Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

morning all ..............havnt really traded today much .............but another cracking morning of volatility that always generates pips

the London session stars have been Euro and JPY .......both delivered bull runs of up to 60 pips from 6am

the only Real bear was big bad sterling..........its at over 100 pips down now from 6am and I wish I had taken it a few mins back..........Grrrrrrrrr

AUD has sold steadily 40 pips bear

usd mainly net bull today London......but has swung at times nicely .....mainly pips from buying it

N

Attachments

• usd net bull.JPG
    usd net bull.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 104
morning all .........

usd as slowly progressed north most of the week and today it is not disappointing ..personally I think we may see more selloffs today but until It shows its face I would be bull usd

meanwhile London session has been lively ..........Europeans were the sells into usd bull............even yen took selloffs ......choppy at moment

have a good day ......i'll get a chance to talk later today and over weekend .............I have been using some programmers from Freelancer.com for some indicator upgrades.............. which proved interesting :)

cheers
N

Attachments

• usd week.JPG
    usd week.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 95
jees Freelancer is useful to get programming work done but the admin is atrocious ........I have had my amex hit for multiple payments and am only slowly getting them refunded now after 2 days of chasing them ...........spare me

N

hey all

London was pretty slow ..........

I see only 30-40 pips max move on currencies with only a bull yen really running well to low 40's ........

bear runs from Cad , Swissie and NZD but again only 30 ips max from London opens ............Slooooooooow

nice steady bull usd though so plenty of scalps selling the aussies , Cad and Swissie

And i'm sure people enjoyed some pips buying EA ........

I still feel the usd will take hits US session............but only evidence makes us trade it !!

good luck US session all

stop press - CAD has opened STRONG !!! (y)

N

Attachments

• usd bull day so far.JPG
    usd bull day so far.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 118
no trading this afternoon but a steady eddie USD

Yen has swung like a demon from bear Asian to bull European/US session .......currency of the day

nice solid Euro CHF buys this afternoon with most other currencies on the back foot and falling

have a good day

N

before I even think about trading a pair I monitor/track the individual currencies to find the ones I want to trade ............that's my edge :smart:

Attachments

• usd bull day so far.JPG
    usd bull day so far.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 107
using some upgraded indicators today ...............paid a programmer last week to automate some stuff I do manually ..................saves me about 10-15min setting up the day so well worth it

heres the usd ............for me it will be easier if we see those S/R levels hit ........... you can then bounce it or follow the extension ...........later will tell

at present I am net bear on usd

so far been selling usd into a nicely bouncing euro ..........rocky start to London session .Asian was easier ............with AUD making 40 pips and yen falling 40 pips in the session

tricky today so far so be carefull

Attachments

• usd position.JPG
    usd position.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 180
  • eu buys.JPG
    eu buys.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 168
ok I gotta scoot .............sorry about the multiple posts........I trade by following individual currencies .................I will have up to 8 pairs ready to go based on what I see .....I am tracking those dudes until the signal comes ..............takes a little time and practice

usd is flat now so been a little slim pickings .............should've take EA earlier ........I havnt lost any money but missed some nice scalps

ok as I leave the Euro is the sell and NZD / AUD the firm buys ............London still warming up

I have made money today but should've made more ..............0/10 !!!

later
N

Attachments

• nu.JPG
    nu.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 105
  • ej reslees.JPG
    ej reslees.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 106
  • ej sells.JPG
    ej sells.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 89
  • eu buys.JPG
    eu buys.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 106
  • usd position.JPG
    usd position.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 116
  • sell ej.JPG
    sell ej.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 96
  • ucad buys.JPG
    ucad buys.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 123
  • ea sells.JPG
    ea sells.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 108
  • correlation.JPG
    correlation.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 106
went EA as a finale......setup around the 23 ..... see F's thread ;)

later
N

Attachments

• 2 pairs.JPG
    2 pairs.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 106
  • ea the sell.JPG
    ea the sell.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 87
motoring a treat now ............

N

Attachments

• ea sell moving.JPG
    ea sell moving.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 121
wont trade tonight but popped in for a look........

