Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

difficult call eh ?

ok just to help if I were a betting man I would look at some of my more bespoke models and punt a sell on NZDUSD.........its around 8658 so sell it and run it though to end of the hours bar

but i'm not trading it myself as got to scoot

later
N

Last edited:
I would have taken that dude around 8664 if i had been focussed on the charts at the time earlier in the bar

N

Last edited:
I would have taken that dude around 8664 if i had been focussed on the charts at the time earlier in the bar

N

not bad at all ............a few pips available on that call ......but as I said it wasnt a trade made by me as I was not 100% convinced & tied up elsewhere :smart:

N

Attachments

• sell NU.JPG
    sell NU.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Second you NVP on this one:

A couple of pips ain't bad

Attachments

• NZDUSD H4.JPG
    NZDUSD H4.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 185
hey all

sorry i'm swamped with job handovers , interviews and other office politics

perhaps later
N

morning all ................back in office again today so no time to play

perhaps later as I am getting withdrawal symptons re my charts and Indicators :)

N

hey all

finally got a chance to take a look at things .............heres the 1hr 20ma for the week

USD has been strong all week ..........look at some of the nice sells shown early week on various currencies that could have been paired against the green usd .....

until today ..........!!

later
N

Attachments

• buy usd this week.JPG
    buy usd this week.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
hey all

back again ........heres those trades a few hours on .........

U/J has been disapointing with no real profit , but A/U sell delivered in spades (y)

there you go ..........all free and no secrets of the top traders needed for $2,000 fee.........:smart:

N

Hi,

Really appreciate all the info in this forum. I've recently become interested in FX as an Economics university student. Being as I'm quite new, with regards to what you said here, what kind of things to you look for as "potential" for a pair. Macro news? How its trading? The correlator indicator? etc

Thanks again!

Hi,

Really appreciate all the info in this forum. I've recently become interested in FX as an Economics university student. Being as I'm quite new, with regards to what you said here, what kind of things to you look for as "potential" for a pair. Macro news? How its trading? The correlator indicator? etc

Thanks again!

Hi A

I am mainly a Technical trader and follow the indicator i use (available free below) and the many derivatives i have created over the years working with some great traders and programmers.

basically strengthmeters provide me with a dynamic picture of what is happening across the G8 currencies in all timeframes................from the patterns and dynamics of those currencies I decide how and when to trade them
(see the chart below for more information)

I dont use forex paircharts as a guide .......as to me they are just a small part of understanding the bigger picture and pretty useless in truth....apart from naturally allowing me to place and exit trades

N

Attachments

• 7 p's of trading.JPG
    7 p's of trading.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
fancy some longer term calls ?

put the 20ma FXCorrelator on a weekly chart (below)........

what do you see ?.........I see :-

a weak USD (Green)
a very very strong AUD (gold)
a weakening Euro (blue) and CHF (grey)

so what ?..............so trade them !!!....remember this is seriously longer term so you need big big stop losses (hundreds of pips) and a lot of patience ...........as we are talking months here to get some results

This is a classic ploy of the trading vendors out there..........they will tell you that their trading system made 2,000 pips on a nice pair move ........but naturally delivered over a few months ...............2,000 pips traded on lower tF's will make you very wealthy ......but not at this weekly level where you must be on seriously low micro-micro lot levels

N

Attachments

• long term calls.JPG
    long term calls.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
High probab that the bullish trend will continue

Attachments

• AUDJPY H4.PNG
    AUDJPY H4.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 189
mornin all

heres the trusty 20ma FXCorrelator on a 1hr TF (see free links below)

(green) USD line took hits on friday ........its slowly clawing back north .......so I would hang fire on any USD pair calls at the moment ......we need a little more clarity here ..at least on this setting

meanwhile if you are blasting away on lower TF's the CAD has been a nice nice sell in last few hours ....and you can see that Euro (blue) and (grey) CHF are rocking north as well

later .......i'm tied up at work

N

Attachments

• ma 20 on a 1 hr tf this week monday.JPG
    ma 20 on a 1 hr tf this week monday.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
some very lively action this morning on lower TF's ...........G/U looking an interesting buy

N

Last edited:
CAD also has been hammered in last 5 hours ............USD is as good a pairtrade as any .......look at the move to date

N

Attachments

• USDCAD.JPG
    USDCAD.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
this is a fantastic period of trading .............USD is sitting on the fence whilst the other 7 currencies are firing on all cylinders

what do you mean you cant see that ?.......load up my free FXCorrelator below and join in the fun !

heres the 5min TF on a 20ma

N

Attachments

• action statiosn.JPG
    action statiosn.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I cant predict the future but i can sure see and understand the past easily on my FXCorrelator (y)

(see links below for free mt4 programmes)

8 currencies all understood in a few mnutes of analysis..........no fuss .........:smart:

chart is a 1 hr TF on a 20ma default setting ........

hmmmmmm........from start of the week (red line) I see green USD has been hit again and is taking flak going south (sell)..............the USD is the benchmark for the market .........huge pair volumes move through it as the global markets most popular currency .........

buy wise yesterday was a great day for the europeans (tell me you made money on them yesterday ! :cool:).....and today the legacy of the asian session is still driving the aussie pair team north ....................that will (probably) not last as the europeans take the stage now for the london session...........time will tell

later .....I may do a little scalping if I get time

N

Attachments

• usd under pressure.JPG
    usd under pressure.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited: