still at same price in real but because of other currencies (USD/GPB} might be going up or down
perhapes i was not able to make you understand,or may be you just ignore the reality.
regards

usually in correlation indicators (pair} price line is calculated in conjunction with that particular pair (because 7 pairs with 7 lines} for example in EURUSD price is calculated how EUR is declining or increasing against USD,if EUR is increasing here against USD,at the same time EUR might be decreasing its value against some other currency,for example GPB or AUS,not because of that EUR is increasing/decreasing its value,might be EUR is still at same price in real but because of other currencies (USD/GPB} might be going up or down
perhapes i was not able to make you understand,or may be you just ignore the reality.
regards

the price of 1 currency will only be the same in relative terms if the total % movements of the other currencies you are comparing it to = Zero

otherwise it will have changed in value + or negative based on adding all the +/- % change values together of the others

trading any set of currencies defined is always a Zero sum game :smart:

my FXCorrelator indicator available here free always adds up to Zero if you add up all the values of the G8 currencies

N

N

well the usd is faltering as I thought.............bad week so far ........

SELL

N

Attachments

• usd falters.JPG
    usd falters.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 99
usd selling into London..............ive scalped a few pips in last hour or so

N

Attachments

• usd sells into london.JPG
    usd sells into london.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 242
couple of calls on F's thread that didn't go...............in fact the usd chasing north now ......

heres my progression on the last 30 mins or so ..............the usd was not indicating such a big big retrace north ............I went in at a pinch point to resell .........

too early ?

should I have waited ?

that's trading !

ok later all
N

Attachments

• eu buys.JPG
    eu buys.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 191
  • usd resells.JPG
    usd resells.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 192
  • uj buys.JPG
    uj buys.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 130
  • usd sells into london.JPG
    usd sells into london.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 182
  • usd falters.JPG
    usd falters.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 173
  • gu buys.JPG
    gu buys.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 184
  • progression.JPG
    progression.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 175
  • market switches.JPG
    market switches.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 210
  • u turn usd.JPG
    u turn usd.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 174
later gang .................and heres a 99% pattern on usd ..........that's what I really look for in a signal

Attachments

• classic pattern.JPG
    classic pattern.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 196
i do not understand why some peoples do not believe on the correlator that the only way to know if currency moving or money comin up without that you all blind all my success are to thanks to the correlator