Classic USD today.............I was calling usd generally bear for London session and was right .....................then look at that US kicker ............by midday the usd was on its boot straps tsting the weekends spike low

test / reverse !!!!!..........bull since then ............

other currencies :-

Cad was strongest currency/High today by lunch but now collapsing us session - sell

AUD / GBP and NZD next Bull players .......... ok us so far so - buys

Yen Euro and CHF have tracked each other al day from the big selloffs Asian / London to the recoveries so far in us session - BUYS

USD - BUY

cheers gang .....if I could nail 100 pip moves on a pair every short session I would be happy (thanks again EA)

N

Attachments

• usd today.JPG
    usd today.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 83
ucad one of the many decent pair offerings at moment by selling CAD

N

Attachments

• ucad.JPG
    ucad.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 100
morning all

the recent programming work I had done has paid dividends in that it allows me faster access to views and scenarios than the manual processes I was using ..............howevre without the manual processes I endured I could not have described accurately what I needed from the guys at freelancer.com................

it allows me much faster analysis and I am ale to make much faster decisions on my currecnies to trade .......10/10 so far so money well spent

anyway usd is a sell London so far ...............shes gonna hit a key support level in next 15 mins (see chart) so watch the reaction .............that's where the next big trade move is for me on usd

meanwhile

Yen , Euro , Swissie are the buys ............strong Asian and still strong London so far

Aussies getting killed.........

gbp and Cad got hit Asian but rallying - nice potential resellers at moment

USD is meandering as it does .............the most on the fence currency for scalpers (unfortunately)

show me a great scalp day and I will show you the cause - a strongly trending USD !

cheers guys ............i'm happy with what ive take today (selling usd )........will call a couple on F's thread if I have time left before work

Cheers
N

d

Attachments

• usd test coming.JPG
    usd test coming.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 68
as mentioned in my earlier post links .......euro has been strong today and I have been on the sells for Usd and AUD mainly (although see recent bounce usd)

so solid scalps available on these pairs since 6am .......just follow the trend and attack the retrace / bounce areas

N

Attachments

• eu buys.JPG
    eu buys.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 71
  • ea buys.JPG
    ea buys.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 63
I mentioned the usd bounce that happening - saw it earlier and its going well

GBP was most obvious sell candidate ...that dude is overdue some selling after a bear Asian

lets see where this goes ...........8am bar will shake it out

N

Attachments

• gu sells.JPG
    gu sells.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 68
I mentioned the usd bounce that happening - saw it earlier and its going well

GBP was most obvious sell candidate ...that dude is overdue some selling after a bear Asian

lets see where this goes ...........8am bar will shake it out

N

Attachments

• gu sells.JPG
    gu sells.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 116
hey all ............well ive done well today in my brief trading window before work .............some automated work on my indicators recently has paid dividends and buys me time to make better and more well timed calls ............

anyway its still the same for me how I trade

so I was selling usd earlier in London session then saw the possibility of a usd bounce (above)..............cracking rebuys on USD generated dividends into 8am bar

sequential charts here for my day so far ....I took advantage of the Euro strength / AUD weakness and also then called the bounce on usd that turned into a real peach .................Gbp and CAd were natural resellers off a weak Asian ...........

have a good one ...........calling it real as I see it here as always - No B***S*** :smart::cool:

N

Attachments

• whoooooooo.JPG
    whoooooooo.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 93
  • gu sells.JPG
    gu sells.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 90
  • eu buys.JPG
    eu buys.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 82
  • ea buys.JPG
    ea buys.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 81
  • usd test coming.JPG
    usd test coming.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 90
  • trade s.JPG
    trade s.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 83
  • usd bounce.JPG
    usd bounce.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
hey all

nice solid Bull performance today for USD ..............plenty of opps for scalpers to make money

others

AUD has had a solid London and US session - BUY

CAD getting hammerd US session - Sell

GBP had a disastrous London....its rallying US but hammer that dude when he falters

nothing else interesting me ......perhaps the Yen looking better and better US

cheers guys - have a good one

N

Attachments

• usd bull day.JPG
    usd bull day.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 79