Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I like selling A/U

hey all .........I see this A/U sell was a marginal call (chart 2)........a few pips poss if you had held the line..and improving again now a little (y)

in fact the USD has gone bear on us re the 1 hr TF (See chart 1) .........with G/U buy becoming an absolute peach more recently ...........

such is life .....see how I didnt get creamed on the AU sell ? ...even though I got the USD direction wrong (it turned south as soon as I entered the trade :( ) the AUD stayed Bearish and kept us to a small loss or b/e.....or even now a profit if you hung in there.......I only need to get just 1 out of my 2 currency directions correct in a trade and I am pretty tight mostly ......you will be as well !

remember play USD sells now until further notice.......if you are using the 1hr TF as a steer :smart:

N

Attachments

• bear usd now.JPG
    bear usd now.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 171
  • a few pips on AU.JPG
    a few pips on AU.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
well that bear phase lasted for about another hour or so and then bull and now bear again !!

welcome to the world of the USD ..........it can be neutral for long periods of time :)

N

Attachments

• usd is flat.JPG
    usd is flat.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
AUD and NZD are the major buys in the chair presently .......and if you believe that USD will push south now on 1hr TF

hmmmmmmmm
n

ok as I leave the USD is shaping south nicely ..........fingers crossed

N

and as a wildcard let me recommend the USDCAD sell over the next hour or so

its at 1.1014 and falling

later
N

mornin all .........

as we drift into a very late easter break the markets seem to be quietening down

see how this 1hr 20ma chart shows all the currencies converging ?

anyway USD still marginally bear so sell it on lower TF's :smart:

N

Attachments

• quietening down.JPG
    quietening down.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 143
and as a wildcard let me recommend the USDCAD sell over the next hour or so

its at 1.1014 and falling

later
N

looking back to yesterday - yep a handful of pips on offer (10-15 pips) ..... I hope someone took it......

sure nothing serious ......but again I just play the odds based on how the FXcorrelator shows me the market is moving ......its just practice practice practice and knowing what to look for :smart:

later
N

Attachments

• a few pips on USDCAD.JPG
    a few pips on USDCAD.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
what at the moment ?

ok the market is pretty dead at the moment on my own Strengthmeter charts

i'm watching U/J sells below 101.96 and I'm also watching G/U buys above 1.6841

no promises though and I need the USD to show some more bear action on lower TF's

as a wildcard if USD now bolts north on Lower TF's sell NZDUSD below 0.8622

later
N

Last edited:
hmmmmmmmm i like my GBP to fly like a rocket when it moves ...........its sluggish still.......I need some ferrari acceleration to lure me in here on G/U buy

hey all - back again........

hmmm ......the GBP did not move north any further at all (I was already nervous on previous post)

The GREEN USd has stayed nicely south on the (left) 1hr 20ma chart so thats been a nice continued and strong sell platform for me to hunt some buys .............as you can see in last 2 hours or so the blue Euro and grey CHF were the trains north I was looking for .............you have to be patient in this game and not jump in at everything ........

practice ?.......yes
Experience ? .....yes
patience ?....yes

theres no silver bullet in this game dudes ...........dont believe what those nice junk mail jockeys tell you ...........they are just selling you snakeoil products .....walk your own path and build that trading dream yourself

later
N

Attachments

• buy eu was the play.JPG
    buy eu was the play.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
at 6812 its a little late to the door but its the USD bull move I like

keep the stops tight.. sorry - i should have told you all at least 10 pips earlier in the move

later
N

its holding into the new 1 hr bar so bail if you are nervous .....I should have called it earlier